NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Unofficial OpenELEC updater add-on (Dev Update)

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #31

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
joshmoulton wrote:
Broke again..

Sits for ever updating system then basically stops.
The addon just uses the official update method of putting the SYSTEM and KERNEL images into the .update folder, so this is a problem for the OpenELEC devs. Have a look at the OpenELEC FAQ for how to fix your system after a failed update.
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #32

• krade
I did not pull a log or anything as I just re-imaged my card. I get a script error about 80% through the decompression phase. It basically downloads ok as I did see the file on my card when I looked via winscp. Not sure what could cause that.

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #33

• XSnPX
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Krade,

It is known that if your build is Overclocked with a config.txt it can give an error at decompression.
I tried lots of configs with this and every time i OC whether mild or hard - the update no longer works.

Remove the config.txt file and it works fine... maybe OC is the problem.

B.

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #34

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
krade wrote:
I did not pull a log or anything as I just re-imaged my card. I get a script error about 80% through the decompression phase. It basically downloads ok as I did see the file on my card when I looked via winscp. Not sure what could cause that.
The most likely cause is running out of disk space. I would be interested to see the debug log if you can reproduce the problem. Which version of the addon do you have?

If you can reproduce it, please first turn on XBMC debugging and the addon 'Debug' option. Then upload the debug log via ssh with:
paste < ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
And post the url here.
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Leopold.

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #35

• krade
Leopold wrote:
krade wrote:
The most likely cause is running out of disk space. I would be interested to see the debug log if you can reproduce the problem. Which version of the addon do you have?

If you can reproduce it, please first turn on XBMC debugging and the addon 'Debug' option. Then upload the debug log via ssh with:
paste < ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
And post the url here.

I am sure that is the problem. I am overclocked. I will try to recreate but I have I have a new image. I was using 12350 at the time.

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #36

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
krade wrote:
I am sure that is the problem. I am overclocked. I will try to recreate but I have I have a new image. I was using 12350 at the time.
This problem was on RPi?
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #37

• krade
Leopold wrote:
krade wrote:
This problem was on RPi?

Yes on the RPi.

Edit: By the way, I may need to move to upgrading via some other method as I do want to keep my overclock settings intact.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by krade.

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #38

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
krade wrote:
Edit: By the way, I may need to move to upgrading via some other method as I do want to keep my overclock settings intact.
If overclock settings are affecting the update then it won't matter what method you use. Every method just puts the update files in the /storage/.update directory. The real magic happens after you reboot, and that's all down to the OpenELEC developers. You should be able to reproduce the same problem by mounting your SD card on your main computer and copying the files from the 'target' directory yourself.

It's quite possible that it's nothing to do with overclocking though, you may have just run out of space on the SD card as the file was decompressing.
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #39

• ELBOW2HEAD
  • Fresh Boarder
Well ive got overclocking config and ive not had the problem that you described. I had the problem of running out of space on the sd card but soon sorted that out. BTW, not tried the latest update of the addon but just letting you know

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #40

• krade
ELBOW2HEAD wrote:
Well ive got overclocking config and ive not had the problem that you described. I had the problem of running out of space on the sd card but soon sorted that out. BTW, not tried the latest update of the addon but just letting you know

My SD Card is 16GB but what is a simple and correct way to expand its storage? I do notice (I use Windows) that after formatting the partition is around 125MB or so that I can see. Not knowing Linux well, after the card is in use on the PI, is there something else I should be doing to expand a partition. All the Windows based install guides have you format and then write the image, but that's it. Thanks

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #41

krade wrote:
ELBOW2HEAD wrote:

My SD Card is 16GB but what is a simple and correct way to expand its storage? I do notice (I use Windows) that after formatting the partition is around 125MB or so that I can see. Not knowing Linux well, after the card is in use on the PI, is there something else I should be doing to expand a partition. All the Windows based install guides have you format and then write the image, but that's it. Thanks

They partition the card as needed when you install the image. There's nothing you should need to do to expand storage? I have an 8gb card I use and never have any space issues. I'm OC'd and am just manually updating it myself because it seems this addon doesn't do something correctly when it attempts to update.

It screws the update each time, but if I manually move the files needed to the Update folder on the RPi it works fine after a reboot. Not sure what causes it to not work with the users addon

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #42

• krade
I have been running into issues as well but I have not gone back to the add-on to test recently. I had an issue while decompressing (mentioned earlier in this thread) plus I was also getting checksum mismatch issues on boot-up.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by krade.

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #43

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
joshmoulton wrote:
It screws the update each time, but if I manually move the files needed to the Update folder on the RPi it works fine after a reboot.
I'll see if I can reproduce this on my Pi, I haven't updated it for a while. I've been updating my Revo with the addon though, and never had a problem during the update.
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #44

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
krade wrote:
I had an issue while decompressing (mentioned earlier in this thread)
Did you ever reproduce the error during decompression? If so I'd like to have a look at the log. I wrote up some instructions here.
krade wrote:
plus I was also getting checksum mismatch issues on boot-up.
That's strange, I'll add a check for correctness of the .md5 files, just for sanity.

Is it possible that you didn't reboot immediately and then later manually copied a file? It's the only explanation I can think of as to why the md5 sums would be wrong.
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Re: Addon to Install Development Builds 4 years 11 months ago #45

• krade
I will go back and test for you after your update. I have been somewhat picky about my images. When I run into errors, I go back an re-image my sd card. Probably don't need to do this all the time. The checksum mismatch occurs for me on boot up, and then my update does not take. Thanks for staying with this. I realize you are trying to develop for multiple platforms and testing can be difficult.