NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot

Re:AW: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 3 years 9 months ago #286

• apeg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Loom wrote:
Does anyone know why LIRC in Gotham works with the addon but not if you put the same code in autostart.sh only?

I'm sure someone closer to Gotham development can provide a better answer, but keep in mind Gotham is a big change to the XBMC system and is still under development. Also Raspberry Pi's are just one of the many hardware platforms and GPIO Lirc users are an even smaller subset of that.

I have a feeling once Gotham reaches RC there will be a baked in Lirc solution if there is enough activity to justify it.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by apeg.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:AW: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 3 years 8 months ago #287

• Loom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I finally got my GPIO TSOP receiver working in Gotham (Milhouse Builds) without the Add-On by using the following code in autostart.sh

#!/bin/sh
(kill -9 $(pidof lircd); \
modprobe lirc_rpi; \ #for new libgpio version
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --uinput --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0.pid /storage/.config/lircd.conf; \
)&
killall eventlircd

EDIT:

Not really working. Some codes are working, like left /right, but most of the keyes don't have any functions anymore. Back to the drawing board I guess ...
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Loom.

Re:AW: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 3 years 8 months ago #288

Thanks for this , lost my IR control completely in Gotham , this restores full functionality.

Edit : actually I only get left and right when I add the commands to the autostart.sh , pasting them into a shell you get full control . Weird - it's nearly there tho
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by funnyitworkedlasttime.

Re:AW: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 3 years 8 months ago #289

• Loom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I was at this point before.

By pasting the commands into the shell all is good, but for some reason it doesn't work in autostart.sh.

I've given up on this and using the add-on, which basically does the same automatically.

Re:AW: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 3 years 8 months ago #290

Thanks for the heads up, found your code with a google search and didn't read all the previous posts , so now I've got the addon link as well.

Re:AW: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 3 years 8 months ago #291

• sraue
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 650
the RPI GPIO receiver should work in beta2 (3.95.2) after releasing again, see
github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/commit/5ce57469d8b847b0ef5521920c93f311e186b503
github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/commit/a5e60d609e5752a2c5462039bcd77cced5dadf9e
please revert/remove any hacks around this issue after updating to beta2
The following user(s) said Thank You: hugepants, funnyitworkedlasttime, Lundsgaard

Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 3 years 8 months ago #292

• bobinc
  • Fresh Boarder
Just want to add to this I have been trying for weeks to get a Xbox 360 remote (black newer version) to work with OpenELEC XBMC and the suppress repeats trick that everything points to was not working. Eventually what I found/tried stopped it. I changed the flags in the lircd.conf file from CONST_LENGTH to NO_FOOT_REP So far as I can tell it has fixed my issue but as for any further use repercussions I have not come across any yet. My setup is with a custom wired IR receiver on the raspberry pi.

Re:AW: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 3 years 8 months ago #293

• hugepants
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 62
The addon works in 3.95.1 but it is not ideal for the following reasons:

1) There is a delay at startup when the GUI shows before the remote starts working. With older versions of OE, the remote started working immediately.

2) When XBMC crashes and OE auto-restarts XBMC, the addon appears to restart but fails so the remote stops working and requires a full reboot to work again.

sraue wrote:
the RPI GPIO receiver should work in beta2 (3.95.2) after releasing again

Thank you sraue, having this integrated and working out-of-the-box is an absolutely essential feature for the Raspberry Pi as GPIO frees up both USB ports and is a much cleaner solution.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by hugepants.

Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 3 years 8 months ago #294

• hugepants
  • Senior Boarder
bobinc wrote:
Just want to add to this I have been trying for weeks to get a Xbox 360 remote (black newer version) to work with OpenELEC XBMC

Using GPIO?

I've been using the Xbox 360 slim black remote with OpenELEC on Pi GPIO for a year with no issues at all.
Let me know if you want my config - but avoid 3.95.1 of course :)
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by hugepants.

Re:AW: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 3 years 8 months ago #295

• hugepants
  • Senior Boarder
sraue wrote:
the RPI GPIO receiver should work in beta2 (3.95.2) after releasing again

Just tested build r17917 and I can confirm it's working as normal now, thanks again :)

Re:AW: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 1 year 6 months ago #296

• steve1977
  • Fresh Boarder
Pulling up a very old thread. I am trying to use my appleremote with a RPI2 GPIO adapter. I read on Kodi WIKI (kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry%20Pi) that it is supposed to work out of the box. Unfortunately, it does not work for me. Some more context on forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239078&page=2.

Any idea / guidance to get this working again? Thanks in advance for your help!

Re:AW: Raspberry Pi GPIO IR Receiver with OpenELEC compilation patches and snapshot 1 year 6 months ago #297

• Squiz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Don't know this specific remote, but since Openelec V5, you need to add:
dtoverlay=lirc-rpi
to file:
/flash/config.txt