NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need ndiswrapper package for Netgear USB net-card

Need ndiswrapper package for Netgear USB net-card 2 weeks 6 days ago #1

• ooCHUBSoo
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I wanted to use a Netgear WNA3100 USB wireless card but it looks like I will need to install ndiswrapper for it to work. I've ssh'd in and tried using connmanctl to scan for wifi adapters but get this error:

KodiTV-Dell:/ # lsusb
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0846:9020 NetGear, Inc. WNA3100(v1) Wireless-N 300 [Broadcom BCM43231]

connmanctl> scan wifi
Error /net/connman/technology/wifi: Method "Scan" with signature "" on interface "net.connman.Technology" doesn't exist

I did some research online and found that I may need to use a wrapper for this as the usb may only support MS drivers.
Unfortunately, I can not install it with apt-get on openelec. I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck getting the network card to work or if I am able to compile Openelec from source and add the package I need to the image. I've cloned the GIT repo for Openelec and I have the package in a tar.gz file but I am not sure how/where to add the file so that it is included in the image. I am happy to provide any logs or config files that may help. Any help would be greatly appreciated

--Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.