NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released

V8.0.1 install hangs 5 months 1 day ago #31

  • yubby
  • yubby's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 21
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 1 day ago #32

  • sraue
  • sraue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Developer
  • Posts: 2094
  • Thank you received: 650
  • Karma: 131
Aucamp wrote:
The files named original are as it were before the upgrade. The storage-Mede8er.mount is what I changed it to now to see if I can get it to work. Both versions work when I downgrade.

File Attachment:

File Name: storage-Mede8er.zip
File Size:1 KB


Thank you for the assistance.

will check this, thanks for the report. can you make a new thread about this issue, so the messages will not be mixed with the other topics
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 1 day ago #33

  • fedajkin
  • fedajkin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
I've spent two days trying to make this working on my Raspberry Pi3 with 16GB SD card - always finished with the same issue = can't install/update addon. Finally I tried the legacy version 7.0.1 and that was working immediately. Just by comparing the SD card partitions, it seems to me that the newest version has an issue with expanding the initial partition therefore it has disk space issues afterwards ... at least on my Pi.
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 1 day ago #34

  • sraue
  • sraue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Developer
  • Posts: 2094
  • Thank you received: 650
  • Karma: 131
fedajkin wrote:
I've spent two days trying to make this working on my Raspberry Pi3 with 16GB SD card - always finished with the same issue = can't install/update addon. Finally I tried the legacy version 7.0.1 and that was working immediately. Just by comparing the SD card partitions, it seems to me that the newest version has an issue with expanding the initial partition therefore it has disk space issues afterwards ... at least on my Pi.

on 8.0.1 ? can you post the logfile from logfiles share?
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 1 day ago #35

  • blueribb
  • blueribb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 21
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
yoyoma2 wrote:
In case anyone has samba issues in 8.0.1, make sure you are aware of the change from samba.conf to samba4.conf as sraue explained here.

I am aware of this but no one has taken the time to fully explain what to do to correct it. Not everyone here is technically proficient in editing or coding. I'm a Windows user and only use OE for Kodi. Manually upgrading from 7.01 to 8.0 caused the loss of my SMB (Samba) shares and also caused my system to freeze at one point.

Intel i5 NUC (currently running OE 7.0.1)
60GB mSATA drive
gigabit wired network
Windows 10 desktop media server
Last Edit: 5 months 1 day ago by blueribb.
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 1 day ago #36

  • Aucamp
  • Aucamp's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: 0
sraue wrote:
Aucamp wrote:
The files named original are as it were before the upgrade. The storage-Mede8er.mount is what I changed it to now to see if I can get it to work. Both versions work when I downgrade.

File Attachment:

File Name: storage-Mede8er.zip
File Size:1 KB


Thank you for the assistance.

will check this, thanks for the report. can you make a new thread about this issue, so the messages will not be mixed with the other topics

New topic created, hope it is under the correct topic. openelec.tv/forum/76-network-filesystems/83505-system-maped-drives-not-working-in-8-0-0-8-0-1

Thank you very much.
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 1 day ago #37

  • blueribb
  • blueribb's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 21
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
I installed OE 8.0.1 and LE 8.0.1 on 2 flash drives. I ran them both in Live mode - connected to an Intel NUC. LibreELEC worked and connected to my SMB (Samba) network shares. OpenELEC failed to connect to my SMB (Samba) shares and then froze my NUC. I had to press the power button to shut it off.

I would like to stay with OE but can't recommend OE 8.0.1 to anyone unless it runs on my setup.
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 1 day ago #38

  • Ottanta
  • Ottanta's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
Hello.

First of all, thank you for your hard work.

I installed a fresh copy of OE 8.0.1 for my Raspberry Pi2, but USB drives don't automount. What can I do? Where do I found a log to send?

Thank you.
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 1 day ago #39

  • scull
  • scull's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
Ottanta wrote:
Hello.

First of all, thank you for your hard work.
I installed a fresh copy of OE 8.0.1 for my Raspberry Pi2, but USB drives don't automount. What can I do? Where do I found a log to send?
Thank you.

I was very satisfied with older version of OE, but nevertheless I upgraded my Raspberry Pi2 from OE 7.0.1. to OE 8.0.1 on and I have same problem. My exfat Kingston Hyperx 256 gb USB flash drive wont mount or automount at all? Do you have solution for this, it seams that is very common problem?
Thanks!
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 1 day ago #40

  • elguavas
  • elguavas's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
hi, i have a cubox and after 8.01 upgrade i still have constantly flashing led after boot. thanks.
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 20 hours ago #41

  • Wuerzel
  • Wuerzel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
elguavas wrote:
hi, i have a cubox and after 8.01 upgrade i still have constantly flashing led after boot. thanks.
I've had the same issue after the upgrade to 8.0.0. The problem remained unchanged even after the upgrade from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1.

I've done a fresh install and the problem is gone...

Cheers.
W.
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 15 hours ago #42

  • sraue
  • sraue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Developer
  • Posts: 2094
  • Thank you received: 650
  • Karma: 131
scull wrote:
Ottanta wrote:
Hello.

First of all, thank you for your hard work.
I installed a fresh copy of OE 8.0.1 for my Raspberry Pi2, but USB drives don't automount. What can I do? Where do I found a log to send?
Thank you.

I was very satisfied with older version of OE, but nevertheless I upgraded my Raspberry Pi2 from OE 7.0.1. to OE 8.0.1 on and I have same problem. My exfat Kingston Hyperx 256 gb USB flash drive wont mount or automount at all? Do you have solution for this, it seams that is very common problem?
Thanks!

please post your log from logfiles samba share
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 15 hours ago #43

  • sraue
  • sraue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Developer
  • Posts: 2094
  • Thank you received: 650
  • Karma: 131
Ottanta wrote:
Hello.

First of all, thank you for your hard work.

I installed a fresh copy of OE 8.0.1 for my Raspberry Pi2, but USB drives don't automount. What can I do? Where do I found a log to send?

Thank you.

in the "logfiles" samba share
The topic has been locked.

OE 8 + Kodi 17 + Emulationstation - RPi2/Generic 5 months 10 hours ago #44

Since upgrading to 8.0.1 I am having a problems with my RPI2 and the 150Mbit Edimax Mini Wlan USB Stick, OpenElec doesn't show any wireless connections (Wifi is active in the options). It looks like Edimax isn't recognized by system anymore... Also when i switch skins to confluence OpenElec tab is now missing too.

:(
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 5 months 7 hours ago #45

  • scull
  • scull's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
I hope this is the right log.
Thanks!
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.