NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BDISO stutters badly via BD Menus. Please Assist

BDISO stutters badly via BD Menus. Please Assist 1 year 2 weeks ago #1

• sam9s
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All

This is my first post in this forums, so please bear with me. I am facing a peculiar problem (well atleast its for me). I have a C2D Intel CPU with 8GB RAM and a GT440 GPU. Up untill now all the ripped mkvs as high as 10-15 GB have played nicely with proper HD Audio passthrough. Recently I purchased a surround sound demo disk and ripped it in 1:1 ISO copy. When I load that in openELEC via right click menu and play. I get show Bluray menu, clicking upon which I get a very nice decent BD menu (which I was very happy and surprised to have). BUT when I played couple of traks from the menu, they stutter, stutter like anything, so much so that almost unplayable. Couple of other tracks started jerky, but after couple of minutes played smoothly, but none of the track was smooth right from the beginning. Initially, I thought it was my GPU not been able to handle (which I highly doubted, given GT440's HTPC performance), hardware acceleration was AUDO, so I replaced GT440 with GTX660 which I had in my other system, and to my surprise nothing changed. Same result.

So what I did was, instead loading BD menus, I went in side the file/folder structure, in the STREAM folder and manually played the m2ts file of the same stuttering movie. To my relief, it played flawlessly and even on my GT440.

It looks like openELEC does not support BD menus as present, I mean they do appear, but playback vie BD menu is pathetic, unplayable.
So my question is, ....is it same with everyone, is there is solution. I tried another BD ISO DEMO disk and result is mix, some titles play ok after the initial stutter, some keep stuttering ... BUT if I play the m2ts file directly, every single file plays as smooth as possible.

Please advice .......

PS: My openELEC version ::: Version 6.0.1 (Kernal 4.1.16)
Kodi 15.2 GIT:02E7013
Skin: AEON MQ 6
The administrator has disabled public write access.