NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: boot splash, and videos button useful tweaks.

boot splash, and videos button useful tweaks. 3 years 11 months ago #1

• eliaslear
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
fritsch helped me step by step with the boot skip. can't thank him enough as i like everything clean unbloated and fast as h*ll. everything else i've collected from other users on here and made it as easy as possible to accomplish. as a long time user of XBMC on xbox i wanted the same thing i was used to. since x264 wasn't supported for anything over 480p i HAD to upgrade as a lot of scenes now are releasing only this. and converting every movie to xvid gets very tiring. and lets face it 1080p looks beautiful. i chose the fusion system and i am very pleased.

alot of people couldn't use the ORIGINAL (black and green xbox) xbox remote with dongle in openelec 2.0 without adding file that were posted in the input section. with 3.0 they work out of the box as should. thanks devs for fixing that.

now on to obsessive things i must have done to my system. from what i understand, essentially anything you copy to a folder in storage with a . in front of it like .xbmc replaces and overrides the files in root that openelec boots with. so now it boots with files you specify that you've placed in a .folder. now when it comes to the skin, it wouldn't boot just by using the home.xml file there. i had to have the entire skin folder. not sure why. so since you can't edit files in root you have to use this process to get the files to do what you want them to.

use putty to gain root access by connecting to xbmc ip then typing root when login appears. when enter password comes up type openelec.(just adding this for knowledge purposes.)

skip xbmc frodo splash screen boot screen animation

CREATE advancedsettings.xml in notepad. when you save, save as all files type and put the .xml at the end of advancedsettings. add this to body of text and save.

<advancedsettings>
<splash>false</splash>
</advancedsettings>

copy file to /storage/.xbmc/userdata then restart.

in 2.0 confluence skin you had the option (in the apperance/skin/ submenu)to make the "videos button go straight to files". apparently LOTS of people miss this. after reading a few posts i've found that raw instructions were given to get this option. OR install a modified skin. Now if you're like me you don't want to add anything you don't have to. like honda gurus go by, oem parts are the best and most reliable. and the instructions weren't dummy proof. so here is MY version of easy walkthough instructions for people that basically use ftp and openelec built in file manager.

navigate to root in ftp then to
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p

copy and edit home.xml

On line 911 it says: (i use notepad to open the file and control+f to find the line in the body of text)

<onclick condition="StringCompare(Window.Property(VideosDirectLink),True)">ActivateWindow(Videos)</onclick>

You can change that to:

<onclick condition="StringCompare(Window.Property(VideosDirectLink),True)">ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return)</onclick>

Now go back to file manager on openelec, edit and add source. select root filesystem and ok. once in that directory, navigate to skin.confluence and copy that folder over to storage (i had to keep trying to select the folder before if finally stayed selected so i could click copy. not sure why). now in ftp or ssh go to storage and move the skin folder to .xbmc/addons. Now copy and overwrite the home.xml file mentioned earlier in storage/.xbmc/addon/skin.confluence/720p. And now it will go straight to the "Files" section when you click on Videos from the Home menu!

hope this helps somebody. I DID NOT CREATE OR COME UP WITH ANY OF THIS. i just collected all this and posted the way it worked for me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ