NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: OpenELEC fails to boot on ANY build

OpenELEC fails to boot on ANY build 4 years 9 months ago #1

• espenator
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

Hardware: Shuttle XS36V, Intel Atom D2700 CPU, Intel GMA 3650 GPU (full specs here)

I've tried all thinkable builds of OpenELEC now, but when booting my HTPC always stops loading with the message "can't open '/storage/.xbmc/temp/latest' on xxx" (as in this thread). I assumed one of the Intel builds would work, but both Testing and Stable 32/64 bit builds gave the same results. I then tried the 32 bit Generic and Generic OSS builds, but no change...

It seems Intel's linux driver support for this particular GPU is non-existent, so should I even expect to get *any* linux distro running on this HTPC? OpenELEC was pretty much my last hope, as I have not been successful with any media application (XBMC included) to play 1080p content smoothly. :-(

Any input would be appreciated!

Espen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

OpenELEC fails to boot on ANY build 4 years 9 months ago #2

• chewitt
It does not hang at that temp/latest message, it's simply that there is no graphics driver loaded so Xorg does not start and nothing writes to the screen beyond that point in the boot sequence. No Xorg means no XBMC. OpenELEC does not support that specific GPU due to the basic lack of linux support that you already noted.

OpenELEC fails to boot on ANY build 3 months 6 days ago #3

• 2017anuj
  • User is blocked

OpenELEC fails to boot on ANY build 3 months 1 day ago #4

• Dmowskavitto
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3D Resort Architectural Rendering
Just FYI - the built-in openelec updater doesn't update between versions, only within them.