NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 9 months ago #61

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Warez wrote:
Nice addon... is it possible to add avoid_pwm_pll as option?
I don't think this one would be any use since you can't set h264_freq, isp_freq, or v3d_freq with this addon? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 9 months ago #62

• Warez
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
From what i understand:

Post from Kodi forum:

Not quite. The PLL is shared, but each clock has a separate divisor. If you just set core_freq, the other gpu clocks will use the same PLL, but with a higher divisor that ensures they are not overclocked more than requested. This typically means a slight underclock.

E.g.
core_freq=250 => PLL = 2GHz => v3d_freq = 250
core_freq=500 => PLL = 2GHz => v3d_freq = 250
core_freq=400 => PLL = 2.4GHz => v3d_freq = 240
core_freq=300 => PLL = 2.4GHz => v3d_freq = 240
core_freq=301 => PLL = 1.806GHz => v3d_freq = 225 (I think this is the theoretical worst case)

However underclocking v3d/h264 to 225MHz is unlikely to be measurable as those hardware blocks are rarely stressed.

Adding avoid_pwm_pll=1 means v3d_freq=250 in all those cases. <--- so i think the GPU Freq is set to 250?
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-18 13:02 by popcornmix.)
Intel® Quad-Core Pentium® Processor J2900 (2.41 GHz)
4 Gig. DDR3L 1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leopold

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 9 months ago #63

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
OK so it sounds like it avoids a possible slight underclock with particular values of core_freq, at the expense of analogue audio quality. Since most OpenELEC users probably don't use the analogue audio anyway, it seems like a reasonable idea to use this setting.
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Leopold.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 9 months ago #64

• Warez
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Yes analogue audio quality horrible!! But maybe you can add a warning when enabled?
Intel® Quad-Core Pentium® Processor J2900 (2.41 GHz)
4 Gig. DDR3L 1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory

Re:Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 9 months ago #65

• kimme
  • Fresh Boarder
Leopold wrote:
0.19.0 is now released with support for RPi 2. Thanks to tirges and jd17 for testing it!

It works here also with an "Buffalo MediaStation 8x Portable DVD Writer with LED Power Indicator" with 1 USB port attached to the Pi2, with the option "max_usb_current=1" in /flash/config.txt set. But to get in functionally working, you need the codecs purchased and set correctly. The playing of an DVD works now silently with my Pi. :woohoo:
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by kimme.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 8 months ago #66

• djkidy123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Leopold wrote:
djkidy123 wrote:
Great sets of settings for RPi, nice work!
Thanks

djkidy123 wrote:
Is it possible to set overheating temperature just to be sure, like max to 80°C???

Will be nice little temp safety!??

Add to config.txt
temp_limit=80 (A little bit of safety)
I'll add this one as a slider, but what should the range be? The default seems to be 85. I don't think we should have the upper value higher than that in case someone increases it by mistake and voids their warranty. How about 60-85 with an increment of 5? I'll probably add it to the overclocking category as it seems to belong there.

This will be great with an increment of 5 it belong in overclocking, to set all overclocking settings in one place...

Re:Re: Re:Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 8 months ago #67

• tirges
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey Leopold, really sorry, I totally missed your post.

I recently found that if I use a very short (and apparently very good) USB-microUSB cable there are no warnings. I tried some other cables but this is the only cable that works. Hardly any loss due to the cable itself apparently....
So in a way my problem is 'fixed'

Not sure how dangerous the setting could be, if I understand it correctly the Pi will still shut itself off when the power gets below some even lower voltage-level.
In my opinion the one who uses a setting is the responsible party ;-)
But I understand your reluctance. Maybe with a big fat warning attached...

Another thought I had was maybe it would be possible to add a custom command, so you can add a line yourself. Or edit config.txt manually after the automatic process or something.

Leopold wrote:
Leopold wrote:
tirges wrote:
One more thing, could you add support for suppression of the under-voltage warning as described here: Under-voltage warnings ?
I'll look into it...
Do you have a problem with the under-voltage warnings that couldn't be fixed with a better power supply?
I'm not really keen on adding this one as I don't think its use should be encouraged or made too easy? Perhaps I would think differently if I was seeing the warnings myself!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Re:Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 8 months ago #68

• popcornmix
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 278
Leopold wrote:
Do you have a problem with the under-voltage warnings that couldn't be fixed with a better power supply?
I'm not really keen on adding this one as I don't think its use should be encouraged or made too easy? Perhaps I would think differently if I was seeing the warnings myself!
I'd prefer not to do this. This is putting black tape over the "check oil" light on the car dashboard. Not the right solution. Fix the problem, don't hide the warning light!

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 8 months ago #69

• popcornmix
  • Platinum Boarder
Leopold wrote:
I've looked into this one. I'm not sure what the range or default value should be. I've seen a post from popcornmix that said 175 is the default but another said 1000. @popcornmix if you see this can you clear up my confusion?

It was 175 (on a different scale) with Gotham.
It is 1000 now (measured as parts per million, so 0.1%).

I may decrease the default at some point (so fewer people need to adjust it).
Some users do need pretty small values (below 100), so a normal slider may not make sense (you don't really want a slider with 100 steps)
An logarithmic scale probably makes more sense. E.g. offer 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 250, 500, 1000.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leopold

Re:Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 8 months ago #70

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
popcornmix wrote:
Leopold wrote:
I'd prefer not to do this. This is putting black tape over the "check oil" light on the car dashboard. Not the right solution. Fix the problem, don't hide the warning light!
Thanks, that's basically what I was thinking. I did see the rainbow square occasionally when using a Nexus 7 2A charger but the cable was not the original one and was of poor quality. I'm now using one of these cpc.farnell.com/stontronics/t5582dv/psu-raspberry-pi-5v-2a-uk-euro/dp/SC13463 and the rainbow square has never reappeared.
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 5 months ago #71

• thosti
  • Fresh Boarder
First, many thanks to Leopold for this great addon!!!

Clarkson wrote:
I have downloaded and installed this addon, I am really liking the idea of this. However it doesn't seem to acknowledge the modifications I have already made to my config.txt file.

I have the same behaviour, for example with the "hdmi_force_hotplug" setting. If I change it manually in the config.txt the setting is not recognized by the addon, even after reboot. Does the addon not read the current values from config file?
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by thosti.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 5 months ago #72

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
thosti wrote:
First, many thanks to Leopold for this great addon!!!

Clarkson wrote:
I have downloaded and installed this addon, I am really liking the idea of this. However it doesn't seem to acknowledge the modifications I have already made to my config.txt file.

I have the same behaviour, for example with the "hdmi_force_hotplug" setting. If I change it manually in the config.txt the setting is not recognized by the addon, even after reboot. Does the addon not read the current values from config file?
I'll see if I can reproduce this behaviour. It is supposed to read from config.txt
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 4 months ago #73

• rev105
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Leopold, Can you add a setting to set overlay for gpio remote. This needs to be added to more recent builds for it to work.

dtoverlay=lirc-rpi:gpio_out_pin=17,gpio_in_pin=18

If you can thanks.

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 4 months ago #74

• Leopold
  • Expert Boarder
rev105 wrote:
Hi Leopold, Can you add a setting to set overlay for gpio remote. This needs to be added to more recent builds for it to work.

dtoverlay=lirc-rpi:gpio_out_pin=17,gpio_in_pin=18

If you can thanks.
That's doable as a boolean. What should the description be? Something like "Enable GPIO LIRC remote"?
Leopold's Repo - zip
- OpenELEC Dev Update
- OpenELEC RPi Config

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
The following user(s) said Thank You: rev105

Addon to configure Raspberry Pi config.txt 2 years 4 months ago #75

• popcornmix
  • Platinum Boarder
Leopold wrote:
That's doable as a boolean. What should the description be? Something like "Enable GPIO LIRC remote"?

That description is fine. Allowing the in and out pin numbers to be configured would be useful for some (if you have I2S audio you need to change the pins), but a fixed setting would be a useful start.