OpenELEC 4.0.7 released

09 Jul 2014

The OpenELEC team is proud to announce OpenELEC 4.0.7.

This release includes some bugfixes, security fixes and improvements since OpenELEC-4.0.6 . Besides the usual bugfixes and package updates we fixed some security issues found the last days/weeks, fixed the issue with low volume on some systems after the alsa update in 4.0.6, updated Kernel to 3.14.11 and updated the RaspberryPi firmware to include the last fixes and features.

OpenELEC-4.0.7 is now the next stable release, which is a bugfix and securityfix release of the OpenELEC-4.0 series.

Bitcoin Adress:

How To Upgrade To OpenELEC 4.0 Release

If you are going to update from one of our older releases, we STRONGLY advise that you make a backup of your XBMC data and manual update . There was reports regarding new database versions, settings, addons and addon repos, which can cause issues if you are using updating from OpenELEC 3.2 or older. You can use our OpenELEC Settings addon if you are using OpenELEC-3.2 to backup your data and then reset it. If you are on an older build, you will need to do this manually:

mv /storage/.xbmc /storage/.xbmc-backup

For more details, please visit http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Updating_OpenELEC.

Updated and changed Components since OpenELEC-4.0.6 (summary)

• update to linux-3.14.11
  • update to libva-intel-driver-1.3.2
  • update to simplejson-3.5.3
  • update to xf86-video-ati-7.4.0
  • update to xorg-server-1.15.2
  • update to lzo-2.08
  • update to libbluray-0.6.0
  • projects/RPi/patches/xbmc: update RPi support patch
  • add package 'libevdev'
  • busybox: add upstream patches
  • propects/Generic/options: lcdproc: enable serialVFD
  • alsa-utils: dont install default ALSA restore rule, to avoid overwriting our own mixer settings with default values. rename our udev rule to start after other default sound config rules. this should fix #3350, this should fix #3346

For a full changelog on what's new, follow the link below:

There has been many months of development and testing in the run-up to this releases, but like any major update there are a lot of changes. Unfortunately, we are unable to test every scenario on all hardware, so it’s possible you might pick up on an issue we may have missed (this is why we do beta tests). We would like anyone brave enough to test this release and report issues that they find either with OpenELEC or XBMC.

Please report any issues you encounter to our issue tracker on github and/or forum. Please follow our guidelines for submitting issues outlined here: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Supported Platform Changes

The number of builds supported has simplified. As of OpenELEC 4.0, images will be provided for AppleTV, Generic (i386 and x86_64) and Raspberry Pi’s.
We have also recently added support for Solid-Run Cubox-I devices to OpenELEC. However, this support is still under active development. Given the fact that this code base is not yet stable, we will not be providing an image for Cubox-i devices with OpenELEC-4.0. Hopefully this will change in the future as support for the platform matures.

New and dropped builds in OpenELEC 4.0

We will no longer be supplying specific builds for Arctic MC, Fusion, Intel and Ion devices – support for all of these devices has been rolled into the Generic builds. If you are using one of these builds, you will need to migrate to the Generic builds. If you need to migrate from an older unsupported build, please follow these instructions:

from Version Old System/Build Architecture to Version
OpenELEC =< 3.0 ION i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) Generic i386
OpenELEC=< 3.2 ION x86_64 (with 64-bit capable hardware) Generic x86_64
OpenELEC=< 3.0 Intel i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) Generic i386
OpenELEC=< 3.2 Intel x86_64 (with 64-bit capable hardware) Generic x86_64
OpenELEC=< 3.2 Generic_OSS i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) Generic i386
OpenELEC=< 3.2 Generic_OSS x86_64 (with 64-bit capable hardware) Generic x86_64
OpenELEC=< 3.0 Xtreamer Ultra 1/2 x86_64 Generic x86_64
OpenELEC=< 3.2  AMD Fusion x86_64 Generic x86_64
OpenELEC=< 3.2 Arctic_MC x86_64 Generic x86_64

For more information, please visit:

You can find the new release of OpenELEC 4.0.7 on the downloads page

Posted: 3 months 5 days ago by lostiniceland #115258
lostiniceland's Avatar
Hello everyone

I am having trouble with video playback on 4.0.7. The playback sounds like mono and is very quiet. In some cases the playback causes some artifacts (noise).
There is no problem with live-tv (tvheadend) nor mp3.

I tested all videos on Windows (dual boot on same machine) and there everything is fine.

Anyone else having this problem? Files are mostly AC3 encoded.

Hardware: AMD Richland with Asus Essence Stx sound card.
Posted: 3 months 2 weeks ago by bombarie86 #113995
bombarie86's Avatar
I rolled back to version 4.06, 4.07 didn't work well in combination with my RPI (spontaneous reboot during playing a movie, several stutterings, slaggy navigation and error messages of a broken connection with the pulse eight cec adapter, maybe the new build will give a better result for me.
Posted: 3 months 3 weeks ago by bombarie86 #113845
bombarie86's Avatar
@ Popcornmix, unfortunately your advice didn't work out for me. If I mark the mentioned option, I get a message that the CEC configuration has been updated, then I lose the connection with the original TV controller. After a reboot by using Yatse ( I use my smartphone then ) the language and timezone have been changed again and the option in the CEC configuration is undone. With previous Openelec versions this didn't occur.

Edit: It seemed to be solved after testing reboot with and without clearing cache, so something in the settings must been triggered or changed by selecting the option of the TV language (it's still unmarked yet)
Posted: 3 months 3 weeks ago by bombarie86 #113766
bombarie86's Avatar
Thank You, I will take a look at that. Meanwhile I found out, that at first I did a restart after a clean up of the cache, which resulted in this language and timezone change, later I did a restart without cleaning up the cache and nothing has been changed.
I will report later the result of your advice
Posted: 3 months 3 weeks ago by popcornmix #113763
popcornmix's Avatar
bombarie86 wrote:
With this version my language (dutch) is changed into English (Australian time ) after restart, a bug? (I'm using the Raspberry Pi Build)

Look in settings/system/input/peripherals/CEC adapter.

You may have "use TV language as default" enabled.
Posted: 3 months 3 weeks ago by bombarie86 #113733
bombarie86's Avatar
Posted: 3 months 4 weeks ago by BoxFreak #113554
BoxFreak's Avatar
No sound after resume with 4.0.7. Hardware Zotac ID33 and Onkyo TX-NR818. With 4.0.3 and older sound was OK most of the times after resume, failing only now and then.

Is there a good guide somewhere for idiot like me that tells how to fix this? I found this though...: gist.github.com/nmunson/5743582
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by chercheur #112836
chercheur's Avatar
I tried both NFS and SMB....
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by jjslegacy #112812
jjslegacy's Avatar
chercheur wrote:

Since the upgrade from 4.0.6 to 4.0.7 the network browsing takes ages.
I can't go from 1 movie subdirectory to another without waiting 30 seconds....or more.

Anyone with the same behaviour ?

I have not noticed anything different I am using NFS - how are you accessing files?
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by chercheur #112779
chercheur's Avatar

Since the upgrade from 4.0.6 to 4.0.7 the network browsing takes ages.

Anyone with the same behaviour ?
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by frarev #112775
frarev's Avatar
djfenixchile wrote:
I have windows system in a HDD and the movies in another hdd with NTFS format. can i mount this file system in openelec?

You should use the normal way to access library movies and "mount" it in XBMC via a share : SMB, etc....
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by djfenixchile #112762
djfenixchile's Avatar
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by Ulli #112620
Ulli's Avatar
It was my fault. Nothing to do with 4.0.7. My media Source was using FTP and this was the root cause. I did Change to SMB and now everthing works fine, also with 4.0.7. Best regards
Ulli
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by frarev #112617
frarev's Avatar
DDD wrote:
Intel GPU? Do you tried to unchecked VC1 in Video Settings to decode it via Software?

Is this encoding VC1 ? Don't think so : it seems AVC, but not specialist...
Vidéo
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Profil du format : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Paramètres du format, CABAC : Oui
Images par seconde : 23,976 Im/s
Espace de couleurs : YUV
Sous-échantillonnage de la chrominance : 4:2:0
Profondeur des couleurs : 8 bits
Type de balayage : Progressif
Bits/(Pixel*Image) : 0.159
Taille du flux : 3,25 Gio (93%)
Langue : Anglais
Default : Oui
Forced : Non

I didn't change my settings from 4.0.6 to 4.0.7 and never had problem before....
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by frarev #112616
frarev's Avatar
ix400 wrote:
frarev wrote:
I have few mosaic artefacts on my intel NUC Haswell i5 D54250WYK when i was viewing Game of Throne S04E03 and S04E04. I never had this before.

I searched for Openelec 4.0.6 on archive.openelec.tv/ but I couldn't find it, neither 4.0.5.

So i went back to openelec 4.0.4 : i will check if I still have this problem.....

... I also observed strange mosaic artefacts while watching 'Operation Kingdom' last night. The movie is encoded in VC1.

Is GOT also VC1 encoded?

I'm using 4.0.7 since yesterday and I've not observed these artefacts in any other 4.0.x version before.

THis is the video information :
Vidéo
Images par seconde : 23,976 Im/s
Espace de couleurs : YUV
Sous-échantillonnage de la chrominance : 4:2:0
Profondeur des couleurs : 8 bits
Type de balayage : Progressif
Bits/(Pixel*Image) : 0.159
Taille du flux : 3,25 Gio (93%)
Langue : Anglais
Default : Oui
Forced : Non

Do you have an intel NUC ? or an intel GPU ?

It seems that OpenElec 4.0.7 includes new intel driver if I correctly read the change log :
"update to libva-intel-driver-1.3.2"
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by Hakem #112611
Hakem's Avatar
I Trier every build on my ripi . i found out that Version: 3.95.7 is the most stable for me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by DDD #112607
DDD's Avatar
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by ix400 #112605
ix400's Avatar
frarev wrote:

Is GOT also VC1 encoded?

Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by dipswitch #112595
dipswitch's Avatar
A little update: i reverted back to 4.0.6 and now my dvblink client is working as before, no problems at all. So there is definitely someting wrong in 4.0.7. Hope anyone from the development team picks this up.
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by Ulli #112594
Ulli's Avatar
Hi Folks,
I just reverted back on my RPi to 4.0.6. because files (on my synology NAS) with german special charactes (Umlaut üaöß) were not shown at all, neither in the files section, not in the titles section of movies. Now with 4.0.6. it works again perfectly.
Maybe something to consider for 4.0.8. Best regards from Munich
Ulrich
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by Marski69 #112565
Marski69's Avatar
Bug 2 lightpacks not solved in Version 4.05 and 4.06 + 4.06 :huh:

I have a problem with version 4.07 that 1 of my 2 lightpacks stay on when i shut down Openelec.
Back to 4.04 problem is not there.
Anyone can confirm this problem?
Something changed with lsusb in the versions after 4.04.... :sick:
Pls help or fix because i cannot upgrade to newer version then 4.04

p.s. The lightpack that stays on uses a USB splitter shared with CEC adapter
Problem solved

- 2 lightpacks on the same splitter
- CEC adapter in single USB port

Changed with lsusb -d 1d50:6022 the bus en device id's for my boblight.config
Lights where fck*p after that (some off, some on with different colors)
but powersupply off for few minuts and startup openelec everything is ok:)

Happy now ;)
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by frarev #112564
frarev's Avatar

Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by kobrawerde #112537
kobrawerde's Avatar
Version 4.0.6 / 4.0.7 work for me perfectly
thanks for the work
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by dipswitch #112535
dipswitch's Avatar
Here it is. Hope someone can help.
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by DDD #112534
DDD's Avatar
I would Upload the full Log.Zip from the Samba-Share "Logfiles" here, then maybe others would see an Error/Issue there.