Hello, this is a new add-on that makes it easy to use VPN connections from within OpenELEC
Features are :
- Manage Private Internet Access, IPVanish, VyprVPN, Invisible Browsing VPN, NordVPN, tigerVPN, Hide My Ass!, PureVPN, LiquidVPN, AirVPN, CyberGhost, Perfect Privacy, TorGuard, HideIPVPN, LimeVPN, VPN Unlimited, BTGuard VPN, ExpressVPN, SaferVPN, Celo VPN.ht, TotalVPN, WiTopia, proXPN, Windscribe, IVPN (untested), SecureVPN.to (untested), RA4W (untested) and VPNSecure (untested)
- Import .ovpn files for other VPN providers not supported
- Connect to VPN when Kodi starts and reconnect when necessary
- Connect to VPN before Kodi starts (LibreELEC only)
- Connect to different VPN profiles/locations (or disconnect entirely) depending on add-on in use
- Supports both UDP and TCP connections where available, using the default or user defined port
- Easy display and switching of profiles from a single button/remote key (see readme for how to set up)
- Display screen overlay of current system information from a single button/remote key (see readme for how to set up)
- Supported on OpenELEC 5 onwards, OSMC, other Linux based Kodi installs and Windows (see words in trouble shooting post below)
- Android not currently supported. It doesn't work and will just give you an error message.
- (and randomly a local network speed test utility and reboot timer...)
Latest version is 2.4.1. Setup and usage instructions can be found on the add-on wiki
Looks really nice, where do I put the .ovpn files?
Probably a very newbie question
Not a silly question, too me ages to understand how this all worked. The ovpn files install and update automatically when you set up the VPN provider and credentials.
Also, updated download link above to 0.0.7 which fixes a couple bugs and makes the notifications quiet (as it was annoying me with all it's bonging). You should uninstall 0.0.6 before rebooting and installing 0.0.7 (I had inconsistent results when I tried to update over an existing install)
Thanks for trying it out buddy. I appreciate you letting me know VyprVPN works too.
I got a free trial account for ibVPN this evening and have also gotten it to work too! I've added it in as a selectable option on the settlngs page with all of the profiles and am just making a couple bug fixes. Will have a new version ready in a couple days.
Didn't take as long as I thought it would...here you go : dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8983453/service.vpn.manager-0.0.8.zip
This has support for ibVPN, a slight name change and a few bug fixes.
You can install it over 0.0.7, but if you've messed with the VPN files, might be a good idea to uninstall the previous version, reboot and then install this. Your settings should be retained even through an uninstall. Let me know if you have any problems