NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cubox-i Manual installation

Cubox-i Manual installation 2 years 8 months ago #1

• sraue
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 582
Hi all,

we (OpenELEC) are happy to provide our first devel builds for Cubox-i.

Note: this builds are experimental and contains some known and not known issues.

Until we created a installer script (very soon) and/or images (soon without "very") you must install manually. For this a Linux PC will be needed:
  • Download our build
    wget http://snapshots.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-Cuboxi.arm-devel-20140123155012-r17126-gceb58b6.tar
  • Untar our build
    tar xf OpenELEC-Cuboxi.arm-devel-20140123155012-r17126-gceb58b6.tar
  • change to the untarred dir
    cd OpenELEC-Cuboxi.arm-devel-20140123155012-r17126-gceb58b6
  • download the u-boot file (the uboot which comes with OpenELEC is actually broken, so use a prebuild file from a older uboot version
    (note: this file is for Cubox-i4pro and will not work with the other models)
    wget http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/misc/u-boot_mx6_cubox-i4pro.imx
  • insert your sdcard in your sdcard reader and find out which device is used (in our example its /dev/sdc)
    Attention: you can loose all your data if you choose the wrong device, so not copy paste the following commands without checking twice!!!
  • prepare your sdcard with fdisk, you need to create 2 partitions (150MB starting at offset 2048 + rest)
    fdisk /dev/sdc
    n
    p
    +150M
    n
    p
    <return>
    <return>
    t
    b
    w
  • format partition 1 (fat)
    sudo mkfs.vfat -n System /dev/sdc1
  • format partition 2 (ext4)
    sudo mkfs.ext4 -L Storage /dev/sdc2
  • mount partition 1 to /mnt
    sudo mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt
  • copy Kernel and System to SDCard
    sudo cp target/KERNEL target/SYSTEM /mnt/
  • create bootloader config
    cat << EOF | sudo tee /mnt/uEnv.txt
    bootfile=/KERNEL
    mmcargs=setenv bootargs 'boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 debugging ssh quiet video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=16 dmfc=3'
    EOF
  • unmount /mnt
    sudo umount /mnt
  • write the bootloader
    sudo dd if=u-boot_mx6_cubox-i4pro.imx of=/dev/sdc bs=512 seek=2
  • Done!
  • Please use openelec.tv/forum/125-solidrun-cubox-i and the subforums for talk, questions and if you have issues
  • Please use only our issue tracker on github if you are sure you found a OpenELEC (only) problem or a problem with the OS byself or to create Pullrequests, otherwise please use our forum to report issues
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stenull, rapidrogo, guppy, roadkill, kreeturez, ovi, Undutchable, pEEf, Kapusta