NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

WETEK Play

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RetroArch Addon (arm RPI)

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #1

• mezo
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
hey,
I wondered all the time, why there is no retroarch addon for the raspberry pi, so i decided to make one.

how to setup retroarch:
1. get the attached retroarch.zip and install it via the xbmc addon manager.
2. login via ssh and run:

how to setup advanced launcher:
install advanced launcher: github.com/Angelscry/plugin.program.advanced.launcher

1. add new launcher:

2. select the launcher application:
/storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh

3. select files path:
your rom directory: e.g. /storage/emulators/roms/

4. set file extensions:

5. application arguments:

(dont forget to replace core, with one of the following cores).

fceu for nes
pocketsnes for snes
gambatte for gameboy / gameboy color
picodrive for megadrive / genesis / sega cd / mega cd
imame4all for mame
stella for atari2600
pcsx-rearmed for psx
scummvm for scummvm

6. set the title of the launcher:

7. select the platform:
select the platform you want to add

8. select thumbnails path:
e.g. /storage/emulators/advancedlauncher/

9. select fanarts path:
e.g. /storage/emulators/advancedlauncher/

if you setup everything properly, you should now be able to run your roms out of the advanced launcher.

OpenELEC Stable - 5.0.* and newer Versions: emulator.tools.retroarch-1.0.3.zip: drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ui7VSiJnnOMkE3QXFQTnJUbzg/view?usp=sharing
RPI2@Openelec 5.0.1
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by mezo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: URBANsUNITED, Nasp, ingeon, Annihilitor, Midwell , panusha, Solo0815, soyxan, wsamh, Methanoid and this user have 4 others thankyou

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #2

• soyxan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I am testing your addon but in the step 2when running "/storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/retroarch.sh" I get the following error:
./retroarch.sh: line 12: can't create /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config/nohup.out: nonexistent directory

And "/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch" directory is not created.

Anyway, I've continued with the steps in order to configure advanced launcher but I get lost. When I run the Advanced Launcher addon it shows "Default" when I select it the addon asks to create a new launcher showing 4 options (Standalone launcher, Files launcher, Query launcher, Favourite launcher, Manage sources). I choose "Standalone launcher" What should I put when it asks me for thumbnail and fanart paths? (for the moment I've just left it empty)

Once I have Advanced launcher configured when I select the recent one created it does not do anyting.

Finally I prefer to use the /storage/emulators folder to store my roms, how to do it?

Thanks!
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by soyxan.

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #3

• mezo
  • Senior Boarder
to ur first problem:
- "chmod +x /storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/*"
- run "retroarch.start" command

now checked if "/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/" was created.

one of the points, when u add a launcher is something with game emulator ;) use this one.

if u want to use "/storage/emulators/", just run "ln -s /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/* /storage/emulators/" but before u need to creat the folder with the 2 commands above.
RPI2@Openelec 5.0.1
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by mezo.

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #4

• soyxan
  • Junior Boarder
When I run the commands I get:
RetroArch [ERROR] :: dylib_load :: dylib_load() failed: "/storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/lib/libretro/libretro-.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".
RetroArch [ERROR] :: load_symbols :: Failed to open dynamic library: "/storage/.xbmc/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/lib/libretro/libretro-.so"
RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_main_init :: Fatal error received in: "load_dynamic()"

but the "/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/" folder is created. Is that ok?

Thanks!

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #5

• mezo
  • Senior Boarder
yep, ignore the errors ;)
RPI2@Openelec 5.0.1

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #6

• soyxan
  • Junior Boarder
Ok,

I have added the launcher as "Files launcher (emulators)". When it asks about the arguments i put "core %ROM%"" right?

The point is that the roms are listed but when I choose one xbmc reboots.

Can I check any log to see what went wrong?

Thanks man, this is getting closer :)

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #7

• mezo
  • Senior Boarder
soyxan wrote:
Ok,

I have added the launcher as "Files launcher (emulators)". When it asks about the arguments i put "core %ROM%"" right?

The point is that the roms are listed but when I choose one xbmc reboots.

Can I check any log to see what went wrong?

Thanks man, this is getting closer :)

u need to replace core with the core u want to use, e.g. pocketsnes "%ROM%" for snes, fceu "%ROM%" for nes or gambatte "%ROM%" for gameboy color.
RPI2@Openelec 5.0.1

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #8

• soyxan
  • Junior Boarder
Woooow man, that works great!

Thanks a lot, now I will try to configure my PS2 controller to USB converter. Any clues on how to do that?

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #9

• mezo
  • Senior Boarder
soyxan wrote:

Thanks a lot, now I will try to configure my PS2 controller to USB converter. Any clues on how to do that?
nope i dont know. u can test to start retroarch without controller plugged in and plug it in after retroarch run. if u see a yellow text on bottom left, then the controller already works!
RPI2@Openelec 5.0.1
The following user(s) said Thank You: soyxan

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #10

• soyxan
  • Junior Boarder
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:

nope i dont know. u can test to start retroarch without controller plugged in and plug it in after retroarch run. if u see a yellow text on bottom left, then the controller already works!

Searching on internet there is a command to configure controllers for retroarch (retroarch-joyconfig) is that one available on your addon?

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #11

• mezo
  • Senior Boarder
soyxan wrote:
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:

Searching on internet there is a command to configure controllers for retroarch (retroarch-joyconfig) is that one available on your addon?
have u tried what ive said? plug controller in after retroarch was started? u can also go to settings -> input -> configure all, to check if u can bind ur keys on the ps controller.
RPI2@Openelec 5.0.1

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #12

• soyxan
  • Junior Boarder
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:

have u tried what ive said? plug controller in after retroarch was started? u can also go to settings -> input -> configure all, to check if u can bind ur keys on the ps controller.

When I plug the controller nothing happens, so I went to settings... Configure All but it seems that the controller is not detected. I know that this USB adapter works fine (blog.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/using-playstation-12-controllers-on-retropie-configs-included/ ) in fact in that web they give a retroarch.cfg file but i dont want to just copy it as it contains the configuration of the whole system (not just the controllers). What can I do? Can I get the retroarch-joyconfig file elsewhere?

Thanks again!

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #13

• mezo
  • Senior Boarder
soyxan wrote:
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:

When I plug the controller nothing happens, so I went to settings... Configure All but it seems that the controller is not detected. I know that this USB adapter works fine (blog.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/using-playstation-12-controllers-on-retropie-configs-included/ ) in fact in that web they give a retroarch.cfg file but i dont want to just copy it as it contains the configuration of the whole system (not just the controllers). What can I do? Can I get the retroarch-joyconfig file elsewhere?

Thanks again!
im looking tomorrow into this and check if i can provide u the needed file.
RPI2@Openelec 5.0.1

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #14

• soyxan
  • Junior Boarder
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:

Thanks again!

Ok. Just to inform you, the retroarch.cfg in "/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config" is overwritten each time a rom is launched so I cannot modify it to add my controller config.

Thanks for your great work!

RetroArch Addon (arm RPI) 1 year 9 months ago #15

• mezo
  • Senior Boarder
soyxan wrote:
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:
mezo wrote:
soyxan wrote:

Thanks again!

Ok. Just to inform you, the retroarch.cfg in "/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config" is overwritten each time a rom is launched so I cannot modify it to add my controller config.

Thanks for your great work!
can u creat a empty retroarch.cfg and run "retroarch.start" and check if it overwrites ur empty file? for me this doesnt happen.
retroarch write on exit, so maybe thats why ur settings get overwritten. i also configured my controller and made video changes, but nothing gets overwritten bei retroarch. maybe u need to save ur file in retroarch after launch.

this is not a problem by the addon itself i think.
RPI2@Openelec 5.0.1
Moderators: lrusak