NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Random restart to Kodi homepage

Random restart to Kodi homepage 2 years 6 months ago #1

Hello all,
Ive been searching through forums and have not been able to find this issue yet. I am running an Asus Chromebox I3 dualbooting Chrome/Openelec. The problem im having is while watching videos either locally (Nas Drive) or streaming through a video addon I get very random restarts back to Kodi home page. I dont get a full system reboot just a Kodi reboot. This could happen after 30 minutes or 3 hours. I have enabled debugging and component specific debugging, and have been scanning through the logs to see what I can make out but the .old logs are not going to the time of crash, there is a gap of about 30 minutes before it crashes. Maybe I need to do a different type of debug for less spam? Or is there a different log for crash? Here is my last .old log in case Im missing something. Any help is appreciated
Thanks.
xbmclogs.com/pf7taphc4 (Crash was at 11:39, new log starts after reboot)
The topic has been locked.

Random restart to Kodi homepage 2 years 6 months ago #2

xbmclogs.com/pocgdgij3

Here is a recent log. Crash happened at 15:21 but nothing in log for that time?

Random restart to Kodi homepage 2 years 6 months ago #3

Any ideas? has crashed a few more times but the logs all stop 15-20 minutes before the crash?

Random restart to Kodi homepage 2 years 6 months ago #4

I have updated to a Master build to aquire an actual crash log. This is what I have

pastebin.com/YstpuM6f

Random restart to Kodi homepage 2 years 6 months ago #5

i
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by rtfanatic360.

Random restart to Kodi homepage 2 years 6 months ago #6

UPDATE:
I have updated using a test build from the Media importing and library integration of UPnP thread, for crash log info. I have also renamed .kodi to .kodi-old for a fresh install. All I have done is add my Local Network movies and played a file and it is still crashing. Here is the most recent crash log from SSH terminal

pastebin.com/QCMEZ7MZ

Random restart to Kodi homepage 6 months 4 weeks ago #7

• Kanad0s
  • Fresh Boarder
I just upgraded to 8.0.1 with Kodi 17.1. I was using 6.0.3 and did a manual upgrade first to 7.0.1 and then to 8.0.1 to try to avoid any huge problems I had read about. I have a WeTek Openelec box and had no problems with the install but Kodi randomly freezes and then reboots on me, mid-stream.

Random restart to Kodi homepage 6 months 4 weeks ago #8

• sraue
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 650
Kanad0s wrote:
I just upgraded to 8.0.1 with Kodi 17.1. I was using 6.0.3 and did a manual upgrade first to 7.0.1 and then to 8.0.1 to try to avoid any huge problems I had read about. I have a WeTek Openelec box and had no problems with the install but Kodi randomly freezes and then reboots on me, mid-stream.

can you please open a new thread? also please provide the logfiles you can find in the logfiles samba share after such crashes