WETEK Play

The OpenELEC team is proud to announce OpenELEC 6.0 (6.0.0)

The most visible change is Kodi 15.2 (Isengard). Beginning with Kodi 15.0 most audio encoder, audio decoder, PVR and visualisation addons are no longer pre-bundled into OpenELEC but can be downloaded from the Kodi addon repo if required. PVR backends such as VDR and TVHeadend will install needed dependencies automatically. For further information on Kodi 15.1 please read http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-2-isengard-final-release/.

We now officially support WeTek's WeTek_Play device with a build that installs to internal NAND and dual-boots with Android on an SD Card. The iMX6 build extends support to all Solidrun CuBox-i/TV, Solidrun Hummingboard devices and the OSMC Vero. We recommend CuBox-i2eX / Hummingboard-i2eX or better devices.

Under the hood there are updates to ffmpeg 2.6, mesa 10.6, Xorg-1.17, libva 1.6, systemd v219, binutils 2.25, Glibc 2.22, libressl 2.1.7, LLVM-3.6 and Kernel 4.1 (except for iMX6 and WeTek_Play).

OpenELEC 6.0 release contain a Kodi major version bump. If you are updating from OpenELEC 5.0 or earlier we strongly recommend you perform a full backup before performing a manual update. If you experience issues please perform a soft-reset to clear OpenELEC and Kodi settings.

NB: Many addons and skins still need porting to Isengard by their developers. This is out of our control, and until updates are published many addons may be marked as broken by Kodi. If an addon or skin is essential to you, please confirm it is compatible with Kodi Isengard before updating.

If you want to support us, you can buy your own RaspberryPi-2 at ThePiHut by using this link.
ThePiHut Logo

banner openelec

WeTek OpenELEC Box - LIMITED EDITION
Designed from the inside to the outside

Thinking about all OpenELEC community, we have been working with our sponsor partner WeTek on a TV box dedicated to Kodi. Let us present you the WeTek OpenELEC model, a special edition, with pre-installed OpenELEC that combines DVB and multimedia contents.

Receiving IPTV channels is good, but broadcasting DVB channels with only one box, is great. WeTek OpenELEC is available with 3 different tuners, depending on your location and signal type (satellite, cable, terrestrial) you may opt for different tuners (DVB-S2, DVB-C/T/T2 and ATSC).

You may use a HDMI or an AV cable to connect the box, this guarantee that it can be used not only with modern TV but also with older one. This is the easiest way to enjoy Kodi environment on your TV.

This new device is already available on our website and includes 24 months guarantee and free express delivery. This is a limited edition reserved for OpenELEC fans, so access our OpenELEC webshop and don't wait to get your own.

Platform Changes

• [DROPPED] Generic 32bit (i386) builds

We dropped our Generic 32bit (i386) build. The number of 32bit devices are declining and our stats system shows most 32bit Generic users have 64bit capable hardware that can be updated to the Nvidia_legacy build. Please refer to the Wiki for 32bit > 64bit migration instructions or use the forum to get support. Users with 32bit hardware can continue to use our 5.0 releases, or if they want to buy new hardware, we recommend switching to a RaspberryPi 2 or WeTek-Play.

• [CHANGED] Generic 64bit (x86_64) builds

The Generic x86_64 build contains now the latest nVidia GPU drivers which drops support for some older nVidia GPU hardware. Supported GPUs can be found in the following list: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/83686.

• [INFO] AppleTV 32bit (i386) builds

Official OpenELEC builds for AppleTV hardware ceased at v4.2.1 but an unofficial 'community' v5.95.4 build with Kodi Isengard and CrystalHD support has been published by project staff member 'chewitt'. This build is noteworthy for solving CrystalHD playback performance problems that troubled historic AppleTV builds. For more information please read here: http://chewitt.openelec.tv/appletv.

• [NEW] NVidia_Legacy 64bit (x86_64) build

This 64bit build continues to use the 304.125 legacy driver to continue support for older nVidia GPUs including popular ION devices. This build contains only nVidia drivers (no Intel/AMD). Supported GPUs can be found at http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/80134. Please be aware that at some point in the mid-term future a driver bump will be required that drops support for ION devices.

• [NEW] WeTek_Play ARM build

WeTek offers a new dimension of technology, innovative products and solutions with the best support. Wetek is a company dedicated to designing and manufacturing products, which will satisfy all customer needs (in the sector of Home entertainment) and contribute to a better quality life for clients.

Starting with OpenELEC-6.0 we officially support Wetek's WeTek Play and OpenELEC's Box ARM devices. WeTek Play is a unique TV box. With Android and/or OpenELEC, WeTek gives your TV the full potential of Internet. Certified by Google, WeTek gives you access to thousands of Android applications through Google Play. WeTek Play includes Plug and Play DVB Tuners for Satellite (Twin Tuner), Cable, Terrestrial and ATSC (depending on the model) and you have a unique experience of DVB and Multimedia in one small device.

For more information about WeTek, visit http://www.wetek.com or Wetek's shop at https://wetek.com/product/wetek-play

Specification

Processor (CPU) AMLogic AML-8726 MX (1.5 GHz Dual Core)
GPU Mali MP400 (Dual Core)
RAM Memory 1GB DDR III

USB 5(4*) (3 external, 2(1*) internal) | * = for OpenELEC box
SPDIF 1x
Serial Debug Yes external
A/V Output 1x
HDMI 1x
Power socket DC In
LED 3x (power, LAN, WiFi)
IR Yes
RF With motion RCU

How To Upgrade To OpenELEC 6.0 Release

You can find the new release of OpenELEC 6.0.0 on the downloads page

Posted: 2 months 3 weeks ago by APOC [T.i.M.] #159442
APOC [T.i.M.]'s Avatar
in reply to:

Can I use this methode to upgrade my firmware only so my image will support my new Pi3 also?
(I'd prefer to only flash the firmware and not to bump OE)
I tried to copy 'bootcode.bin' / 'fixup.dat' / 'start.elf' + the new 'bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb' to my SD-card, but that doesn't work, image won't boot with Pi3. OR is there perhaps any other way to this? (I do know how to use SSH and Samba for instance, fyi).

If there's somewhere something usefull I can read myself, GREAT, I searched my ass off BUT I can't seem to find a working solution. it's every time OR copy bootloader files to your SD, OR use Hexxeh, BUT that won't work either with OpenELEC because no 'sudo' and no 'rpi-update' (github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update)... Perhaps it's possible to get the Hexeh script in OpenELEC in some other way than 'sudo curl -L --output /usr/bin/rpi-update raw.githubusercontent.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update/master/rpi-update && sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/rpi-update'? I know I can't use 'sudo' to get Hexxeh in the filesystem, and I believe the 'system' is readonly(?), so it can't be done this way.

So hopefully someone could give me a direction on how I can pull this off OR where to find information on how to do it, I don't mind reading, I like to learn and really enjoy to experiment with OpenELEC and Kodi.

With kind regards, Tim
Posted: 3 months 3 weeks ago by romdogg #156999
romdogg's Avatar
Hi, sorry. I dont know any legit adds and repos for opeenlec xbmc. Can you share some? Also, regarding to my old post, what if i use a wifi range extender? Will it improve the connectivity of my apple tv1? Thanks. Sorry to be a pain. Please reply.
Posted: 3 months 4 weeks ago by chewitt #156581
Posted: 4 months 1 hour ago by Rico_s #156573
Rico_s's Avatar
Hey.

Anyone know whats new/fixed in 6.0.1?

Regards
Posted: 4 months 2 hours ago by HiassofT #156570
HiassofT's Avatar
panusha wrote:
Or could someone please explain me how to update the firmware manually?
Download boot/start_x.elf and boot/fixup_x.dat from the RPi firmware Github repository and replace start.elf and fixup.dat on your boot partition with these files (rename them first to get rid of the "_x" in the filenames).

You can do this while OpenELEC is running (don't forget to remount your boot partition read/write before) or simply on another PC - the boot partition is FAT, so no problem to do that on a Windows PC or MAC.

so long,

Hias
Posted: 4 months 3 hours ago by Oral-B #156568
Oral-B's Avatar
Mmh, no sign of a 6.0.1 upgrade here... :huh:
Posted: 4 months 5 hours ago by mhoogenbosch #156562
mhoogenbosch's Avatar
Both my nuc and pi2 got a notifiy message saying 6.0.1 had arrived. I installed it on both of them and everything still works :)

Is there going to be a new thread for this release, or are you going to pass on this?
Posted: 4 months 19 hours ago by klojum #156536
klojum's Avatar
panusha wrote:
Wow... And what do we get in return for that "please urgently update"? A small number of developers/volunteers have just been working their a..es off on the latest OpenELEC builds, in their own limited free/spare time, mind you. Although I can understand the frustration as well as the eagerness to have a working setup, there are some 499,999 other users of which some also have their wishes and complaints. So why not put your request onto the OpenELEC bug/feature tracker, and it will be taken into consideration. See github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md .

panusha wrote:
AFAIK, "rpi-update firmware" doesn't work on OpenELEC.
You know correctly, OpenELEC has no package manager whatsoever. But you could also start compiling your own OpenELEC builds with whatever firmware updates you need. See wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Compile_from_source .
Posted: 4 months 1 day ago by panusha #156500
panusha's Avatar

I encounter a bug when watching IPTV (h264) on Raspberry Pi 2. It's described here github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/499 and has been fixed around two weeks ago. I'm on 6.0.1 and it seems as if the necessary firmware update has not been included in the 6.0.1 update for Raspberry Pi 2.

Could you please urgently update the firmware so that I get it as an automatic update for OpenELEC? Or could someone please explain me how to update the firmware manually? AFAIK "rpi-update firmware" doesn't work on OpenELEC.

Thank you very much.
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by luizmpbah #155995
luizmpbah's Avatar
why did not I think of that ?

I ill try when I go home.
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by klojum #155992
klojum's Avatar
You could try and change your DNS servers.
Use Google's DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

If your provider is really blocking Kodi/OE urls, I would like to know their explanation.
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by luizmpbah #155989
luizmpbah's Avatar
I Found the problem, But still dont Know How to solve it.

After all the tests, and still getting the same problem, My Wife Asks me to try do conect to the 3g access point of her Iphone, as I got a USB wifi card a try to do it, and updates started as well, same happened with the repositories that I could'nt get in.

reset my router and tryed to connect to it, and got the problem again,

Result, something in my internet provider is blocking the urls of the repositories, I am at Work now and the links are Working good here.
Next steps, contact the internet provider?
is There another ways?

Thanks for all Replys, you ara amazing, thats wy i Love Open Source.
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by klojum #155952
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by luizmpbah #155946
luizmpbah's Avatar
nickr wrote:
Looks like a temporary failure to get the addons list, viz:
14:32:10 T:139717014185728 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for addons.openelec.tv/6.0/Generic/x86_64/addons.xml

That file is certainly reachable for me from a browser right now, I suggest you try again.

The internet doesn't always work!

This is What I got If I click On What Link: from my Browser:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /6.0/Generic/x86_64/addons.xml on this server.
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by nickr #155937
nickr's Avatar
Looks like a temporary failure to get the addons list, viz:

The internet doesn't always work!
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by luizmpbah #155936
luizmpbah's Avatar
luizmpbah wrote:
And Now?

Klojum, thanks for the help.
<script src="//pastebin.com/embed_js/udkFaqmg"></script>
<iframe src="//pastebin.com/embed_iframe/udkFaqmg" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>

pastebin.com/udkFaqmg

Thanks for All Replys, and for the Pacience!

A used openelec 5 for 1 year, and 2 days ago I decided to upgrade, so I Did a fresh instal, and wen I start the configuration, de repositories Did'int work, try reinstal 3 times, download again and made a new Boot flash-drive, download and instal the Openelec 5 again, and try de same configuration that wolks perfectly for 1 year, but sitll with same problem.
In the Openelec 6 I click on the repo (oficial or unoficial) and nothing rappers. And the updates return a message of fail.
On Openelec 5, a clic on de repos and a get incide than but if a try to instal something, the instalation fail.

Somebody help Me??
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by chewitt #155922
chewitt's Avatar
There has been an outbreak of stevejobsitis among the developers resulting in a few "just one more thing" commits. Nearly there :)
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by Corwyn #155919
Corwyn's Avatar
gaelic wrote:
thibault wrote:
chewitt wrote:
The 6.0.1 release is currently in private testing and fingers-crossed should be out soon. Once shipped team focus moves to 7.0 beta. This should not be a huge task as there's been lots of activity in the master branch recently. If anything 6.0.1 is going slow due to the amount of concurrent 7.0 activity. Another reason is that we've been using milhouse builds with a "manageable audience" to shift testing of larger and/or more experimental changes away from the "big audience" that a public beta attracts. Moving that kind of testing to an earlier point in the development cycle should (again, fingers crossed) result in fewer gotchas during beta and a shorter beta period.

Many thanks for this update on 6.0.1 from the dev team!

Is it already here?

:huh: "head meet desk"
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by klojum #155918
klojum's Avatar
Can you see it already on the OpenELEC download page? :-)
If it's not listed, it's not there yet.
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by gaelic #155916
gaelic's Avatar
thibault wrote:
chewitt wrote:

Many thanks for this update on 6.0.1 from the dev team!

Is it already here?
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by thibault #155907
thibault's Avatar
chewitt wrote:

Many thanks for this update on 6.0.1 from the dev team!
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by luizmpbah #155828
luizmpbah's Avatar
And Now?

Klojum, thanks for the help.
<script src="//pastebin.com/embed_js/udkFaqmg"></script>

pastebin.com/udkFaqmg

Thanks for All Replys, and for the Pacience!

Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by klojum #155812
klojum's Avatar

We're trying to avoid that people are splattering their log files here all over the forum. Use pastebin website for your logs.

Also, don't cut out the part where YOU think the problem is. Most of the time, other causes start a problem before that.
Always pastebin full kodi logs on your pastebin website of choice. Not here. Post only the URL to your log here.
Posted: 4 months 1 week ago by luizmpbah #155810
luizmpbah's Avatar
This Way?

14:32:10 T:139717014185728 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)(52)
14:32:10 T:139717014185728 ERROR: Open - failed to open source <addons.openelec.tv/6.0/Generic/x86_64/addons.xml>
14:32:10 T:139717014185728 ERROR: Failed to read directory listing addons.openelec.tv/6.0/Generic/x86_64/addons.xml for repository repository.openelec.tv.
14:32:12 T:139716418594560 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
14:32:14 T:139716418594560 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
14:32:14 T:139716418594560 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
14:32:16 T:139716234020608 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
14:32:17 T:139717307803392 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
14:32:17 T:139717307803392 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)(52)
14:32:17 T:139717307803392 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[metadata.album.universal]: MD5 mismatch after download special://home/addons/packages/metadata.album.universal-2.5.1.zip
14:32:17 T:139716410201856 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
14:32:17 T:139716401809152 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
14:32:22 T:139716418594560 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 4 times.
14:32:22 T:139716418594560 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)(52)
14:32:22 T:139716418594560 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[metadata.artists.universal]: MD5 mismatch after download special://home/addons/packages/metadata.artists.universal-3.6.2.zip
14:32:23 T:139716234020608 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
14:32:24 T:139717307803392 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)(52)
14:32:24 T:139717307803392 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[metadata.common.allmusic.com]: MD5 mismatch after download special://home/addons/packages/metadata.common.allmusic.com-3.1.1.zip
14:32:26 T:139716410201856 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)(52)
14:32:27 T:139716234020608 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
14:32:27 T:139716418594560 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
14:32:27 T:139716418594560 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)(52)
14:32:32 T:139716418594560 ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
14:32:32 T:139716418594560 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[metadata.common.fanart.tv]: MD5 mismatch after download special://home/addons/packages/metadata.common.fanart.tv-3.1.3.zip
14:32:33 T:139717307803392 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)(52)
14:32:33 T:1397