NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 6 days ago #61

• yoyoma2
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
sraue wrote:
you are using a own samba.conf in /storage/.config? the default one has this implementions
Two years ago, when I first installed openelec 5.0, I modified the "workgroup = WORKGROUP" line in samba.conf to my actual workgroup. Ever since I've been upgrading all openelec releases all the way to 8.0.0. There also is a samba.conf.sample file which is the same as 5.0.

It appears openelec has not been upgrading samba.conf or samba.conf.sample ever since 5.0 if samba.conf has been modified. At the very least the openelec upgrade process should provide an up to date samba.conf.sample.

Getting smb.conf for openelec 8.0 from github and remodifying the workgroup worked.
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 6 days ago #62

• johnolofs
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey, i have a problem that i cant find. I have raspberry pi 2 and installed a fresh copy of openelec 8. I can not fint my hdd and cannot find my wifi either anymore, i can use tcp connection to get online but i get failed to install from zip file when i am downloading addons?

I did use ecther when i created an image of openelec 8

What is wrong or what am i doin wrong?
Thac in behalf.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 6 days ago #63

• sraue
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 650
julian924s wrote:
RPi 3 manual update from 7.0.1 to 8 and get the black scrren. Kodi log shows:

cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
22:33:52.679 T:1947406352 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/

22:33:52.816 T:1947406352 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
22:33:52.840 T:1947406352 ERROR: SQL: [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

for you too, read an try openelec.tv/forum/120-news-announcements/83339-stable-openelec-8-0-released?start=45#168582

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 6 days ago #64

• sraue
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 650
yoyoma2 wrote:
sraue wrote:
you are using a own samba.conf in /storage/.config? the default one has this implementions
Two years ago, when I first installed openelec 5.0, I modified the "workgroup = WORKGROUP" line in samba.conf to my actual workgroup. Ever since I've been upgrading all openelec releases all the way to 8.0.0. There also is a samba.conf.sample file which is the same as 5.0.

It appears openelec has not been upgrading samba.conf or samba.conf.sample ever since 5.0 if samba.conf has been modified. At the very least the openelec upgrade process should provide an up to date samba.conf.sample.

Getting smb.conf for openelec 8.0 from github and remodifying the workgroup worked.

we dont overwrite the user configs, also not the samples... the default samba .config you find in /etc/samba/smb.conf

there are reasons we *dont recommend* an update from earlyer versions (and dont autoupdate between major versions)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yoyoma2

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 6 days ago #65

• yoyoma2
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Perhaps the /etc/samba/smb.conf could use the smb.conf "include" directive to include the user configurable options such as workgroup and shares from an actual user config file. Another way would be for openelec to set a system wide environment variable such as "SAMBA_WORKGROUP" and have smb.conf use %$(SAMBA_WORKGROUP) so that way users can set their workgroup without taking ownership of a highly technical system file like smb.conf.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 6 days ago #66

• tribunal88
  • Fresh Boarder
I'd like to report 2 rather large bugs after upgrading from 7.0.1 to 8.0.0

1) Blu Ray audio is muffled, and my receiver doesn't register it as multi-channel. I have it set at 7.1, and even reduced it to 5.1 to see if that made a difference. My guess is its not decoding the DTS-MA and Dolby-HD streams to PCM as it had been previously. Audio is going through HDMI.

2) For movies from a 3D blu ray source (MKV w/MVC), I can't skip forward/back or switch chapters. Doing so shows the first frame following the skip, but then the video is paused (buffer stays at 0, if it shows up at all). I can then stop, and when I resume it will play correctly from the point at which it stopped (i.e. where it skipped to). Also when it starts to play the 3D movie, it brings up the main Kodi menu in the background and I have to exit out of it.

I don't have an extra SD card right now, but when I do, I'd be happy to troubleshoot these issues if given direction.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 6 days ago #67

• vanbeer
  • Fresh Boarder
johnolofs wrote:
Hey, i have a problem that i cant find. I have raspberry pi 2 and installed a fresh copy of openelec 8. I can not fint my hdd and cannot find my wifi either anymore, i can use tcp connection to get online but i get failed to install from zip file when i am downloading addons?

I did use ecther when i created an image of openelec 8

What is wrong or what am i doin wrong?
Thac in behalf.

I have exactly the same problems on the raspberry pi 2b. Guess I'm not alone :cheer:

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 6 days ago #68

• pan
  • Fresh Boarder
rpi3 with hifiberry-digi-pro, fresh install (8.0.0) and no sound. hifiberry not detected at all.
in dmesg I found:
[ 1.503867] ALSA device list:
[ 1.503870] No soundcards found.
[ 4.598548] snd-hifiberry-digi soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm8804-spdif not registered - will retry
[ 4.629168] snd-hifiberry-digi soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm8804-spdif not registered - will retry

Does it work for someone at all? How should I configure it?

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 6 days ago #69

• Ljubax
  • Fresh Boarder
hello again.
I tested litle my rpi its ok for know
one problem detected is that dont recognized usb flash stick.
please check logs
Attachments:

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 5 days ago #70

• kutty
  • Junior Boarder
HI, is there a version of OpenElec 8.0 for Amlogic to rum on Matricom MX2? I am currently running OpenElec 7.0 by Nemesis. Please advise where I can download it so that I can get Kodi 17 Krypton. Many many thanks in advance.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 5 days ago #71

• Luke187
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a build for the apple tv 1 I did not see it in the download section?

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 5 days ago #72

• argumon
  • Fresh Boarder
Yepp, same problem here on rpi2b. Can ssh into and mount my usb drives without problems, but no auto mount.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 5 days ago #73

• leek
  • Fresh Boarder
I wish i could still use the 7.01 version. That actually functioned properly.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 5 days ago #74

• mbeerli
  • Fresh Boarder
RPi V2: I upgraded manually from V7 to V8 copying the tar file in the update folder.
Upgrade went fine, add-ons are working but when I connect my external USB HD it is not being automounted any longer.
I am not sure how to mount the drive

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0 released 7 months 5 days ago #75

• Darkedge
  • Fresh Boarder
Tried an upgrade to 8.0 from 7.0.1 after taking a backup and no luck, wouldn't boot.

Reinstalled from scratch and discovered would not restore backup as no space. Think the stable 8.0.0 build for rpi 2 has a few issues, the main cause of some of the problems I've seen here is the storage partition is TINY, its about 26mb in my img based install currently. So the IMG build is not auto resizing the storage partition like it used to. With no storage free addons crash or can't be installed and various other issues appear to occur.

I've tried resizing the storage via ssh commands but connmand is holding onto the /storage partition as that is where it stores it's cache for the network connection so if you terminate that the connection goes (obviously..). The old Resize script is no longer in the build so you can't use that, so basically if you want to add anything to your install you have to drop back to 7.0.1. I have no linux build currently at home so I can't resize the storage ext4 partition that way and can't find a windows prog that will allow me to do this.

As there are several problems with the 8.0.0 will there be an update soon or is there a resize script someone can point me to to resolve this?