NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 5 months ago #16

Thank you very much for this.Finally given up on raspbmc.Was able to install video codecs without any difficulty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 4 months ago #17

  • sNiXx
  • sNiXx's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: 0
Thanks a lot for this fantastic add-on, works like a charm!
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by sNiXx.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 4 months ago #18

  • slack3r
  • slack3r's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 24
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
Hi,

can you add "init_emmc_clock" option?

Regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 4 months ago #19

  • popcornmix
  • popcornmix's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1252
  • Thank you received: 278
  • Karma: 76
slack3r wrote:
can you add "init_emmc_clock" option?

Can you say why? It is enabled by default and if disabled makes sdcard corruption more likely.
Do you have a good reason for disabling it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 4 months ago #20

  • slack3r
  • slack3r's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 24
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
popcornmix wrote:

Do you have a good reason for disabling it?

Not for disabling, just for changing values.

Otherwise I get sdcard corruption if it does not match 'core clock' frequency.

This is my config.txt:
arm_freq=900
core_freq=400
over_voltage=2
emmc_pll_core=1 # redundant
init_emmc_clock=400000000
force_turbo=1

Take a look:

vcgencmd measure_clock emmc
frequency(47)=400000000

vcgencmd measure_clock core
frequency(1)=400000000
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by slack3r.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 4 months ago #21

  • mattman73
  • mattman73's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 80
  • Thank you received: 5
  • Karma: 0
Thanks just used you add-on.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 4 months ago #22

  • theoneofgod
  • theoneofgod's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 13
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
Hi. Just popped in to say thanks to Leopold as I'm always installing this add-on when I start a fresh. Good job.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 4 months ago #23

  • Clarkson
  • Clarkson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 15
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
I have downloaded and installed this addon, I am really liking the idea of this. However it doesn't seem to acknowledge the modifications I have already made to my config.txt file.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 3 months ago #24

  • cityblue2001
  • cityblue2001's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 402
  • Thank you received: 77
  • Karma: -186
One thing about the Raspbmc config addon that annoyed the CR*P out of me (and in fact drove me away from Raspbmc) was its insistence on overwriting config.txt with what it believed to be the correct settings whenever I dared to hand-modify config.txt.

I'd hope this addon would respect the current settings in config.txt, settings that the user might have set manually.

In fact isn't it possible that this addon doesn't need to maintain it's own settings (either in a settings.xml or database - thus avoiding the Raspbmc nonsense) but can instead just parse /flash/config.txt? Maybe this is exactly how this addon works already in which case it's a definite thumbs up from me! :)
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by cityblue2001.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 3 months ago #25

  • kreeturez
  • kreeturez's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 187
  • Thank you received: 18
  • Karma: 5
cityblue2001 wrote:
In fact isn't it possible that this addon doesn't need to maintain it's own settings (either in a settings.xml or database - thus avoiding the Raspbmc nonsense) but can instead just parse /flash/config.txt? Maybe this is exactly how this addon works already in which case it's a definite thumbs up from me! :)

Prepare your thumbs: because that's exactly how it works!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 3 years 3 months ago #26

  • cityblue2001
  • cityblue2001's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 402
  • Thank you received: 77
  • Karma: -186
kreeturez wrote:
Prepare your thumbs: because that's exactly how it works!

Nice!

Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by cityblue2001.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 11 months ago #27

  • Leopold
  • Leopold's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 331
  • Thank you received: 93
  • Karma: 32
New features in 0.17.0:
  • Added max_usb_current setting, which will only be visible on a B+. You need to turn this on if you want to power a 2.5" usb hdd
  • Added a different gpu_mem slider for boards with only 256MB ram
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Leopold.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 10 months ago #28

  • Leopold
  • Leopold's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 331
  • Thank you received: 93
  • Karma: 32
After reading this post by popcornmix I have increased the maximum value for arm_freq to 1500, and core_freq / sdram_freq to 750. This change is in 0.18.0.
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cffm

Re:Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 8 months ago #29

  • cffm
  • cffm's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: 0
Will this work out of the box for RPi 2?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 8 months ago #30

  • mentat
  • mentat's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 26
  • Thank you received: 5
  • Karma: 0
cffm wrote:
Will this work out of the box for RPi 2?

I was about to ask the same question, and found something on the kodi.tv forum here:
forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217063&pid=1915815#pid1915815

Leopold,
I would like like to thank you for your OpenELEC RPi Config Service (your's is the 1st repo I install)!
Will you be posting an update when script.openelec.rpi.config has been updated in your repo (here, or on forum.kodi.tv)?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.