The OpenELEC 7.0 Beta 2 (internal version 6.95.2) release has been published. Users running OpenELEC 6.95.1 with auto-update enabled will be prompted on-screen to reboot and apply the update once it has been downloaded and enabled in some hours. Users running older OpenELEC releases or with auto-update disabled will need to manually update. If you would like to update from an older OpenELEC release please read update instructions/advice on the Wiki before updating. Manual update files can be obtained from the downloads page.
OpenELEC 7.0 Beta 2 is a feature release. The main changes are:
- Platform changes:
- New Platform WeTek Core supported with a own Build
WeTek Core is the best Android TV box you can have to watch IPTV, Movies and TV Shows while you relax on your sofa.
With an AMLogic S812-H, 2GHz Quad-core processor, 4K Support and 8-bit H265, this box will give you all entertainment you are looking for.
- Merged Nvidia_Legacy build to Generic build.
Users who used the Nvidia_Legacy build now have to use our Generic build.
- New Platform WeTek Core supported with a own Build
- Core OS updates and changes (old version in brackets):
- ALSA updated to 1.1.0 (1.0.29)
- Binutils updated to 2.26 (2.25)
- GCC updated to 5.3 (4.9)
- glibc updated to 2.23 (2.22)
- Python updated to 2.7.11 (2.7.3)
- LLVM updated to 2.8 (2.6)
- Linux kernel updated to 4.4 (4.1)
- Mesa updated to 11.2rc (11.0)
- ffmpeg updated to 2.8 (2.6)
- libva updated to 1.7 (1.6)
- connman updated to 1.31 (1.23)
- libnfs updated to 1.10 (1.9)
- libressl updated to 2.2 (2.1)
- systemd updated to 229 (219)
- xorg-server updated to 1.18 (1.17)
- Driver and firmware updates and changes:
- updated WLAN drivers and firmware
- added new AMDGPU driver for new AMD Graphic cards
- updated Intel Graphic driver
- merged Nvidia with Nvidia legacy driver to support old and new Graphic cards with one build.
- Kodi updates and changes (old version in brackets)
- Kodi updated to 16.1rc (15)
- New features
- Bluetooth Audio support (see below)
- OpenVPN reincluded
Changes since OpenELEC-6.95.1 (Beta 1)
- update to Pillow-3.2.0
- update to setuptools-20.6.7
- update to bluez-5.38
- update to xorg-server-1.18.3
- update to inputproto-2.3.2
- update to mesa-11.2.0
- update to kodi-4cf382f/9809c3c
- update to alsa-utils-1.1.1
- update to alsa-lib-1.1.1
- update to sqlite-autoconf-3120000
- update to curl-7.48.0
- update to cmake-3.5.1
- update to ntfs-3g_ntfsprogs-2016.2.22
- update to bcm2835-firmware-046effa
- projects/WeTek_*/initramfs: set video state to disabled on boot
- projects/RPi*/linux: enable CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_TRANSIENT and CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_CAMERA
- projects/RPi*/linux: enable CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_LCD_SUPPORT, CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE, CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_RPI, CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_GPIO, CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_BACKLIGHT, CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_CPU, CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_GPIO
- Add Megaraid_sas support
- add '8812au' to SUSPEND_MODULES
To view a complete list of GitHub changes since 6.95.1 click here: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/compare/6.95.1...6.95.2
Enable and use Bluetooth Audio support
- Enable Bluetooth support via OpenELECs settings addon
- connect your Bluetooth Audio hardware via OpenELEC settings addon
- change your Audio device to PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)
- disable passthrough in Kodis Audio settings
Kodi 16 support
OpenELEC 7.0 release contain a Kodi major version bump. If you are updating from OpenELEC 6.0 or earlier we strongly recommend you perform a full backup before performing a manual update. If you experience issues please perform a soft-reset to clear OpenELEC and Kodi settings.
WeTek OpenELEC Box - LIMITED EDITION
Designed from the inside to the outside
Thinking about all OpenELEC community, we have been working with our sponsor partner WeTek on a TV box dedicated to Kodi. Let us present you the WeTek OpenELEC model, a special edition, with pre-installed OpenELEC that combines DVB and multimedia contents.
Receiving IPTV channels is good, but broadcasting DVB channels with only one box, is great. WeTek OpenELEC is available with 3 different tuners, depending on your location and signal type (satellite, cable, terrestrial) you may opt for different tuners (DVB-S2, DVB-C/T/T2 and ATSC).
You may use a HDMI or an AV cable to connect the box, this guarantee that it can be used not only with modern TV but also with older one. This is the easiest way to enjoy Kodi environment on your TV.
This new device is already available on our website and includes 24 months guarantee and free express delivery. This is a limited edition reserved for OpenELEC fans, so access our OpenELEC webshop and don't wait to get your own.
Help Supporting OpenELEC
If you would like to contribute to the OpenELEC project, there are lots of ways you can help. We are always looking for people to help with documentation, testing and reporting bugs. If you enjoy using OpenELEC and would like to make a donation to support the project, you can do this using PayPal. Donating is easy and takes only a few minutes, and you do not need a PayPal account to make a donation. We can also accept donations by other means (bitcoin, flattr, etc…). You can find out more about donating here.
Note: You do not need a PayPal account to make a PayPal donation.
How To Upgrade To OpenELEC 7.0 beta 2 (6.95.2) Release
If you are going to update from one of our older releases, we STRONGLY advise that you make a backup of your XBMC data and do a manual update . You can use our OpenELEC Settings addon if you are using OpenELEC-3.2 or later to backup your data. For more details, please visit http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Updating_OpenELEC.
OpenELEC.tv is hosted and sponsored by
Testing and Reporting
There has been many months of development and testing in the run-up to this releases, but like any major update there are a lot of changes. Unfortunately, we are unable to test every scenario on all hardware, so it’s possible you might pick up on an issue we may have missed (this is why we do beta tests). We would like anyone brave enough to test this release and report issues that they find either with OpenELEC or Kodi.
We would like to thank our users, team members and partners for testing, reporting and fixing issues, creating how-to documents, developing new features, and their donations of hardware and funds to the project. We appreciate your continued support, without it we would not be able to continue.
Questions & Feedback
You can find the new release of OpenELEC 7.0 beta 2 (6.95.2) on the downloads page