Update: OpenELEC-6.0.3 was released with fixes for

• non working DVB driver for WeTek and OpenELEC box
  • some CEC fixes for WeTek and OpenELEC box
  • some fixes for language problems
  • fixes for NOOBS (RPi)

downloads page updated

The OpenELEC 6.0.2 release has been published. Users running OpenELEC 5.95.1 thru 6.0.1 with auto-update enabled will be prompted on-screen to reboot and apply the update once it has been downloaded. Users running older OpenELEC releases or with auto-update disabled will need to manually update. If you would like to update from an older OpenELEC release please read update instructions/advice on the Wiki before updating. Manual update files can be obtained from the downloads page.

OpenELEC 6.0.2 is a maintenance release but has some new features backported from our upcoming OpenELEC-7.0 release. The main fixes are:

• full RaspberryPi 3 support including onboard WLAN and Bluetooth
  • fixes to our settings addon, including fixes for backup/restore
  • add more USB-WLAN drivers to WeTek Play and WeTek OpenELEC box builds
  • Add a new experimental Amlogic CEC driver for WeTek Play and WeTek OpenELEC box.
  • Added primary for testing and reporting issues.
  • Nvidia graphic driver updates
  • updated RPi 1/2/3 firmwares and graphic drivers
  • more WLAN firmwares to support more chipsets
  • Patch for glibc's DNS exploit CVE-2015-7547
  • latest LTS 4.1 kernel (except iMX6 and Amlogic builds)
  • add entropy package to speedup start of WLAN drivers
  • add support for AVerTV Volar HD 2

To view a complete list of GitHub changes since 6.0.1 click here: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/compare/6.0.1...6.0.2

OpenELEC 6.0 release contain a Kodi major version bump. If you are updating from OpenELEC 5.0 or earlier we strongly recommend you perform a full backup before performing a manual update. If you experience issues please perform a soft-reset to clear OpenELEC and Kodi settings.

If you want to support us, you can buy your own RaspberryPi-2 at ThePiHut by using this link.
ThePiHut Logo

banner openelec

WeTek OpenELEC Box - LIMITED EDITION
Designed from the inside to the outside

Thinking about all OpenELEC community, we have been working with our sponsor partner WeTek on a TV box dedicated to Kodi. Let us present you the WeTek OpenELEC model, a special edition, with pre-installed OpenELEC that combines DVB and multimedia contents.

Receiving IPTV channels is good, but broadcasting DVB channels with only one box, is great. WeTek OpenELEC is available with 3 different tuners, depending on your location and signal type (satellite, cable, terrestrial) you may opt for different tuners (DVB-S2, DVB-C/T/T2 and ATSC).

You may use a HDMI or an AV cable to connect the box, this guarantee that it can be used not only with modern TV but also with older one. This is the easiest way to enjoy Kodi environment on your TV.

This new device is already available on our website and includes 24 months guarantee and free express delivery. This is a limited edition reserved for OpenELEC fans, so access our OpenELEC webshop and don't wait to get your own.

How To Upgrade To OpenELEC 6.0.2 Release

You can find the new release of OpenELEC 6.0.2 on the downloads page

Posted: 4 months 2 weeks ago by miguelesquirol #165247
miguelesquirol's Avatar
I updated my Raspberry Pi 2 a couple of days ago and the video playing stopped working. The system freezes when I try to play anything. I try to reset settings/hard reset but the problem persisted. I deactivated the hardware acceleration and the video was able to play but slow and laggy I tried to reinstall but I got the rainbow screen.

Finally I had to downgrade reinstalling the version 6 and everything worked as intended.. I don't think I'll be updating soon.
Posted: 6 months 1 week ago by saharmali #163643
saharmali's Avatar
maybe later, it needs some upstream work for kernel etc...

Posted: 8 months 1 week ago by nickr #160338
nickr's Avatar
TheRaww wrote:
To double check the issue, I bought a brand new SD card. When using Win32 DiskImager to write the image i downloaded from the following page:
releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.3.img.gz

Steps in Win32DiskImager:
unpacked the file and placed the image file to the desktop.
Select the image from the desktop.
Select the SD card drive letter
Verify if everything is set correctly and click on Write. After this the writing proces starts and succesfully completes.
After this I check the files on the SD card which are the following:
- EFI (this is a folder with BOOT in it)
- KERNEL
- syslinux.cfg
- SYSTEM

After placing the SD card in the RP3 en connecting the powersupply, nothing happens but indicator lights on the RP3 board itself. The TV does not receive any input. The HDMI ports on the TV are working. This has been checked with other devices. I have a recent TV from samsung.

When using the NOOBS package and writing this to the same SD card, the RP3 does provide a splash screen and I am able to install Win 10 on it. This is not what I want. I want to install OpenElec and Kodi on the RP3. Could the RP3 itself be damaged?

NOOBS Download link:
www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/

Thanks for your repsonse guys!

You need to use the raspberry pi image, not the Generic image.
Posted: 8 months 1 week ago by Kriss Kross #160303
Kriss Kross's Avatar
Thanks!!! This solved my issue.

What actually was the change in the settings? What did it do?

Greets
Posted: 8 months 1 week ago by TheRaww #160297
TheRaww's Avatar
releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.3.img.gz

Steps in Win32DiskImager:
unpacked the file and placed the image file to the desktop.
Select the image from the desktop.
Select the SD card drive letter
After this I check the files on the SD card which are the following:
- EFI (this is a folder with BOOT in it)
- KERNEL
- syslinux.cfg
- SYSTEM

NOOBS Download link:
www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/

Thanks for your repsonse guys!
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by JimmySmith #159975
JimmySmith's Avatar
I think its just a bot..
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by nickr #159967
nickr's Avatar
paulaugust wrote:
Yes its so glad it open ELEC 6.0.2 is released but auto update is not getting and next is some bugs remains same its not working at some point rest everything is cool
WTF?
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by paulaugust #159927
paulaugust's Avatar
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Sym #159900
Sym's Avatar
Kriss Kross wrote:
First of all I want to tell you what great work you are doing. I really like openelec and kodi. Used before a popcorn hour to watch my movies. Switched now to a Raspberry Pi2 and must say it was the right decision.

I have the following problem with the update from 6.0.1 to 6.0.3:

When watching movies I get microstutters again aproximately each minute. I use a Samsung 4K TV and an Onkyo Receiver. I know that the Onkyo Receiver has some issues but I got it worked with the following settings in Kodi Video/Playback; Sync Playback to Display and Adjust PLL. Worked fine like this, but now I have microstutters again.

Does anybody have an idea what was changed. When I go back to 6.0.1 it works fine again.

Thnaks fo your help
Create a file called "advancedsettings.xml" and copy this into it:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode> <!-- Comment: Default is 0 -->
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Next, copy advancedsettings.xml to .kodi/userdata/ and reboot. This should fix the stuttering. I'm not sure why this is not enabled by default, but it should be.
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Kriss Kross #159884
Kriss Kross's Avatar

I have the following problem with the update from 6.0.1 to 6.0.3:

Thnaks fo your help
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by saimn #159866
saimn's Avatar
Will be there a OE-Release with Jarvis? Or is the development with Krypton?
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by lollo78 #159849
lollo78's Avatar
Thx bcupra this fix the issue.
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by bcupra #159838
bcupra's Avatar
I copied a new bootcode.bin into the /flash directory as described here:
openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-pi/69870-wolfson-audio-card-support?start=270#1
(See #276 HiassofT)
Worked for me..
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by lollo78 #159834
lollo78's Avatar
Hi guys, I just made a fresh install of Openelec 6.0.3 on Raspberry Pi3.
At boot I see for a while a "failure" message.
I opened the log and found it inside 02_System.log:
[ 0.280146] brcmvirt-gpio soc:virtgpio: Failed to map physical address
[ 0.280197] brcmvirt-gpio: probe of soc:virtgpio failed with error -2

File attached
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by lollo78 #159833
lollo78's Avatar
Hi guys, I just made a fresh install of Openelec 6.0.3 on Raspberry Pi3.
At boot I see for a while a "failure" message.
I opened the log and found it inside 02_System.log:
[ 0.280146] brcmvirt-gpio soc:virtgpio: Failed to map physical address
[ 0.280197] brcmvirt-gpio: probe of soc:virtgpio failed with error -2

File attached
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by lollo78 #159832
lollo78's Avatar
Hi guys, I just made a fresh install of Openelec 6.0.3 on Raspberry Pi3.
At boot I see for a while a "failure" message.
I opened the log and found it inside 02_System.log:
[ 0.280146] brcmvirt-gpio soc:virtgpio: Failed to map physical address
[ 0.280197] brcmvirt-gpio: probe of soc:virtgpio failed with error -2

File attached
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by JimmySmith #159790
JimmySmith's Avatar
JimmySmith wrote:
It seems like on 6.0.3 CEC doesnt work properly for LG TV as in 6.0.1. Samsung TV looks without problems. Will investigate logs / debug later and send update.

I cant reproduce the problem unfortunatelly. So you can safelly ignore me on this one :) Hope in long term this doesnt appears again, those bugs are the worst.. I noticed the same behauviour as Addeo, "reboot now" stuck the Rpi (SSH rejected), turn off and on helped. But only once, I tried a few reboots after and all fine.
Posted: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Addeo #159762
Addeo's Avatar
I did that twice, problem occur only in 6.0.3 at previous version 5.0.8 everything is fine...
Posted: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Jocke.Sve #159704
Jocke.Sve's Avatar
Nuke wrote:
Why you can not fix old-old problem with physical keyboard? Unable to type with any other language besides english
>> http://openelec.tv/forum/105-keyboards/79396-keyboard-layout-6-0#159700
Posted: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Corwyn #159661
Corwyn's Avatar
Addeo wrote:
I have problem on my Raspberry Pi2 (with the latest version 6.0.3), that after preform rebot the system wont start, I have blank screen on my TV and amplituner shows message "missing signal".
Only hard restart (remove power) helps to run properly the system.
Does anybody have solution to this issue?
Try booting raspbian to make sure your hardware is ok. If that works, burn a clean microSD with a fresh download of openELEC.
Posted: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Addeo #159656
Addeo's Avatar
Only hard restart (remove power) helps to run properly the system.
Does anybody have solution to this issue?
Posted: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Nuke #159649
Nuke's Avatar
Posted: 8 months 3 weeks ago by JimmySmith #159543
JimmySmith's Avatar
Posted: 8 months 3 weeks ago by S80_UK #159421
S80_UK's Avatar
Fair enough. My OCD told me there should be a separate thread for 6.0.3... :) Didn't realise that there wasn't., sorry.
Posted: 8 months 3 weeks ago by pums974 #159420
pums974's Avatar
S80_UK wrote:
  • This is a thread for the 6.0.2 release, not 6.0.3
I'm pretty sure there is no thread for the 6.0.3 release, and, since it was just a quick fix, I assume that those are merged into the same thread.

S80_UK wrote:
  • You have not told us which hardware you are using - but unless it is also Nvidia ION2 based, then you need to either start a new thread, or ask in a discussion related to your hardware.
  • Not sure who are you asking. Me? If so, and if you are using ION2, why not ask in the thread that I indicated?

Ok, I'm sorry I should have quoted giandena to make it clearer.
He (or she) claims having "something wrong in audio output over hdmi" with an rpi2, so do I.
I just would like to know if we have the same kind of problem.
If so, I know what I have to do next.
If not, I will keep looking, and maybe ask for help in a few days in the right place,
but in the mean time I may have helped someone with the same problem as giandena.