OpenELEC 3.2.1 released

28 Sep 2013

OpenELEC 3.2.1 is the first bugfix and maintenance release for OpenELEC 3.2.0 and is recommended for all new installations or as an update for all previous versions. Systems running OpenELEC 3.1.x and 3.2.0 will automatically update to 3.2.1 if auto-update is enabled. Users who are still running OpenELEC 1.0-3.0 are encouraged to manually update to enjoy the many new features. We would like to thank our users, project team and partners for their efforts in testing, reporting and fixing issues, adding features, creating how-to documents, and donations of hardware and funds to the project. We hugely appreciate your continued support!

Donating is easy and takes only a few minutes using PayPal, Bitcoin or Flattr and there is no fixed or minimum donation amount. No matter how large or small your contribution it helps to keep the project running. Please just donate an amount you feel comfortable with.

Be social and join our community!

OpenELEC has a thriving and vibrant user community offering assistance and encouragement via our online forums and IRC channel. Please make sure you follow us on social media, it will keep you informed and help us to increase awareness for the project.

Changelog

• update to wlan-firmware-0.0.14
  • update to fuse-exfat-1.0.1
  • update to timezone-data-2013d
  • update RPi kernel patch
  • downgrade to xf86-video-fglrx-12.10
  • downgrade to curl-7.31.0, this should solve non working FTP sources in XBMC
  • linux: fix setting up ondemand up_threshold value
  • linux: add support for Ubiquiti WifiStation
  • linux: mac80211: ignore (E)CSA in probe response frames, this should fix #2617
  • busybox: prevent cdrom from autoclose, this should fix #2510
  • Fixed eventlircd's 03_0755_2626.evmap to make most of the buttons of iRF Media Technology W-01RN_USB_V3.1 IR remote work out of the box.
  • bluez: fix udev rule for logitech keyboard support, this should fix #2599
  • eventlircd: add support for MS-Tech remotes
  • kmod: add patch to support /storage/.config/modprobe.d
  • v4l-utils: added some keys to rc6_mce map for xbox360 slim black remote, fixes #2331
  • eventlircd: update holtek remote mappings
  • linux: fix tevi s471
  • eventlircd: set default first repeat to 1000ms to avoid double keypresses on some remotes
  • xbmc: After suspend wait for the first NIC to come up before continuing
  • projects/*/linux: remove PSTATE support again
  • bcm2835-bootloader: fix create sdcard script
  • udevil: add 'nonempty' option for exfat
  • udevil: support mounting disks without partition tables

Did we mention our new settings addon?

The most visible change in OpenELEC 3.2 is our new settings addon. It’s a huge improvement where changes are effected immediately without needing a reboot, and short descriptions of each and every function to make it easier to comprehend. Thanks to lufie, seo, chewitt and vpeter from the project team, and the many others who helped with developing, translating and testing the addon. We also send a special ‘thank you’ to the connman developers for their patient help and guidance during its creation.

The new addon does not migrate settings from OpenELEC 3.0 or older installs so the first time you boot OpenELEC 3.2 a first-run wizard will ensure you configure essentials like keyboard language, hostname, networking, and startup of SSH and samba services.

NB: OpenELEC is used by people from around the world so the new settings addon needs to be translated into as many languages as possible. If your native language is not currently supported it would be awesome if you can help us out with the words. To contribute a new translation or corrections to an existing one; please use this link to visit the transifex site and get started.

New and dropped builds:

To simplify the number of OpenELEC 3.2 builds available we have discontinuted the ION 32-bit, Intel 32-bit, and ‘Ultra’ builds for Xtreamer users. If you are using one of these builds the correct migration path to follow is:

• ION i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) => Generic i386
  • ION i386 (with 64-bit capable hardware) => ION x86_64
  • Intel i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) => Generic i386
  • Intel i386 (with 64-bit capable hardware) => Intel x86_64
  • Xtreamer Ultra 1 / Xtreamer Ultra 2 => ION x86_64

Starting with OpenELEC 3.2 we have added a Generic 64-bit release as a “catch-all” for recent 64-bit hardware. You can find all OpenELEC 3.2.1 releases on the downloads page. Please ask any questions in our forums!

Posted: 6 months 2 days ago by andersvos #89548
andersvos's Avatar
DrG wrote:
andersvos wrote:
Since some versions I can't open OE settings from the sub-menu in home screen. Notthing seems to happen when I click it. But I can open it in Programs menu.

Had the same problem. Did you by any chance copy the default skin to your storage directory so you could apply some mods? If so, your current skin is missing a required patch, and you may have to copy the new default skin over and re-apply the mods.

Thanks for the tip! No I've never done anything to any xbmc skin. Only thing I know that has done something with skins is the Forum Browser addon, which I recall wanted to install some bits that related to skins. But from where do I copy the new default skin?

Also, network mount section in OE settings is still missing in 3.2.3. Will they ever come back? It worked perfectly I think.
Posted: 6 months 3 days ago by Seasick Horse #89490
Seasick Horse's Avatar
eventlircd: add support for MS-Tech remotes
I would like to express my thanks here for making my MS-Tech remote control work !
I used to help myself with a FLIRC to get the remote to work how I want.
After the update I noticed that navigation with the the remote had changed: e.g. every "right arrow" press resulted in two steps in the menu instead of just one.
After plugging out the FLIRC, I noticed everything worked fine without it - just using the onboard IR Receiver in my MS-TECh MC80 box.
I can even turn on and off the device using the power button on the remote.
GREAT WORK!

Now I have to figure out what else I can do with that FLIRC? ;-)
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by DrG #87659
DrG's Avatar
andersvos wrote:

Osmononame wrote:

Had the same issue, can confirm it is fixed for me in 3.2.2.
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by zag #87644
zag's Avatar
No Sound in either 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 intel 64bit build.

Reverting to 3.1.7 fixes it. No idea whats wrong, my Amplifier has HDMI lock and devices show perfectly in system >> audio output but I just get no sound at all.

Some logs here

www.openelec.tv/forum/110-update-openele...o-after-3-2-0-update
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Osmononame #87614
Osmononame's Avatar
I updated my 2 machines to 3.2.1 and have had to revert both to 3.2.0. The first machine is a Arctic mc001 (running Arctic specific build) and the no sound after turning TV off and on (but leaving the Arctic on) has returned. Downgrading to 3.2.0 solves this. The second machine is a custom built Amd A-series htpc (running x64 generic) featured an 'amd unsupported' (or something along those lines.) watermark on the bottom left of the screen at all times. Again reverting to 3.2.0 resolves this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Mithrandier #87595
Mithrandier's Avatar
I'm using OE Fusion build on an HTPC. After update to 3.2 a couple of days ago I experienced some problems (i. e. the well-known remote problem) and downgraded back to 3.1.6. Everything was well again. Today I decided to try 3.2.1 and, behold, all of the old problems seem to be solved. But now I'm facing a much worse one: I'm unable to connect to the system over network, neither via ssh nor via http to TVHeadend, and there is no possibility to start the ssh service from the GUI! :( And because of this I have no chance to change any settings, check anything or downgrade again. What shall I do?

Edit: Today I tested ssh again just for fun and now it works. Also the TVheadend config is available again. The only difference to yesterday is an automatic recording with subsequent suspend.
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Reddog #87577
Reddog's Avatar
After reading the various problems some were having with their remote, I was hoping this version would magically fix my remote problem I've had since 3.1.7 - but it didn't.

I have this ir remote I've been using successfully for the last 3 years on all versions of Openelec up to and including 3.1.6.
i.e. working correctly, the left/right keys skip -30/+30 seconds and the rew/ff keys rewind/fast forward x2 etc.

However, from 3.1.7, the left/right keys work as required but the rew/ff just do the same as the left/right keys - i.e. skip -30/+30 seconds and I am unable to rewind or fast forward with any keys.

FYI:
dmesg | paste - http://sprunge.us/ObjS
cat /proc/bus/input/devices | paste - http://sprunge.us/NNSe
lsmod | paste - http://sprunge.us/gjOV

I hope this can be fixed in some future release - if anyone needs any additional info, please let me know.
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by free11131975 #87564
free11131975's Avatar
I apologize, i searched but was unable to find an answer.

Has the issue with connecting to open WiFi been addressed with the 3.2.1 update?

Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by andersvos #87557
andersvos's Avatar

And the section where we could add network mounts seems to be gone in OE settings now?
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by VanZan #87555
VanZan's Avatar
Seems very trivial to point this out but strangely my "Get More" icon is in the middle of the other icons!! :D Anyway thanks for all your hard work guys as the important stuff is working fine for me! :)
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by masi0 #87554
masi0's Avatar
Dual Audio stopped to work on both 3.2.0 and 3.2.1
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by firsttris #87551
firsttris's Avatar

i again have some issues in 3.2.1 which seems to be solved in 3.2.0

My system freezes sporadically on fast forwarding MPEG4.
My system freezes sporadically on switching livetv channels.

(this happens very often.)

I have reopend my Issue Report on GitHub: github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/2477
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by gjwAudio #87545
gjwAudio's Avatar
librtmp in Intel.x86_64 build

...same question as in v3.2.0 Released thread:
Has librtmp been updated to the latest version (2013-09-14) from RedPenguin ? Being a rank noob at this, I don't know how/where to check the builds for myself.

Thanks for confirmation...
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by jeuf37 #87510
jeuf37's Avatar
jeuf37 wrote:
I experienced several reboots, on different installs, and different hardware, also on fresh install. The Pi are not O/C
I think it's because of the 3.2.1. But i will work on it again, tomorrow.

My bad. Looks there was something wrong with my config file... After I replaced it, it worked fine, really sorry for the wrong alert. :sick:
3.2.1 rocks :whistle:
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by knewknow #87501
knewknow's Avatar
DDD wrote:
knewknow wrote:
Intel i5 HD4000.
Running from USB stick. USB 2.0 slot.
DB on MySQL running from Windows Server.

What Deinterlace Options do you have in the VideoOSD?

I leave everything at default.
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by kreeturez #87488
kreeturez's Avatar
This solves the bluetooth-adapter-not-found issue for me as well:
sraue wrote:
can you try:
- install 3.2.1 on your sdcard
- downlaod and extract sources.openelec.tv/3.2.0/bcm2835-bootloader-7d8a762.tar.xz
- copy start_x.elf to start.elf on your sdcard

can you try:
- install 3.2.1 on your sdcard
- copy start_x.elf to start.elf on your sdcard
- copy fixup_x.dat to fixup.dat on your sdcard
- copy bootcode.bin to your sdcard
- try to boot

Does this mean that you are adding files or do you have to remane them (start_x.elf to start.elf )?
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by lostiniceland #87466
lostiniceland's Avatar
Having trouble as well after the update. I am using the genetic amd build for my Richland cpu. I used all updates from 3.1.1 without trouble but this service release hangs after the splash screen.

It seems that the xorg isn't started because I can access via ssh. Restarts didn't help.

Killall -9 xbmc.bin as suggested on the wiki didn't help since xbmc is also not started.

Any ideas or ssh commands I should try?

Update: i tried stating XBMC manually using the init.d script. This is what I get
OpenELEC:/etc/init.d # sh 93_xbmc
93_xbmc: line 69: progress: not found
93_xbmc: line 86: wait_for_dbus: not found
93_xbmc: line 89: wait_for_inet_addr: not found
93_xbmc: line 92: wait_for_udevadm_settle: not found
93_xbmc: line 105: wait_for_xorg: not found
BusyBox v1.21.1 (2013-09-28 09:58:49 CEST) multi-call binary.

Usage: usleep N

Pause for N microseconds

Abnormal Exit. Exited with code 127
Abnormal Exit. Exited with code 127
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Paradiso #87456
Paradiso's Avatar
SubElement wrote:
Having a weird issue after I updated.

When I go into a directory to browse files, it used to order alphabetically with folders first, then alphabetically with files next. Now it's sorting alphabetically with both included. Is this an option somewhere? I can't see it. Or is it some weird bug?

(Running Intel X64 on a NUC)

Thanks!

Same for me (running Fusion on ZBOX AD13)
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Puzzler #87454
Puzzler's Avatar
Can someone fix a bug with Holtec IR? All keys work great, but long press for sound up/down - does not! I use this set www.streacom.com/products/irrc/ ... and it will be great to have it working out of the box.
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by David.P #87448
David.P's Avatar
My experience with the latest OE flavour:

- standby broken most of the time without Bluetooth (wakes up immediateiy after standby)
- standby always broken when using Bluetooth (doesn't even go into standby)
- bad video tearing
- TV rewinding not working whatsoever

This is with the Arctic MC001.

I chose Openelec for an appliance/firmware like experience.

Now it turns out I get about the same amount of re-booting, tinkering and browsing the Web for problem solutions as with %$§#* Windows.

Not Good™
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Ubuntubirdy #87434
Ubuntubirdy's Avatar
System wake up from suspend does not work since updating to 3.2.1 on ZBOX AD06, Fusion-Build. "Abnormal Exit. Exited with code 139" is showing on the screen. Worked fine on 3.2.0. Normal boot will start the sysem without any problem.
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by guppy #87412
guppy's Avatar
Will the "post #10 fix"* be re-released as 3.2.1 for raspberry pi, or do we wait for 3.2.1.1 or something like that?

* http://http://openelec.tv/forum/120-news-announcements/67367-openelec-3-2-1-released?limitstart=0#87317
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by askthomas #87409
askthomas's Avatar
The new 3.2.1 on Intel NUC (celleron) dont find hdmi audio any more. Backing to 3.2.0 and it works again.

/T
Posted: 6 months 3 weeks ago by DDD #87394
DDD's Avatar
knewknow wrote:
Intel i5 HD4000.
Running from USB stick. USB 2.0 slot.
DB on MySQL running from Windows Server.

What Deinterlace Options do you have in the VideoOSD?