NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Storage device unmounts right after mounting

Storage device unmounts right after mounting 6 months 2 weeks ago #1

• tattersail
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I've happily been using Openelec for the last two years, but recently been having problems with my storage device. I first thought it was related to Openelec 8, but downgrading didn't change anything. My system is a Cubox i4 pro and the sotrage device is StarTech USB 3.0/eSATA Dual HDD Dock with a 2 Terabyte harddrive connected through E-SATA.

As it is, i see the drive mounting at startup or when I turn it on, but it immediately unmounts with a "successfully unmounted" message as if it was something I wanted to happen. What is the problem here and how do I solve it?

EDIT:
I think I've gotten it to work again but I'm not sure what solved it. I've changed to a different E-SATA cable, but I'm not sure that was the solution. An other thing I did was putting a second drive in the dock. One I have removed earlier as to lower the power drain, in case that the drive wasn't getting enough power.

It still too early tell whether the problem is truly gone, and if it isn't, I will document my findings here.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by tattersail. Reason: Updated information
The administrator has disabled public write access.