NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HDMI video blinks out at random intervals

HDMI video blinks out at random intervals 8 months 1 week ago #1

• ClayMontgomery
  • Fresh Boarder
  • http://montgomery1.com/htpc/
Hello,

I have been testing OpenELEC 6.0 extensively on a Wandboard Quad and mostly everything works. However, when I play video from my MediaPortal server, the HDMI video signal blanks out at random 1 to 5 minute intervals with durations of about 1 second. The effect looks as if the HDMI cable connection was broken momentarily. The screen is completely black for a second and then recovers. I have tried both OpenELEC 6.0 and 6.95 with MediaPortal Add-on versions 1.10.9 and 1.13.9, respectively. They both behave the same way.

Video from other sources, like streaming sites does not have this problem.

I know the problem is not with my MediaPortal server, because my other Kodi clients work fine, including GeexBox (on the same Wandboard) and Kodi on Windows. This issue seems to be specific to OpenELEC.

I checked the kodi.log and there does not seem to be any errors reported there related to this issue.

Can someone please advise how to resolve this issue?

Thanks, Clay
Check out my HTPC Guide for North America!
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by ClayMontgomery. Reason: Clarification
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HDMI video blinks out at random intervals 8 months 5 hours ago #2

• ClayMontgomery
  • Fresh Boarder
  • http://montgomery1.com/htpc/
I have resolved this issue. I found that dmesg reports these errors which cause the HDMI to blink out and eventually crash Linux:

[ 145.602931] imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: IPU Warning - IPU_INT_STAT_10 = 0x00080000

The solution is to add the 'dmfc=3' option to the bootargs in uEnv.txt to increase the display FIFO size. This problem is widely reported when playing 1080p video on all i.MX6 systems and it should be included in OpenELEC's distribution for all i.MX6 boards.

Regards, Clay
Check out my HTPC Guide for North America!
The administrator has disabled public write access.