NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wetek as Tvheadend Server

Wetek as Tvheadend Server 1 year 1 month ago #1

• breiko83
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm setting up a Wetek Play running OpenElec as a PVR (TVheadend) server and a Fire Tv with Kodi and TVHeadend Client to watch live tv.
I find this an excellent configuration with much more performance in channel switching, but also allows to use Netflix and many other apps on Fire TV.

Right now I'm not using Kodi anymore on Wetek. Do you think there is a way to run Tvheadend without having Kodi running as well?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wetek as Tvheadend Server 9 months 2 weeks ago #2

• Stendec
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I'm using the Wetek Openelec box with twin DVB-S module as TVH+OSCAM PVR backend. I've installed LibreElec solely for JeOS and for taking advantage of easily installing TVH 4.2 and OSCAM.
As KODI it is not actively used on a backend system I disable it as last step during the boot process in the /storage/.config/autostart.sh:
#!/bin/sh
(
sleep 10;
);
/usr/bin/systemctl stop kodi;

I'm using this configuration for over a year now as my sole PVR satellite backend with several KODI frontends such as NVIDA Shield and RPI and it works perfectly! It even handles 4K reception perfectly!!
Configuration:
Antenna: Visiosat + 3X LNB-duo (19.2E, 23.5E, 28.2E)
Backend: Wetek S2 used as DVB-S receiver running TVheadend + Oscam (Tvvlaanderen + Candigitaal)
Frontend: Nvidia Shield, Raspberry PI2
The administrator has disabled public write access.