NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 4 weeks ago #46

• Ottanta
  • Fresh Boarder
Here is the log, thank you very much.

File Attachment:

File Name: log-2017-0...9.24.zip
File Size:32 KB
The topic has been locked.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 4 weeks ago #47

• elguavas
  • Fresh Boarder
Wuerzel wrote:
elguavas wrote:
hi, i have a cubox and after 8.01 upgrade i still have constantly flashing led after boot. thanks.
I've had the same issue after the upgrade to 8.0.0. The problem remained unchanged even after the upgrade from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1.

I've done a fresh install and the problem is gone...

Cheers.
W.

thanks for the reply. ;) i'd really like to resolve it without losing all my database contents with a fresh install though.

everything else is working fine since the 8.0.1 update (automount fix thanks!), but how can i resolve this annoying flashing led problem on 8.0.1 without a full reinstall? anyone got any suggestions? how was this actually fixed in the 8.0.1 update?

cheers,
e.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 4 weeks ago #48

• scull
  • Fresh Boarder
scull wrote:
I hope this is the right log.
Thanks!

Is there any chance that clean 8.01 installation will resolve my USB flash drive mount problem? As much I hate to go through all setting process again, I will do so if it will solve the problem.
Thanks!

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 4 weeks ago #49

• yoyoma2
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
blueribb wrote:
[Manually upgrading from 7.01 to 8.0 caused the loss of my SMB (Samba) shares and also caused my system to freeze at one point...
Have you upgraded to 8.0.1? The transition to samba4.conf in 8.0.1 should ignore the old incompatible samba.conf and return openelec's samba shares to their default working order. If you want to customize samba (change workgroup or add shares) then you need to copy the (new to 8.0.1) file samba4.conf.sample to samba4.conf and edit it with your changes.

If you are stuck with 8.0.0 and don't know how to upgrade without the "Update" share being accessible. Install "putty" on Windows. With putty, ssh login to your openelec system with username "root" and with password "openelec" (without quotes). At the prompt issue this command:
mv /storage/.config/samba.conf /storage/.config/samba3.c
onf
Now reboot with the kodi menu or issue the "reboot" command at the prompt.

After rebooting, your openelec 8.0.0 samba shares should be back to their defaults since the old incompatible samba.conf is gone (saved as samba3.conf). Now update to 8.0.1 as usual using the now working "Update" samba share.
Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by yoyoma2.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 4 weeks ago #50

• Spekdrum
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I updated from OpenElec 6.0.3 (I think) to 8.1 (cubox-i pro) and several movies that previosly were OK now are freezing (while sound is ok) at the same point every time. These movies are 720p while others at 1080p are playing well. I'm playing over network (NFS) like with openelec 6.x and I thing this problem is not related with network but with playback.
I did a tail -f on kodi.log while playing these movies and when the freeze happens it writes several times the same line:
WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer

I tried a fresh install and the problem is still there. It happend on many videos that I could play without problems before, with same network configuration. The wierd thing is that those freezes are not random, they happens at the same point every time. CPU is not going specially high on those freezes.

Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT1: I tried with a fresh openelec 7.0.1 install and it works, no freezes. It seems a problem with 8.0.1 on certain videos on playback.
EDIT2: Tried Libreelec 8 and problem is there again. Its mostly Kodi 17 the problem. Cubox-i 4pro playback is broken in Kodi 17. Look here: www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/5tov7r/updated_to_krypton_videos_freeze_disablin/?st=j1t13yu7&sh=5ec9d145
Thanks!!
Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by Spekdrum.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 4 weeks ago #51

• liveatul
  • Fresh Boarder
Upgrade from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1 but still automount doesn't work so I manually create autostart.sh now it automount but still not auto share on the network and smbd restart not working. It only works from the setting interface to re-enable drive sharing. I need a solution so it can automount and auto share on the network.

Pl. tell me how I can re-enable drive sharing from ssh for time being.

My drive file system is extented fat.

I am looking for permanent solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by liveatul.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 4 weeks ago #52

• sraue
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 650
OpenELEC 8.0.2 released openelec.tv/news/22-releases/186-stable-openelec-8-0-2-released . Users with non working (PVR) addons, mount issues with NTFS and exFAT drives and Installer issues should benefit from the fixes there. All other users should update as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shedrock, vanbeer

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 4 weeks ago #53

• vanbeer
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for releasing 8.0.2. Can confirm that i haven't experienced any bugs yet on my RPI 2b. When you have time, could you add openvpn and rtorrent to the unofficial rep? Those are the only things i'm missing to have my system fully up and running. thnx

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 4 weeks ago #54

• sraue
  • Developer
vanbeer wrote:
Thanks for releasing 8.0.2. Can confirm that i haven't experienced any bugs yet on my RPI 2b. When you have time, could you add openvpn and rtorrent to the unofficial rep? Those are the only things i'm missing to have my system fully up and running. thnx

OpenVPN should be installed by default, please test. the other i will try to add the next days

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 3 weeks ago #55

• vanbeer
  • Fresh Boarder
Looked in all the repos, but cant find it anywhere.

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 3 weeks ago #56

• sraue
  • Developer
vanbeer wrote:
Looked in all the repos, but cant find it anywhere.

openvpn? is not a addon anymore, if you need the real openvpn client, not any 3rdparty addon to use openvpn

[Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 released 6 months 3 weeks ago #57

• vanbeer
  • Fresh Boarder
Thnx for the help. its working again!