NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Files disappear or are randomly deleted

Files disappear or are randomly deleted 4 months 3 weeks ago #1

• PBMini
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey all.

I have had this problem going on for a long time now, and have finally gotten around to posting about it.

I am currently using OpenElec 6.0.3 on an HTPC, and all my video files are stored on a WD 2TB external drive.

My problem is that every so often, I will go to watch a movie, and the file has just disappeared. Tonight my little girl tried to watch a movie that had been uploaded a few weeks ago, and now it is just gone. Nobody deleted it on purpose because nothing ever gets deleted from the drive. This problem seems to be present in every version of Openelec I have ever tried, it has been going on for a couple of years at least, and across multiple systems. Happened when I first installed it on a Raspberry pi.

Sometimes it will go months without any issue, sometimes its just one movie or 3. There have been times when whole television seasons have disappeared.

Any suggestions on what it could be?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Files disappear or are randomly deleted 4 months 3 weeks ago #2

• sraue
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 650
i would try to check the the drive or filesystem for defects... maybe look in "dmesg" output for drive failures (after this happens)?
The administrator has disabled public write access.