OpenELEC 3.2.2 released

01 Oct 2013

OpenELEC 3.2.2 is a bugfix and maintenance release for our OpenELEC 3.2 series and is recommended for all new installations or as an update for all previous versions. Systems running OpenELEC 3.1.x and 3.2.x will automatically update to 3.2.2 if auto-update is enabled. Users who are still running OpenELEC 1.0-3.0 are encouraged to manually update to enjoy the many new features. We would like to thank our users, project team and partners for their efforts in testing, reporting and fixing issues, adding features, creating how-to documents, and donations of hardware and funds to the project. We hugely appreciate your continued support!

Donating is easy and takes only a few minutes using PayPal, Bitcoin or Flattr and there is no fixed or minimum donation amount. No matter how large or small your contribution it helps to keep the project running. Please just donate an amount you feel comfortable with.

Be social and join our community!

OpenELEC has a thriving and vibrant user community offering assistance and encouragement via our online forums and IRC channel. Please make sure you follow us on social media, it will keep you informed and help us to increase awareness for the project.

Changelog

• update to bcm2835-bootloader-b4e35f4
  • update to bcm2835-driver-b4e35f4
  • xf86-video-fglrx-legacy: add PCI ID patch
  • plymouth-lite: provide full screen splashs if possible
  • xf86-video-fglrx: provide controlfile from 13.8 to hide the watermark
  • eglibc: fix dns with broken routers

Did we mention our new settings addon?

The most visible change in OpenELEC 3.2 is our new settings addon. It’s a huge improvement where changes are effected immediately without needing a reboot, and short descriptions of each and every function to make it easier to comprehend. Thanks to lufie, seo, chewitt and vpeter from the project team, and the many others who helped with developing, translating and testing the addon. We also send a special ‘thank you’ to the connman developers for their patient help and guidance during its creation.

The new addon does not migrate settings from OpenELEC 3.0 or older installs so the first time you boot OpenELEC 3.2 a first-run wizard will ensure you configure essentials like keyboard language, hostname, networking, and startup of SSH and samba services.

NB: OpenELEC is used by people from around the world so the new settings addon needs to be translated into as many languages as possible. If your native language is not currently supported it would be awesome if you can help us out with the words. To contribute a new translation or corrections to an existing one; please use this link to visit the transifex site and get started.

New and dropped builds:

To simplify the number of OpenELEC 3.2 builds available we have discontinuted the ION 32-bit, Intel 32-bit, and ‘Ultra’ builds for Xtreamer users. If you are using one of these builds the correct migration path to follow is:

• ION i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) => Generic i386
  • ION i386 (with 64-bit capable hardware) => ION x86_64
  • Intel i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) => Generic i386
  • Intel i386 (with 64-bit capable hardware) => Intel x86_64
  • Xtreamer Ultra 1 / Xtreamer Ultra 2 => ION x86_64

Starting with OpenELEC 3.2 we have added a Generic 64-bit release as a “catch-all” for recent 64-bit hardware. You can find all OpenELEC 3.2.2 releases on the downloads page. Please ask any questions in our forums!

Posted: 1 year 1 week ago by Nomgle #88887
Nomgle's Avatar
Tobor wrote:
Nomgle wrote:
Additionally, using the Aeon Nox skin, I used to be able to go into Programs > Add-ons > Enabled Add-ons > OpenElec to enable and disable the AutoUpdate. But on version 3.2 the Configure option (and all the other options !) are greyed-out in that menu. How do I enable and disable AutoUpdate within v3.2.0 ?

Same problem here, running the Arctic version of OE. Any ideas?!?
I've fixed it now.
Customise the Main Screen in Aeon Nox and make sure you enable the "PROGRAMS" menu item. Once you have that enabled, back out to the Main Screen and select the PROGRAMS entry you just enabled. You'll see a few applications you can open - and one of them is the working OpenElec Configuration.

The old method appears to be deprecated.
Posted: 1 year 1 week ago by pehla48@gmail.com #88692
pehla48@gmail.com's Avatar
I seriously hope that in version 3.2.3 will be corrected sorting folders and files (sorts folders and files separately, as expected - not mixed). Its problem since OE 3.2.1.

Is there any way to set correct sorting in 3.2.2?
Posted: 1 year 1 week ago by Eisi2005 #88684
Eisi2005's Avatar

Did you change something in Keyboard reaction? After update from 3.2 to 3.2.2 i have the "problem" that when i want to scroll fast through my library, IT take 1 or 2 seconds Where nothingh happens and then the fast scrolling Start.

Eisi
Posted: 1 year 1 week ago by SubElement #88683
SubElement's Avatar
So, is it possible to get a final word if this file/folder sorting issue is a bug or a new way of sorting?

If it is a new way or sorting, please at least give us the option to change it, because it's terrible.
Posted: 1 year 1 week ago by slainemcr #88601
slainemcr's Avatar
Hi, I have problem with IMON VFD on 3.2.x, the display does not work after suspend (is black), on OE 3.0.6.works without any problem.
Thanx for reply.
Posted: 1 year 1 week ago by slawek #88597
slawek's Avatar
Dear all seams version 3.2.0 Generic i386 I have problem with correct display resolution on 2 screens. I have HTPC build in case of Origen AE and is including LCD panel connect by VGA and TV connect via HDMI.
In vrsion 3.1.7 when I seup in menu connect via HDMI both screens use 1024 x 1080p HDMI and VGA - no problem
When upgrade to 3.2.0 when I setup HDMI 1024 x 1080p TV is fine but VGA screen is to big and show zoom ( part of the screen picture) and use 600 x 800 resolution. When I setup connect via VGA 1024 x 1080p is both displays working fine.
Maybe some one please help me how to setup in config then my small VGA display is use all the time 1024 x 1080p resolution.
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by OzMoose #88454
OzMoose's Avatar
Exact same problem. I was very happy when 3.2.0 was released as it fixed this issue for me. I'm using an Arctic MC001. How to I find a copy of 3.2.0 so I can downgrade?
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Tobor #88401
Tobor's Avatar
Nomgle wrote:

Same problem here, running the Arctic version of OE. Any ideas?!?
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by firsttris #88392
firsttris's Avatar
xtreamer ultra2
xbmc freezes sporadically on fast forwarding mp4 and switching livetv channels.
github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/2477
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Nomgle #88348
Nomgle's Avatar
zuzuzu wrote:
Hi should this version auto update from 3.2.1? I've got auto-update enabled & it notified me that 3.2.2 was available but still no update.
I have the same issue - I can't seem to find any way to activate the auto-update.

Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by zuzuzu #88329
zuzuzu's Avatar
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by DeadlyPorpoise #88280
DeadlyPorpoise's Avatar
HI,

Just a small tip that was driving me batty...HD TV files either wouldn't play via the TV Shows interface (Show->Season->Episode) or just the audio stream would play in the audio equaliser.

The error for the latter looked like

21:14:20 T:2974807136 ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.video_decode - OMX_ErrorInsufficientResources, insufficient resources
21:14:20 T:2707420256 ERROR: Output - renderer not started

Anyway, it looks like after the upgrade to 3.2.2, the config.txt for the gpu_mem for the 512Mb had reverted back to 128. This needs to be 256Mb.

Hopefully, this spares others some frustration!
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by whollybastard #88253
whollybastard's Avatar
Just noted that when I switch sources on my TV, sound disappears over HMDI with 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 - seemed to be working fine on 3.2 (finally, had this issue up until 3.0.6 - Arctic MC001 system and install). Let me know what logs maybe of use n I'll post. Have to reboot to get it back, with TV source set to xbmc when booting.
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by scottchicken #88133
scottchicken's Avatar
I have an Asrock ION3D. Just did a fresh install of 3.2.1 (64bit) last weekend (due to auto updates failing for the size mismatch error).

It just now auto updated to 3.2.2, and upon reboot does not go past the xmbc frodo 12.2 splash logo. Have left it alone to update; did a hard reset/reboot many times etc. Still just sits at the xbmc splash

I am however able to sftp in. Should I throw in the 3.2.1 files which I still have to downgrade?

edit: I downgraded to 3.2.1, it booted fine, then did a manual sftp update using the download from this site. Seemed to work okay.
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by S80_UK #88104
S80_UK's Avatar
DuncanG wrote:
SubElement wrote:
Same issue from 3.2.1 for me.

Files and folders and listed together in strict alphabetical order. All previous versions used to order Folders first, THEN Files in alphabetical order.

Again not sure if this is now an option somewhere, but I can't see it.

This is extremely annoying!
It doesn't give any confidence when something basic like this is changed apparently on a whim, or maybe just carelessness.

I'm also seeing this issue (I am running ION x86_64 Version 3.2.2 on an Asus AT5-IONT-I board). It's a very unexpected and unhelpful change from the way that OpenELEC and XBMC have previously presented the contents of a folder for those who have files and folders sharing the same level in a folder hierarchy and who choose not to use the library facility.

If it's an error that has crept in, please fix it. If it was intentional, please at least provide the option of using the original sorting method. Thanks.
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by sebf #88056
sebf's Avatar
After the auto update from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 , MS-TECH remote has a different configuration but this is small problem

After the auto update from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 build freezes most of the times and finally crash, is it screen form tv:

so I decided to downgrade it back to 3.0.6. and here's another surprise:

Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by whesh #88024
whesh's Avatar
My problems of subtitles with the rpi were due to my network configuration, i apologize for the disturbance. Still the pb with 2 sources on my class 10 sd

Envoyé depuis mon Desire HD avec Tapatalk
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by DuncanG #88022
DuncanG's Avatar
SubElement wrote:
Same issue from 3.2.1 for me.

Again not sure if this is now an option somewhere, but I can't see it.

This is extremely annoying!
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Szafran #88007
Szafran's Avatar
Szafran wrote:
Szafran wrote:
Szafran wrote:
I have Xtreamer Ultra 2 and using OE Generic x64. With both versions after 3.2.0 I experience random XBMC restarts (most while playing and some even while in the XBMC menu). Can't show the log since the restarts cascade (there's always at least 2 of them) and the logs are overwritten. Same thing happened a while ago with one of the versions.

Same thing happens with 3.2.0 now :/

I've updated to 3.2.2 but the ION version to see if it'll help.

Crap, I see that I'm the only one with those problems :/
Anyways, I had to revert to Generic i386 v3.0.6 for the restarts to stop.

I've done some more tests.
I've disconnected my attached LCD (using LCD2USB, controlled by hd44780).
Now, after watching some episodes everything is fine (even on OE v3.2.2).
Was there something done to the LCD modules recently ? (I didn't have any problems with the LCD in the earlier versions).
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Nibbos #87922
Nibbos's Avatar
UPDATE:
  • took out SD card
  • had cup of tea.
  • put SD card in windows PC
  • looked at files on SD card.
  • too scared to copy files on to it from suggested posts
  • put SD card back in Pi.
  • power on.
  • XBMC booted fine.
  • wireless keyboard appears to be working
  • favourites restored
  • managed to play a film
  • video add-ons DON'T work
  • favourites now disappeared again
  • no iplayer or such services working
  • reboot
  • works for 3 minutes
  • favourites back
  • watch iplayer for 1 minute
  • crashes, grey screen on TV, all lights on Pi are on (but nobody home, as they say!)

going to bed.

erratic and unpredictable at best, I don't think I can rely on this to replace my old system of a Mk1 eXtreamer, Synology DS213j and Virgin Media cable TV services.

Much as I'd love to persevere with the Pi and XBMC, it's just too frustrating and unreliable.

I set it up about a month ago and have had 3 or 4 trouble-free days at most since then.

Tonight's random crashing, lack of keyboard etc. etc. and now the loss of favourites after a few minutes, along with the video add-ons means it just ain't good enough for a house full of kids who like the occasional film or cartoon. Just when you think it's going to work - boom, it crashes or won't play something. The kids get very frustrated, particularly if we've settled down to watch a film together. The whole experience is frustrating and does not really show the whole Raspbery Pi concept perfoming at it's best. In fact, it's making me suggest that people AVOID it due to the frustrations we've had.

If anyone can help me fix this and convince me otherwise, I'll gladly listen and try to follow their advice.

Thanks in advance.

Nibbos

PS If you tell me how to 'log' stuff I can post the 'logfile' here for you, to help the diagnosis.
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Nibbos #87917
Nibbos's Avatar
UPDATE:

boots OK (or so it seems) but wireless keyboard not working properly (logitech k400r).

Can use arrow keys to scroll through main menu items and their sub-menu items, but touchpad too laggy to be useful.

'Enter' key not working on file lists. Cannot select a video Add-On e.g. iPlayer, to see if that is working.

Favourites now empty.

Navigate to video with arrow keys, select to play, 'Working' message in bottom RH corner of screen for about 1 minute, video plays for about 1 second then crashes back to main menu.

Cannot connect with putty ('Server unexpectedly closed network connection' error message), even though correct IP address being used (this used to work in 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 - albeit briefly for the few days 3.2.1 was useful).

I have no idea what to do, since I barely understand the instructions to do stuff with /flash (wherever that is!) and I cannot even use putty and SSH to even attempt to follow some of the instructions suggested by helpful posters. e.g. http://openelec.tv/forum/120-news-announcements/67367-openelec-3-2-1-released?start=45#87488

Tried to restore from backup configuration (was this wise, I don't know?!) but only got empty window - was it hoping I'd select a backup from a list? I did a backup after 3.2.1 but there was no choice of backup files to choose from offered to me. The little window was blank...)

This is a mojor retrograde step and I am clueless as to how to fix it.

I have a useless Pi and XBMC system, and the wife and kids aren't happy!

aaaaaargh!

Please help me, somebody...

Nibbos
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Szafran #87916
Szafran's Avatar
Szafran wrote:
Szafran wrote:

Same thing happens with 3.2.0 now :/

I've updated to 3.2.2 but the ION version to see if it'll help.

Crap, I see that I'm the only one with those problems :/
Anyways, I had to revert to Generic i386 v3.0.6 for the restarts to stop.
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Sym #87914
Sym's Avatar
When I update my RPi to 3.2.2, I can no longer play avi files over my samba mounted drives. When I use the bootloader firmware from 3.2.0 (bcm2835-bootloader-7d8a762) with the 3.2.2 system image then it works and can play avi again.

I just replaced bootcode.bin, fixup_x.dat, and start_x.elf with bootcode.bin, fixup.dat, and start.elf, respectively, from the bcm2835-bootloader-7d8a762 firmware.
Posted: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Nibbos #87909
Nibbos's Avatar
Pi, xbmc Frodo 12.2, Transcend 32GB Class 10 SDHC.
Boots, showed update process, loads XBMC main menu.
Can navigate for a few minutes, but Library not working - select a file and it then shows another one, wireless keyboard no longer mapped properly (logitech k400r), then whole thing crashes and leaves me with a grey screen.
Only way to reboot is to pull the power and try again.
Tried 4 times in last half hour. SDHC card going to be well and truly fried if this continues.
What do I need to post here so that problem can be identified, since I only get a few minutes 'use' before it crashes any instructions would be appreciated - bit of a noob at SSH so keep it simple, please!
Thanks in advance.