NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hung on OpenElec load Screen

Hung on OpenElec load Screen 2 months 1 week ago #1

• nicnic
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I had installed Openelec and everything seemed to be working fine. However, I started having issues with the computer i had (it's an old Dell Hybrid 140G). I ran a diagnostic and it stated that the Blueray player was faulty (which it had been since I couldn't get it to work), so I removed it. Once I did remove it, Openelec was loading fine until now. The computer loads and gets to the load screen (Openelec Official 8.0.4) and it just hangs. I was able to ssh and tried a few things, nothing. I tried restarting the screen xorg.service and it failed. So I modified the xorg.config and set the ModeDebug = true. Once again, nothing. So once again i tried to reset the xorg.service and it complained and asked me to view the log file. When I run systemctl status xorg.service and I receive the following message:

Jul 09 21:10:46 HomeMediaPC xorg-launch[1484]: (EE)
Jul 09 21:10:46 HomeMediaPC xorg-launch[1484]: Fatal server error:
Jul 09 21:10:46 HomeMediaPC xorg-launch[1484]: (EE) no screens found(EE)
Jul 09 21:10:46 HomeMediaPC xorg-launch[1484]: Please consult the The X.Org Foun
dation support
Jul 09 21:10:46 HomeMediaPC xorg-launch[1484]: at wiki.x.org
Jul 09 21:10:46 HomeMediaPC xorg-launch[1484]: for help.
Jul 09 21:10:46 HomeMediaPC xorg-launch[1484]: (EE) Please also check the log fi
le at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
Jul 09 21:10:46 HomeMediaPC xorg-launch[1484]: (EE) Server terminated with error
(1). Closing log file.

To add, I then ran "lspci -nn | grep VGA".

It said I have an intel card so I used the following link to set to Intel settings wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Configuring_a_Custom_xorg.conf#tab=Intel

How is this possible when I can see the splash screen? Any guidance/insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm tempted to perform a re-install.

Thanks,

Nic
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by nicnic. Reason: more information
The administrator has disabled public write access.