NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #1

• sraue
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 650

The OpenELEC 7.0 Beta 1 (internal version 6.95.1) release has been published. Users running older OpenELEC releases will need to manually update to this Beta. If you would like to update from an older OpenELEC release please read update instructions/advice on the Wiki before updating. Manual update files can be obtained from the downloads page.

OpenELEC 7.0 Beta 1 is a feature release. The main changes are:

• Platform changes:
    • New Platform WeTek Core supported with a own Build
      WeTek Core is the best Android TV box you can have to watch IPTV, Movies and TV Shows while you relax on your sofa.
      With an AMLogic S812-H, 2GHz Quad-core processor, 4K Support and 8-bit H265, this box will give you all entertainment you are looking for.
    • Merged Nvidia_Legacy build to Generic build.
      Users who used the Nvidia_Legacy build now have to use our Generic build.
  • Core OS updates and changes (old version in brackets):
    • ALSA updated to 1.1.0 (1.0.29)
    • Binutils updated to 2.26 (2.25)
    • GCC updated to 5.3 (4.9)
    • glibc updated to 2.23 (2.22)
    • Python updated to 2.7.11 (2.7.3)
    • LLVM updated to 2.8 (2.6)
    • Linux kernel updated to 4.4 (4.1)
    • Mesa updated to 11.2rc (11.0)
    • ffmpeg updated to 2.8 (2.6)
    • libva updated to 1.7 (1.6)
    • connman updated to 1.31 (1.23)
    • libnfs updated to 1.10 (1.9)
    • libressl updated to 2.2 (2.1)
    • systemd updated to 229 (219)
    • xorg-server updated to 1.18 (1.17)
  • Driver and firmware updates and changes:
    • updated WLAN drivers and firmware
    • added new AMDGPU driver for new AMD Graphic cards
    • updated Intel Graphic driver
    • merged Nvidia with Nvidia legacy driver to support old and new Graphic cards with one build.
  • Kodi updates and changes (old version in brackets)
    • Kodi updated to 16.1rc (15)
  • New features
    • Bluetooth Audio support (see below)
    • OpenVPN reincluded

Enable and use Bluetooth Audio support

• Enable Bluetooth support via OpenELECs settings addon
  • connect your Bluetooth Audio hardware via OpenELEC settings addon
  • change your Audio device to PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)
  • disable passthrough in Kodis Audio settings

Kodi 16 support

OpenELEC 7.0 release contain a Kodi major version bump. If you are updating from OpenELEC 6.0 or earlier we strongly recommend you perform a full backup before performing a manual update. If you experience issues please perform a soft-reset to clear OpenELEC and Kodi settings.

If you want to support us, you can buy your own RaspberryPi-2 at ThePiHut by using this link.
ThePiHut Logo

banner openelec

WeTek OpenELEC Box - LIMITED EDITION
Designed from the inside to the outside

Thinking about all OpenELEC community, we have been working with our sponsor partner WeTek on a TV box dedicated to Kodi. Let us present you the WeTek OpenELEC model, a special edition, with pre-installed OpenELEC that combines DVB and multimedia contents.

Receiving IPTV channels is good, but broadcasting DVB channels with only one box, is great. WeTek OpenELEC is available with 3 different tuners, depending on your location and signal type (satellite, cable, terrestrial) you may opt for different tuners (DVB-S2, DVB-C/T/T2 and ATSC).

You may use a HDMI or an AV cable to connect the box, this guarantee that it can be used not only with modern TV but also with older one. This is the easiest way to enjoy Kodi environment on your TV.

This new device is already available on our website and includes 24 months guarantee and free express delivery. This is a limited edition reserved for OpenELEC fans, so access our OpenELEC webshop and don't wait to get your own.

Help Supporting OpenELEC

If you would like to contribute to the OpenELEC project, there are lots of ways you can help. We are always looking for people to help with documentation, testing and reporting bugs. If you enjoy using OpenELEC and would like to make a donation to support the project, you can do this using PayPal. Donating is easy and takes only a few minutes, and you do not need a PayPal account to make a donation. We can also accept donations by other means (bitcoin, flattr, etc…). You can find out more about donating here.

Flattr this

Bitcoin Address:
157WZSD1bDyJNWVQrKqaf5oF343q9Dscuf

Note: You do not need a PayPal account to make a PayPal donation.

How To Upgrade To OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 (6.95.1) Release

If you are going to update from one of our older releases, we STRONGLY advise that you make a backup of your XBMC data and do a manual update. You can use our OpenELEC Settings addon if you are using OpenELEC-3.2 or later to backup your data. For more details, please visit http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Updating_OpenELEC.

OpenELEC.tv is hosted and sponsored by

Testing and Reporting

There has been many months of development and testing in the run-up to this releases, but like any major update there are a lot of changes. Unfortunately, we are unable to test every scenario on all hardware, so it’s possible you might pick up on an issue we may have missed (this is why we do beta tests). We would like anyone brave enough to test this release and report issues that they find either with OpenELEC or Kodi.

Thank You!

We would like to thank our users, team members and partners for testing, reporting and fixing issues, creating how-to documents, developing new features, and their donations of hardware and funds to the project. We appreciate your continued support, without it we would not be able to continue.

Questions & Feedback

If you have any questions about OpenELEC, sponsoring the project, or think you might be able to offer another service that will be useful to us, then please drop me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. There is always someone that is able to answer your questions in the #openelec irc on freenode.

You can find the new release of OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 (6.95.1) on the downloads page

Read article...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: escalade, Sym, JimmySmith, gaelic, mentat, Mario S.

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #2

• sraue
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 650
happy testing !!! :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ipaddle, mentat

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #3

• gaelic
  • Fresh Boarder
Whooo. Finally :laugh:

edit: switch to confluence before the upgrade. In my Case with ReFocus was not working.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by gaelic. Reason: Theme hint

Re:[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #4

Bluetooth audio! Next up LAN audio so we can stream audio over LAN to the Mobile remote apps and plug our headphones in the phone and get audio from TV. Like Nvidia shield remotes

Re:[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #5

• forkless
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Oh yeah!!!

Sent using Tapatalk

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #6

• dnLL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
So from what I understand this new update of Kodi is supposed to bring back some sort of basic AirPlay support with iOS 9 (like audio only), is that right? I will be happy if that's the case.

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #7

• Sjonnie
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I am on 6.99.1 MattDevo. Can I upgrade or replace it for this version?

TIA
Foxconn nt-A3500 - 4GB - 16GB SD Card -Running OpenELEC - Latest build
Synology DS115 - 6TB
Synology DS211 - 3+4 TB - No RAID
Tranquil SQA-5H - 8TB running Ubuntu Server LTS with WebMin
Philips 50PFK5300
Bose Cinemate Soundsystem
Proud sponsor of OpenELEC, MediaElch and FileBot

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #8

• Rubi
  • Fresh Boarder
Bluetooth Audio doesn't work on RasPi1.

I followed your instructions and bluetooth connects successfully to my Philips soundbar but it gets disconnected after an unsuccessfull playback of some music file (or even after switching to Pulse audio device?).
The hardware setup should work as I have successfully played music via Rasbian and Kodi14.2 using an Alsa bluetooth device.

Attached the logfiles.

Thanks for your work.
Andreas
Attachments:

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #9

• Roi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Dive now, work later!
Wohoo, great! Just upgraded.

VDR VNSI Client addon made problems after the first boot with the new version, where many addons were updated. I saw errors in the frontend and this in the log:
ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'VDR VNSI Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '4.1.0', add-on API version '1.9.6'

I rebooted and see the current version installed and activated, no errors anymore in the log but no "TV" option in the frontend. I tried to stop and start the addon, now the frontend is frozen (but the box still works, I'm connected via SSH) and still is updating the movie database. No idea how long I gonna wait until I reboot via SSH. A couple of minutes I guess.
running OpenELEC on a Biostar N3050NH (Intel Celeron N3050 Dual-core 1.6GHz/2.16GHz) with 4GB Crucial DDR3-1600 SO-DIMM CL11 Single via HDMI on a 24" TFT screen

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #10

• Roi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Dive now, work later!
Ok, rebooted the box. Activated the VDR VNSI Client addon again and briefly saw that it got the channels from the VDR. Also I see in the log that it connected to the VDR successfully.

But I do not see the "TV" option in the frontend. Hm...? I thought it automaticly gets added as soon as the addon is activated and/or when it got connected to the VDR?
running OpenELEC on a Biostar N3050NH (Intel Celeron N3050 Dual-core 1.6GHz/2.16GHz) with 4GB Crucial DDR3-1600 SO-DIMM CL11 Single via HDMI on a 24" TFT screen

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #11

• Roi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Dive now, work later!
Now "TV" suddenly appeared. After about 10 minutes of waiting time. Interesting. ;-)

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #12

• soyxan
  • Junior Boarder
I have updated my 6.0.3 RPi2 and now it keeps rebooting on the splash screen (at least I see the new Kodi 16 logo).

You can find the crashlog here:
pastebin.com/45Xu9iZ9

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #13

• Jonsky
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
dnLL wrote:
So from what I understand this new update of Kodi is supposed to bring back some sort of basic AirPlay support with iOS 9 (like audio only), is that right? I will be happy if that's the case.

+1 for that. Has anyone tested if AirPlay Audio is back in this version?

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #14

• Mario S.
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for this great piece of software !! :cheer: ;) Works without problems :D
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Mario S..

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 released 1 year 6 months ago #15

• soyxan
  • Junior Boarder
soyxan wrote:
I have updated my 6.0.3 RPi2 and now it keeps rebooting on the splash screen (at least I see the new Kodi 16 logo).

You can find the crashlog here:
pastebin.com/45Xu9iZ9

Now is working.

The problem was that I was using Xperience1080 skin and I had to edit the "guisettings.xml" file in order to change the skin to Confluence. After the reboot Xperience1080 skin got updated, I was able to change to Xperience1080 and it worked but after a reboot it keeps again rebooting at the slpash screen.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by soyxan.