NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cannot Move Files from W10 PC to Openelec

Cannot Move Files from W10 PC to Openelec 2 months 1 week ago #1

First off, I am completely new to all of this, so bare with me. I may go into over detail.

So, previously, I had been running PLEX on a W10 machine. But it was slow, and just.. all sorts of issues, it doesn't matter. The point is, I took this machine and decided to install Openelec on it. Now, the PC had 3 drives. One for the System, one to store movie files, one to store other files.

Obviously, I installed Openelec onto the system drive, but didn't bother messing with the other two drives. At first I had issues find them in this new file format, but I eventually found them under "/media/movies" (SDB2) and "/media/TV" (SDC1) respectively. At this point everything seemed a-okay. So, my next step was to add new files onto the movie drive.

Now, I have a Windows 10 PC that I use to store media on, and then I was transferring the files over to the HTPC. This worked fine while the other PC was still also a Windows machine. Now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to transfer files. I can access and see all the files and everything on my Windows PC, but I cannot seem to move files into them.

I tried using a USB drive to transfer and I get a "Copy Failed" Error.

I downloaded WinSCP, but I get an "Error 4" error when I try it with that as well. On the WinSCP forum they said it was most likely a permissions error.

Which would be an easy fix, if I had ANY idea how to change the permissions on those two other drives.

So, does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.