I was about to log an issue but I noticed this forum post so I am going to post it here:
Computer: Raspberry Pi Model B (2011.12)
Network Adapter: Edimax AC EW-7811UTC (USB 2.0 600 AC)
Operating System: OpenELEC 3.95.6
1. On boot in the initial setup screen the device is recognized by the operating system.
2. The network scan recognized my wireless network.
3. Setup of the wireless network appears successful and reports a valid IP Address
4. After completing setup the network does not remain functional
5. OpenELEC Connections Configuration Displays "Failure" next to the network.
6. When deleting and re-configuring the network a notice appears in the bottom right hand corner (Network I/O Error)
Any testing needed I am happy to offer. Please let me know how you would like to proceed? I tried pulling logs but I don't see anything logged.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Realtek rtl8812AU chipset support in OpenELEC
2 years 5 months ago #5
Any chance to have the latest rtl8812au driver installed in the next raspberry pi2 firmware?
I have a TRENDnet TEW-805UB wifi adaptor and i experience a serious issue with it during playback of any full hd movies.
The media streaming starts fine but after about a half of a minute the playback stops and freezes the raspberry for a few minutes then finally it comes back to life but playback does not start again but it just jumps back in the folder where the movie file is.
I have taken a picture from the details of the video output i hope it helps to find out the problem.
In the second line from the top that starting with a letter P the value of the aq is 99% at the begining of the playback, then after about a half of a minute the value of aq starts to decrease and when it gets under 10% the playback stops causing the system crash.