The OpenELEC 7.0 Beta 2 (internal version 6.95.2) release has been published. Users running OpenELEC 6.95.1 with auto-update enabled will be prompted on-screen to reboot and apply the update once it has been downloaded and enabled in some hours. Users running older OpenELEC releases or with auto-update disabled will need to manually update. If you would like to update from an older OpenELEC release please read update instructions/advice on the Wiki before updating. Manual update files can be obtained from the downloads page.

OpenELEC 7.0 Beta 2 is a feature release. The main changes are:

• Platform changes:
    • New Platform WeTek Core supported with a own Build
      WeTek Core is the best Android TV box you can have to watch IPTV, Movies and TV Shows while you relax on your sofa.
      With an AMLogic S812-H, 2GHz Quad-core processor, 4K Support and 8-bit H265, this box will give you all entertainment you are looking for.
    • Merged Nvidia_Legacy build to Generic build.
      Users who used the Nvidia_Legacy build now have to use our Generic build.
  • Core OS updates and changes (old version in brackets):
    • ALSA updated to 1.1.0 (1.0.29)
    • Binutils updated to 2.26 (2.25)
    • GCC updated to 5.3 (4.9)
    • glibc updated to 2.23 (2.22)
    • Python updated to 2.7.11 (2.7.3)
    • LLVM updated to 2.8 (2.6)
    • Linux kernel updated to 4.4 (4.1)
    • Mesa updated to 11.2rc (11.0)
    • ffmpeg updated to 2.8 (2.6)
    • libva updated to 1.7 (1.6)
    • connman updated to 1.31 (1.23)
    • libnfs updated to 1.10 (1.9)
    • libressl updated to 2.2 (2.1)
    • systemd updated to 229 (219)
    • xorg-server updated to 1.18 (1.17)
  • Driver and firmware updates and changes:
    • updated WLAN drivers and firmware
    • added new AMDGPU driver for new AMD Graphic cards
    • updated Intel Graphic driver
    • merged Nvidia with Nvidia legacy driver to support old and new Graphic cards with one build.
  • Kodi updates and changes (old version in brackets)
    • Kodi updated to 16.1rc (15)
  • New features
    • Bluetooth Audio support (see below)
    • OpenVPN reincluded

Changes since OpenELEC-6.95.1 (Beta 1)

• update to Pillow-3.2.0
  • update to setuptools-20.6.7
  • update to bluez-5.38
  • update to xorg-server-1.18.3
  • update to inputproto-2.3.2
  • update to mesa-11.2.0
  • update to kodi-4cf382f/9809c3c
  • update to alsa-utils-1.1.1
  • update to alsa-lib-1.1.1
  • update to sqlite-autoconf-3120000
  • update to curl-7.48.0
  • update to cmake-3.5.1
  • update to ntfs-3g_ntfsprogs-2016.2.22
  • update to bcm2835-firmware-046effa
  • projects/WeTek_*/initramfs: set video state to disabled on boot
  • projects/RPi*/linux: enable CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_TRANSIENT and CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_CAMERA
  • projects/RPi*/linux: enable CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_LCD_SUPPORT, CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE, CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_RPI, CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_GPIO, CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_BACKLIGHT, CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_CPU, CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_GPIO
  • Add Megaraid_sas support
  • add '8812au' to SUSPEND_MODULES

To view a complete list of GitHub changes since 6.95.1 click here: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/compare/6.95.1...6.95.2

Enable and use Bluetooth Audio support

• Enable Bluetooth support via OpenELECs settings addon
  • connect your Bluetooth Audio hardware via OpenELEC settings addon
  • change your Audio device to PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)
  • disable passthrough in Kodis Audio settings

Kodi 16 support

OpenELEC 7.0 release contain a Kodi major version bump. If you are updating from OpenELEC 6.0 or earlier we strongly recommend you perform a full backup before performing a manual update. If you experience issues please perform a soft-reset to clear OpenELEC and Kodi settings.

If you want to support us, you can buy your own RaspberryPi-2 at ThePiHut by using this link.
ThePiHut Logo

banner openelec

WeTek OpenELEC Box - LIMITED EDITION
Designed from the inside to the outside

Thinking about all OpenELEC community, we have been working with our sponsor partner WeTek on a TV box dedicated to Kodi. Let us present you the WeTek OpenELEC model, a special edition, with pre-installed OpenELEC that combines DVB and multimedia contents.

Receiving IPTV channels is good, but broadcasting DVB channels with only one box, is great. WeTek OpenELEC is available with 3 different tuners, depending on your location and signal type (satellite, cable, terrestrial) you may opt for different tuners (DVB-S2, DVB-C/T/T2 and ATSC).

You may use a HDMI or an AV cable to connect the box, this guarantee that it can be used not only with modern TV but also with older one. This is the easiest way to enjoy Kodi environment on your TV.

This new device is already available on our website and includes 24 months guarantee and free express delivery. This is a limited edition reserved for OpenELEC fans, so access our OpenELEC webshop and don't wait to get your own.

How To Upgrade To OpenELEC 7.0 beta 2 (6.95.2) Release

You can find the new release of OpenELEC 7.0 beta 2 (6.95.2) on the downloads page

Posted: 10 months 3 weeks ago by christian08 #162960
christian08's Avatar
antiguangenius wrote:
the sub is embedded in the video nothing you can do its not kodi or OE's fault it coming from the pirated movie file, some movies are like that..... no one is answering because its not a discussion here, so no need to ask more than once......
vulcanjedi wrote:
This happens w/o embedded subs or anything as well
This happened to me after auto updating from stable 6.0 to 6.0.2 or 6.0.3...I reverted back to an old legacy archive build on 6.0 and it went away immediately...seems like its not yet been fixed yet.
Was about to try to the new beta glad I waited.
as @vulcanjedi said, it happened with even embedded or downloaded sub from other service as sbuscene, and it didn't happen when I wass 6.0.2 until I updated to 6.0.3
so now what version are you using @vulcanjedi? Kodi 16 has some features that I dont want to loose, so I dont want to downgrade to 6.0 :(
Posted: 10 months 3 weeks ago by vulcanjedi #162818
vulcanjedi's Avatar
antiguangenius wrote:
christian08 wrote:
I'm not sure it's a bug of OE or a problem of font, you can see in these pictures, English sub with no matter, when some Vietnamese sentences 're good, the others 're missed like that. (2 different sub, one with dual language, one with only Vietnamese)

This happens w/o embedded subs or anything as well
Was about to try to the new beta glad I waited.
Posted: 10 months 3 weeks ago by antiguangenius #162755
antiguangenius's Avatar
christian08 wrote:

Posted: 11 months 1 day ago by Paulfrommanchester #162610
Paulfrommanchester's Avatar
Doesn't work for me. RPI2 - black screen on all videos unless force OMXplayer.

Can't stand OMX as MMAL so much better fo my use.

Reverted to 6.95rc1 as it just works.

* Bonus - learnt to use Openelecs backup and restore system after that last upgrade and subsequent resetup of 6.95.1 :)
Posted: 11 months 1 day ago by christian08 #162593
christian08's Avatar

Posted: 11 months 1 day ago by arv187 #162589
arv187's Avatar
Hi there!,
What mean this in change log?
add '8812au' to SUSPEND_MODULES
Not more support to this driver?

I have a dongle with that driver Edimax EW-7811UTC wireless AC, in raspbian I need make this to dongle work: www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724695#p724695
wget dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/install-wifi.tar.gz
gunzip install-wifi.tar.gz
tar xvf install-wifi.tar install-wifi
./install-wifi -c
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

./install-wifi 8812au

Thanks!
Posted: 11 months 2 days ago by jsolla01 #162562
jsolla01's Avatar
Using the PVR HDHomerun client. Upon reboot of openelec, Channel Manager settings/groups are lost. The PVR client is still enabled in Settings, but it needs to be disabled, then re-enabled in order to scan for channels again.
Posted: 11 months 2 days ago by hyperion23 #162558
hyperion23's Avatar
Frank Butcher wrote:
16.1 has been officially released by Kodi now. Hopefully creeping closer to 7.

6.9.2 has worked wonders for my RPi3 just on the basis of it having the updated wifi drivers which were awful on 6.0.3.

I am compiling OE 7 Git clone right now but for Pi 2. If anybody is interested I can make it available to you once compiling is finished. Kodi 16.1 Final will be included in this build according to the commit info on Github.
Posted: 11 months 2 days ago by nickr #162547
nickr's Avatar
Libreelec has 16.1 if you are in a hurry.
Posted: 11 months 2 days ago by Frank Butcher #162539
Frank Butcher's Avatar
16.1 has been officially released by Kodi now. Hopefully creeping closer to 7.

Posted: 11 months 2 days ago by christian08 #162522
christian08's Avatar
nickr wrote:
No debug log = no issue.

as my previous cmts, I got an issue of displaying Vietnamese subtitle on OE. I got it in 7.0 beta 1, 2, then I still got it when I'm back to 6.0.3
I attached my log, can you have a look :) you can have a look some of my photos in previous cmts
log file: drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ifewRvtUzeZjc4MXV1R29rbnM/view?usp=sharing
Posted: 11 months 3 days ago by hyperion23 #162510
hyperion23's Avatar
johnnyo21 wrote:
Upgraded from 6.0.3 last night to 6.95.2 and my wireless networking slowed down to the point of unusable. I was experiencing no problems at all for the past year and a half since I had first installed Openelec. Network performance was great using a USB dongle wifi adaptor to the Netgear AC router. Streaming 1080P from my HDhomerun and Plex Server works without any problem. I noticed that the WLAN drivers were updated in this recent build and I have an idea that might be our problem here.

Hardware - Intel Atom D2700 / NVIDIA GeForce GT520M / DLink 802.11 n 450mbps Wifi Adaptor.

-J

I have similiar problems with WiFi but with another dongle. Please see this bug report.
Posted: 11 months 5 days ago by SlyRipper #162428
SlyRipper's Avatar
Just as a info for others, I "hard reset" everything from inside the Settings menu, well it's kinda annoying and you have to re-setup everything, including going through the wizard. But now everything works as expected, the addons are working again and the skin, too. Currently re-applying my old library so I don't have to setup that, too ^^ I wonder if this also fixed the black screen on first video starts (after restarting the RPI2 it worked normally)
Posted: 11 months 5 days ago by joxn #162417
joxn's Avatar
Restarting the Raspi2 does not work for me.

Still do not know how to switch to oxmplayer.

Where can I find a release plan to see when the next beta or final version is released? That way I could figure out if I should wait or downgrade.
Posted: 11 months 5 days ago by walid1 #162408
walid1's Avatar
Hi, I need some help. I have nuc inlel icore 7 with open elec . I used to always upgrade and downgrade by with openelec dev update add-ons , but from week ago i can't do any upgrade or downgrade . Any idea why? Thanks
Posted: 11 months 5 days ago by SlyRipper #162402
SlyRipper's Avatar
I sometimes notice this bug too, the movie seems to play correctly and you can hear the sound playing, but the TV stays black. Simply restarting the RPi2 and selecting that movie again solves this issue for me. Though, it should be fixed with upcoming patches ^^

btw I still have an issue with those addons, the screen stays black (is there some setting/config I can change to point it to the right path or resetting the addons? I can't get another language or anything else, that's a bit annoying.
Posted: 11 months 5 days ago by Jocke.Sve #162401
Jocke.Sve's Avatar
Change media player!
OMXPlayer works for me...
Posted: 11 months 5 days ago by joxn #162397
joxn's Avatar
Hey,

I just did a fresh install of OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.95.2 on my Raspi2. I had to upgrade to the fact that the other devices are running plain Kodi Jarvis and share the same mysql database.

Everything works fine.

However, I do not get any video output when watching a movie. Subtitles are displayed and sound is fine, too. But the screen is black.

The codecs are installed fine:
# vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2
MPG2=enabled
# vcgencmd codec_enabled WVC1
WVC1=enabled

Any ideas? From a hardware perspective, the setup is unchanged, I just updated Openelec and re-entered the licence keys for the codecs.
Posted: 11 months 6 days ago by Magnus #162390
Magnus's Avatar
Dear developers, I ask you to do an update resresh rate (reset refresh rate) over HDMI after resuming from standby. Otherwise a black screen on some TVs.
Posted: 11 months 6 days ago by Tributum #162370
Tributum's Avatar
ronny332 wrote:
Starting with 7.0 Beta 1 I receive loads of horizontal randomly colored bars (disorders), mostly within the playback (unusable in this way), but even at the main menu. My hope was a fix at Beta 2, but the issue is the same. The last stable 6.0 Version is running very well.

Hardware: Zotac Box with i3 CPU and Intel Graphics.

I have exactly the same issue with Zbox from Zotac
Posted: 11 months 1 week ago by christian08 #162367
christian08's Avatar
I dont meet this problem when using Kodi on PC
Posted: 11 months 1 week ago by gda #162363
gda's Avatar
IMHO this is a Kodi and not an OE issue.

Gerald
Posted: 11 months 1 week ago by christian08 #162357
christian08's Avatar

Posted: 11 months 1 week ago by TVjunkie #162277
TVjunkie's Avatar
In OE7 Beta 2 the problem with my DigitalDevices TV Card is still persistent.
As you can see:
lspci -v
01:00.0 Multimedia controller: Digital Devices GmbH Octopus DVB Adapter
Subsystem: Digital Devices GmbH Octopus DVB Adapter (Cine CT V6.1 DVB adapter)
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
Memory at fea00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
Capabilities: [70] MSI: Enable- Count=1/2 Maskable- 64bit+
Capabilities: [90] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0000 Rev=0 Len=00c <?>
Kernel driver in use: DDBridge
Kernel modules: ddbridge

There is only the "DDBridge" driver loaded. And not the DigitalDevices driver wich is provided here: github.com/DigitalDevices/dddvb/releases
Because of this, there is no tuner detected and live TV is not working.
I would be very happy, if the drivers could be added in the future.
Posted: 11 months 1 week ago by nickr #162242
nickr's Avatar
christian08 wrote:
I got problem when playing attached sutittle from subscene (downloaded via subscene addon). it happened when I start to use OE 7.0 beta 1. is there any fixx for this bug?
No debug log = no issue.