OpenELEC 4.0.4 released

04 Jun 2014

The OpenELEC team is proud to announce OpenELEC 4.0.4.

This release includes some bugfixes, security fixes and improvements since OpenELEC-4.0.3 . Besides the usual bugfixes and package updates we updated XBMC with the last fixes to XBMC 13.1 (final) which contains a lot of fixes for issues found after the XBMC-13.0 release (some of them we already shipped with OpenELEC-4.0.0).
We found and fixed with the help of 'popcornmix' some RaspberryPi related issues in kernel, firmware and XBMC code. Many thanks to him for the help!

OpenELEC-4.0.4 is now the next stable release, which is a bugfix and securityfix release of the OpenELEC-4.0 series.

Bitcoin Adress:

How To Upgrade To OpenELEC 4.0 Release

If you are going to update from one of our older releases, we STRONGLY advise that you make a backup of your XBMC data and manual update . There was reports regarding new database versions, settings, addons and addon repos, which can cause issues if you are using updating from OpenELEC 3.2 or older. You can use our OpenELEC Settings addon if you are using OpenELEC-3.2 to backup your data and then reset it. If you are on an older build, you will need to do this manually:

mv /storage/.xbmc /storage/.xbmc-backup

For more details, please visit http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Updating_OpenELEC.

Updated and changed Components since OpenELEC-4.0.3 (summary)

• update to e2fsprogs-1.42.10
  • update to xbmc-13-84725b0 (XBMC-13.1)
  • update to bluez-5.19
  • update to linux-3.14.5
  • update to bcm2835-bootloader-f15c3b5
  • update to bcm2835-driver-f15c3b5
  • update to fontconfig-2.11.1
  • update to systemd-213
  • update to inputproto-2.3.1
  • update to gnutls-3.2.15
  • Fix DVB-T2 support with GeniaTech T220/August T210 devices
  • Revert "ethtool: add support to disable WOL for broken drivers, add 'e1000e' as broken driver"
  • projects/RPi/patches/linux: update RPi support patch
  • projects/RPi/patches/xbmc: update RPi support patch

For a full changelog on what's new, follow the link below:

There has been many months of development and testing in the run-up to this releases, but like any major update there are a lot of changes. Unfortunately, we are unable to test every scenario on all hardware, so it’s possible you might pick up on an issue we may have missed (this is why we do beta tests). We would like anyone brave enough to test this release and report issues that they find either with OpenELEC or XBMC.

Please report any issues you encounter to our issue tracker on github and/or forum. Please follow our guidelines for submitting issues outlined here: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Supported Platform Changes

The number of builds supported has simplified. As of OpenELEC 4.0, images will be provided for AppleTV, Generic (i386 and x86_64) and Raspberry Pi’s.
We have also recently added support for Solid-Run Cubox-I devices to OpenELEC. However, this support is still under active development. Given the fact that this code base is not yet stable, we will not be providing an image for Cubox-i devices with OpenELEC-4.0. Hopefully this will change in the future as support for the platform matures.

New and dropped builds in OpenELEC 4.0

We will no longer be supplying specific builds for Arctic MC, Fusion, Intel and Ion devices – support for all of these devices has been rolled into the Generic builds. If you are using one of these builds, you will need to migrate to the Generic builds. If you need to migrate from an older unsupported build, please follow these instructions:

from Version Old System/Build Architecture to Version
OpenELEC =< 3.0 ION i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) Generic i386
OpenELEC=< 3.2 ION x86_64 (with 64-bit capable hardware) Generic x86_64
OpenELEC=< 3.0 Intel i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) Generic i386
OpenELEC=< 3.2 Intel x86_64 (with 64-bit capable hardware) Generic x86_64
OpenELEC=< 3.2 Generic_OSS i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) Generic i386
OpenELEC=< 3.2 Generic_OSS x86_64 (with 64-bit capable hardware) Generic x86_64
OpenELEC=< 3.0 Xtreamer Ultra 1/2 x86_64 Generic x86_64
OpenELEC=< 3.2  AMD Fusion x86_64 Generic x86_64
OpenELEC=< 3.2 Arctic_MC x86_64 Generic x86_64

For more information, please visit:

You can find the new release of OpenELEC 4.0.4 on the downloads page

Posted: 5 months 5 days ago by platin #110516
platin's Avatar
hi, can you provide openelec 4.0.4 download link please?
Posted: 5 months 5 days ago by DDD #110441
DDD's Avatar
Here is one :)
The OpenELEC team is proud to announce OpenELEC 4.0.5.
openelec.tv/forum/120-news-announcements...nelec-4-0-5-released
Posted: 5 months 6 days ago by FireMan #110423
FireMan's Avatar
Since there isn't a 4.0.5 topic, I like to report here that Bluetooth from Intel 7260 still not working in OpenELEC.

Cheers.
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by neo_mat #110324
neo_mat's Avatar
No dts-hd or dolby trueHD in advanced menu after update from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4.

Downgrate to 4.0.3 and dts-hd or dolby trueHD is available !

Nuc haswell i3 x86 generic openelec.
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by guenniguenzelsen #110299
guenniguenzelsen's Avatar
I'm facing an issue since the first final 4.x-versions.

After starting OE/XBMC, there's no sound. I have to go to settings menu, select another sound-source (e.g. SPDIF) and then revert back to my original sound-source (generic HD audio).
Even the setting "keep sound-output always active" has no effect.

After the above mentioned "workaround" everything works fine then.

Any idea, how to solve this?
It's an Asus E45M1-I DELUXE Board.
Connected via HDMI to my Receiver.

Previous Versions were absolutely fine (3.95x also).

Please find the log-file attached

[File Attachment: log-2014-06-14-08.51.17.zip]
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by demoman #110242
demoman's Avatar
Ok, found out some things about the latest version of AirPlay and iTunes.

It does work with 4.0.4 and 11.2.2.
Go into the AirPlay setting on your iTunes, you will see a SINGLE and MULTIPLE

Select Multiple and you will see volume sliders. Turn up the audio on the Unit your wanting to hear the audio from.

In my case I've got audio for my OS X Maverick's unit, my RaspBMC PI, and OpenElec PI up and working at the moment.

Certainly wish that the audio player in BMC allowed you to change it. Or I have missed how to do this. As many times audio will start off at a poor level and I'd love to turn it up.
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by Vegeto_10 #110216
Vegeto_10's Avatar
Intel NUC bay trail Wifi keeps on disconnecting every 10 mins. Was working perfect on some beta version before.
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by The #110196
The's Avatar
greeny7 wrote:
Still have the issues which were detected in previous releases (Intel haswell).
1. when stop a video playback, XBMC freezes
2. the wifi (USB stick) connects to the network only manually. The set up is correct and it is including the connect automatically settings.

cheers

I have the same random freeze when a video playback stops (manually or at the end of the video). Running on Intel Haswell G3220 and H87 Mainboard.

Other then that Openelec feels more responsive than under Windows.
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by gaki #110153
gaki's Avatar
DDD wrote:
There is an "Thank You" Button under the 1. Post ;)
You didn't get that the reason of his post is the advertisement in his signature ? :whistle:
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by DDD #110143
DDD's Avatar
There is an "Thank You" Button under the 1. Post ;)
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by gaki #110089
gaki's Avatar
popcornmix wrote:
Btw, my RPi is 100% CPU under Confluence skin with this version. Normal ?
Not in static screens (should be around 20%).
You may get this with RSS enabled, or with other scrolling/animated content.
My apologies. The 100% CPU only last 5 minutes (maybe add-on updates check).
No RSS enabled though.
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by TMx #110027
TMx's Avatar
Hi Guys

AirPlay is not compatible with iTunes 11.2.2 is there any chance to fix that ?

Thanx :)
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by interpolgp #110003
interpolgp's Avatar
Hi I'm using OpenELEC Stable - Raspberry Pi ARM Version:4.0.4 2014-06-04 19:38:26. On a Raspberry Pi 512mb.

I find that the youtube integration no longer works from my iphone. Dailiymotion works and a lot of others.

Just thought i'd mention it. Everything else is great!
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by JimmySmith #109979
JimmySmith's Avatar
JimmySmith wrote:
JimmySmith wrote:

I have troubles with compile 4.0.4 :(
CCLD     gdbus-example-objectmanager-server
lto1: internal compiler error: compressed stream: data error
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
lto-wrapper: /home/spicajir/Documents/OpenELEC.tv-4.0.4/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-4.0.4/toolchain/bin/armv6zk-openelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.9.0 returned 1 exit status
/home/spicajir/Documents/OpenELEC.tv-4.0.4/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-4.0.4/toolchain/lib/gcc/armv6zk-openelec-linux-gnueabi/4.9.0/../../../../armv6zk-openelec-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld.gold: fatal error: lto-wrapper failed
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:1776: recipe for target 'gdbus-test-codegen' failed
make[7]: *** [gdbus-test-codegen] Error 1

Is there some changes regarding system resources? I was trying to increase memory (from 2GB to 4GB), but it doesnt help (also I watch top when I compiling, error is thrown despite the free memory :( Always in the same place. Compiling glib.. I even download openelec 4.0.4 sources from github to prevent some corrupted files, nothing helps :( I have no problem with compiling 4.0.3. and I didnt change anything on system. It is pretty much clean and empty Xubuntu XFCE (with OE prerequisities: build-essential automake gawk git texinfo gperf cvs xsltproc libncurses5-dev libxml-parser-perl unzip zip xfonts-utils wget)

Any idea, tip, help or has someone the similiar experience? I am clueless now :(

Solved thanks to ultraman! Forgot to
rm -fr $HOME/.ccache-openelec

Thanks for the update, guys!
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by jjslegacy #109950
jjslegacy's Avatar
I have a new problem I just noticed this week - didn't seem to happen in previous versions.

I run an asus chromebook in my theater and when i watch something and go back to the system later I get no audio. A reboot doesn't even help it seems I have to power off the denon receiver to get audio back. Things have been working flawlessly before this so i don't think it's a denon issue but I will have to try earlier versions of 4.0 and see if I can duplicate.
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by TotalReality #109923
TotalReality's Avatar
Any update please from the developers regarding fixing the crashing/freezing issue of XBMC when stopping playback of a video on Intel Haswell processors (HD4600). Logs and details availalbe here

Thanks.
Posted: 5 months 1 week ago by quikote #109816
quikote's Avatar
achilles1001 wrote:
First, thanks for all the developers hard work! Second, this release along with the last release doesn't respond to my remote after the default,dim screensaver comes up after the default period of inactivity on raspberry pi running from a connected hard drive. This setup works very well in some of the previous releases but its completely non-functional in a at least the last two releases. It has to be a glitch related to the sleep driver action for my IR receiver. I receive zero response and can't wake from "dim" after the pi goes to sleep. My IR receiver is: www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-Wireless-Rem...&keywords=mce+remote

It worked great in previous releases

I have the same problem, but different remote.
Posted: 5 months 2 weeks ago by DDD #109768
DDD's Avatar
installed the 4.0.4 today, my "Problems"
- Createlog - the Name of the Log have the wrong Time, 16:31, but should be 18:31
- Starting with TV Menu isn't able, i think thats a Timing problem, xbmc have to wait some seconds to vdr and
vnsi to start and load the Channels - reported this also here openelec.tv/forum/20-development-discuss...ilds?start=330#96313
That worked on 3.0.6, but don't on 4.x

Logs: goo.gl/PjgvGw
So far no other Problems on IVB Graphics and tevii S471 - Great Work!
Posted: 5 months 2 weeks ago by JimmySmith #109755
JimmySmith's Avatar
JimmySmith wrote:

I have troubles with compile 4.0.4 :(
CCLD     gdbus-example-objectmanager-server
lto1: internal compiler error: compressed stream: data error
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:1776: recipe for target 'gdbus-test-codegen' failed
make[7]: *** [gdbus-test-codegen] Error 1

Posted: 5 months 2 weeks ago by sraue #109748
TMx wrote:
I've enabled SSH during my X86 installation but all I've got is ; ssh: connect to host port 22: Connection refused
There is no SSH enable/disable option in openelec settings menu only option is Disable ssh password option under Openelecsettings/Services...
I've got to stop xbmc to send guisettings.xml is there any other way to send ?
Thanx in advance for any help or advice :)

if you enable SSH in the installer it adds "ssh" to the kernel commandline. If "ssh" is part of the kernel commandline in bootloader config //flash cmdline.txt on RPi, /flash/extlinux.conf or /flash/syslinux.cfg or /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg or on x86 the option to enable/disable ssh in our settings addon is disabled and ssh starts on boot (otherwise while xbmc will be started)
please check if /storage is formatted with a linux filesystem (not FAT or NTFS) and /storage/.cache/ssh dont contain corrupted or empty keyfiles (you can enable showing hidden files and folders in xbmc, add via XBMCs filemanager /storage/.cache as source and delete /storage/.cache/ssh. after a reboot the files will be recreated)
Posted: 5 months 2 weeks ago by TMx #109747
TMx's Avatar
Thats exactly what I've thought and done a fresh installation and enabled SSD and Samba but still no joy...are you a 4.0.4 user if so could you please confirm ssh is working ok for you...
Many thanx
Posted: 5 months 2 weeks ago by popcornmix #109746
popcornmix's Avatar
TMx wrote:
I've got to stop xbmc to send guisettings.xml is there any other way to send ?
Thanx in advance for any help or advice :)

Might be worth trying with "settings level" set to advanced or expert (although I'm not sure openelec settings depends on this).
Do you have ssh specified in cmdline.txt, or have you created a ssh_enable in config directory? They may disable the settings option.
I'm sure a clean install will have the "ssh enable" option (it does for me).
Posted: 5 months 2 weeks ago by TMx #109741
TMx's Avatar
I've got to stop xbmc to send guisettings.xml is there any other way to send ?
Thanx in advance for any help or advice :)
Posted: 5 months 2 weeks ago by popcornmix #109737
popcornmix's Avatar
dabnet795 wrote:
Hi, after upgrading to 4.04, I have not been able to SSH or Putty into my Pi. The only SSH setting I can find is under Openelec Settings ->Service which only gives me the option to "Disable SSH Password". Can someone explain how I can enable? or did I miss somethig :)

In openelec settings the services page has an "enable ssh" radio button.
Posted: 5 months 2 weeks ago by dabnet795 #109697