• Page:

TOPIC: Help: Digital Devices DuoFlex CT with Octopus LE: how to replace default kernel drivers?

Help: Digital Devices DuoFlex CT with Octopus LE: how to replace default kernel drivers? 1 year 5 months ago #1

Hi,

I have a problem with my Digital Devices Octopus LE DVB adapter with DuoFlex CT-card (please refer to issue 1769).

The problem is that the default kernel modules drxk and tda18271c2dd stopped working since (at least) kernel 3.6.11 (it was working fine with kernel 3.5.0-21). On an Ubuntu with kernel 3.7.4 I can fix this problem easily by building these modules from this repository:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/media_build_experimental

The question is: how can I integrate/build these modules for a self-compiled OpenELEC?

On my Ubuntu it is straightforward:
hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/media_build_experimental

cd media_build_experimental
make download
make untar
sudo make
sudo make install

daniel044 had a similar problem and created a workaround described here:
http://openelec.tv/forum/81-dvb-c-support/35403-digital-device-cine-ct-v6-not-work#37277

I tried to adapt this by putting a file "duoflex-ct.conf" in /storage/.config/modprobe.d:
# conf file Digital Devices DuoFlex CT PCIe

# set alias for Digital Devices DuoFlex CT PCIe
aloas pci:v0000DD01d00000003sv*sd*bc*sc*i* ddbridge-duoflex-ct

install ddbridge-duoflex-ct /sbin/insmod /storage/.config/modules/dvb-core.ko && \
                            /sbin/insmod /storage/.config/modules/cxd2099.ko && \
                            /sbin/insmod /storage/.config/modules/drxk.ko && \
                            /sbin/insmod /storage/.config/modules/tda18212dd.ko && \
                            /sbin/insmod /storage/.config/modules/ddbridge.ko
remove ddbridge-duoflex-ct /sbin/rmmod /storage/.config/modules/ddbridge.ko && \
                            /sbin/rmmod /storage/.config/modules/tda18212dd.ko && \
                            /sbin/rmmod /storage/.config/modules/drxk.ko && \
                            /sbin/rmmod /storage/.config/modules/cxd2099.ko && \
                            /sbin/rmmod /storage/.config/modules/dvb-core.ko

But the modules that I built are not compatible:
[  534.507454] ddbridge: version magic '3.7.4-030704-generic SMP mod_unload modversions ' should be '3.7.4 SMP mod_unload '
How can I build these kernel-modules with OpenELEC's toolchain?

Is there a better/more elegant way to solve the problem? For Example:
  1. Replace default kernel modules with those from Oliver's repository in OpenELEC by default (my favourite of course ;-) but very unlikely, I know).

2. Create a driver package that integrates the build process into the system's build process (I think I will not get this done by myself, maybe someone can help to develop the build- and install-file...)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help: Digital Devices DuoFlex CT with Octopus LE: how to replace default kernel drivers? 1 year 5 months ago #2

• ultraman
  • Developer
  • Thank you received: 644
Package endriss-v4l-02.zip. Use it the same as other drivers (need to adjust ADDITIONAL_DRIVERS variable in project options file). You also need to adjust v4l/.config in build file.
Good luck.
ultraman == vpeter
LAMP addon - Linux, Apache, MySQL PHP bundle - new
Spotify build instructions - not working anymore
my Opera web browser addon (not for RPi) - not working anymore
Sundtek and HDHomeRun DVB driver addons
TBS, media_build, s2-liplianin unofficial images - not working anymore, use ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: x_nightwish_x

Re: Help: Digital Devices DuoFlex CT with Octopus LE: how to replace default kernel drivers? 1 year 5 months ago #3

Thanks ultraman, your package is what I was looking for. The build- and install-script helped me back on track and after some hours of compiling I finally got a working image! :)
  • Page:

Our Sponsors & Partners

arctic_logo