Published: Saturday, 30 January 2016 14:27
The OpenELEC 6.0.1 release has been published. Users running OpenELEC 5.95.1 thru 6.0.0 with auto-update enabled will be prompted on-screen to reboot and apply the update once it has been downloaded. Users running older OpenELEC releases or with auto-update disabled will need to manually update. If you would like to update from an older OpenELEC release please read update instructions/advice on the wiki before updating. Manual update files can be obtained from the downloads page.
OpenELEC 6.0.1 is a maintenance release so there are no new features. The main fixes are:
- libCEC has been bumped to 3.0.1 to solve some outstanding issues for RPi/RPi2 users.
- Firmware to support the Cubox-i4pro Bluetooth chipset has been added.
- SSL issues seen with some HTTPS streams are resolved with an update to embedded CA certificates.
- Firmware for Intel wifi devices has been updated to resolve (or at least improve) some networking issues.
- Kodi Isengard DVB add-ons have been updated and pushed to the official repo.
- Boot partition size for new installations has been increased to 512MB.
To view a complete list of GitHub changes since 6.0.0 click here: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/compare/6.0.0...openelec-6.0
Official add-ons (e.g. VDR and its many sub-components) and Unofficial add-ons have also received some attentions. The repos were needing some TLC but now contain current (or newer) versions of most add-ons.
Published: Sunday, 01 November 2015 23:21
The OpenELEC team is proud to announce OpenELEC 6.0 (6.0.0)
The most visible change is Kodi 15.2 (Isengard). Beginning with Kodi 15.0 most audio encoder, audio decoder, PVR and visualisation addons are no longer pre-bundled into OpenELEC but can be downloaded from the Kodi addon repo if required. PVR backends such as VDR and TVHeadend will install needed dependencies automatically. For further information on Kodi 15.1 please read http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-2-isengard-final-release/.
We now officially support WeTek's WeTek_Play device with a build that installs to internal NAND and dual-boots with Android on an SD Card. The iMX6 build extends support to all Solidrun CuBox-i/TV, Solidrun Hummingboard devices and the OSMC Vero. We recommend CuBox-i2eX / Hummingboard-i2eX or better devices.
Read more ...