NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: No Longer Scraping on 2 Computers

No Longer Scraping on 2 Computers 1 week 1 day ago #16

• bash0r666
  • Fresh Boarder
Has version 1.8.5 stopped working?

//EDIT: nvm... 1.8.5 worked again after I rebooted.
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by bash0r666.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No Longer Scraping on 2 Computers 5 days 8 hours ago #17

• jordiboy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This really stinks if OpenElec will not work with the updated API.
I have tried to use LibreELEC, but it just will not work with my Synology NAS using SMB. NAS SMB support has been a known issue with LibreELEC for a long time and they just don't seem to care.

No Longer Scraping on 2 Computers 5 days 49 minutes ago #18

• cityblue2001
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
jordiboy wrote:
I have tried to use LibreELEC, but it just will not work with my Synology NAS using SMB. NAS SMB support has been a known issue with LibreELEC for a long time and they just don't seem to care.

Nonsense, SMB in LibreELEC is working fine with all Samba servers, and the LibreELEC developers *DO* care very much which is why they've spent so much time ensuring SMB works as well as it can given the circumstances (which are that SMB1 is being disabled by default in most modern servers, with minimum SMB2 connections recommended) meaning really old insecure servers like yours are no longer supported in LibreELEC 8.2.1 by default out-of-the-box but can be made to work after enabling the right options (so long as you understand the risks involved, etc.)

The LibreELEC team have spent an awful lot of time explaining the SMB challenges/issues and solutions in blog posts (and on their forum), none of which I suppose you bothered to read. I guarantee if you posted your issue on the LibreELEC forum it would be solved in no time at all, yet you choose instead to post your factually incorrect accusation on a forum that is overrun with spam, where there is genuinely zero support, nor is there any ongoing development now that the OpenELEC project appears to be on life support. Utterly laughable - I know which project I'd be bad mouthing, and it wouldn't be LibreELEC!

For horribly broken and outdated cr@p NAS servers (ie. yours) you now have to configure additional Samba client "legacy security" options in the Kodi GUI (when using LibreELEC 8.2.1) that cause the security of the SMB1 connection to be downgraded (thus increasing the risk of your already insecure SMB1 connection being exploited - think WannaCry etc.) which is why these legacy security options are not enabled by default.

However what you should really do is sort out/upgrade your cr@p NAS software so that it doesn't suck. And maybe also consider switching to an embedded OS running Kodi that isn't (to all intents and purposes) a dead project.
  • Page: