- Published: Saturday, 30 January 2016 14:27
The OpenELEC 6.0.1 release has been published. Users running OpenELEC 5.95.1 thru 6.0.0 with auto-update enabled will be prompted on-screen to reboot and apply the update once it has been downloaded. Users running older OpenELEC releases or with auto-update disabled will need to manually update. If you would like to update from an older OpenELEC release please read update instructions/advice on the wiki before updating. Manual update files can be obtained from the downloads page.
OpenELEC 6.0.1 is a maintenance release so there are no new features. The main fixes are:
- libCEC has been bumped to 3.0.1 to solve some outstanding issues for RPi/RPi2 users.
- Firmware to support the Cubox-i4pro Bluetooth chipset has been added.
- SSL issues seen with some HTTPS streams are resolved with an update to embedded CA certificates.
- Firmware for Intel wifi devices has been updated to resolve (or at least improve) some networking issues.
- Kodi Isengard DVB add-ons have been updated and pushed to the official repo.
- Boot partition size for new installations has been increased to 512MB.
To view a complete list of GitHub changes since 6.0.0 click here: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/compare/6.0.0...openelec-6.0
Official add-ons (e.g. VDR and its many sub-components) and Unofficial add-ons have also received some attentions. The repos were needing some TLC but now contain current (or newer) versions of most add-ons.