The OpenELEC 7.0.1 release has been published. Users running OpenELEC 6.95.1 or later with auto-update enabled will be prompted on-screen to reboot and apply the update once it has been downloaded and enabled in some hours. Users running older OpenELEC releases or with auto-update disabled will need to manually update. If you would like to update from an older OpenELEC release please read update instructions/advice on the Wiki before updating. Manual update files can be obtained from the downloads page.

OpenELEC 7.0.1 is a maintenance release for OpenELEC-7.0.0. The main fixes are:

• Fix problems with the Installer on x86 systems.
  • Fix an issue which prevents booting SolidRun's Cubox i4pro

To view a complete list of GitHub changes since 7.0.0 click here: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/compare/7.0.0...7.0.1

Enable and use Bluetooth Audio support

• Enable Bluetooth support via OpenELECs settings addon
  • connect your Bluetooth Audio hardware via OpenELEC settings addon
  • change your Audio device to PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)
  • disable passthrough in Kodis Audio settings

Kodi 16 support

OpenELEC 7.0 release contain a Kodi major version bump. If you are updating from OpenELEC 6.0 or earlier we strongly recommend you perform a full backup before performing a manual update. If you experience issues please perform a soft-reset to clear OpenELEC and Kodi settings.

How To Upgrade To OpenELEC 7.0 (7.0.1) Release

You can find the new release of OpenELEC 7.0 (7.0.1) on the downloads page

Posted: 3 months 3 days ago by Breenda #170214
Breenda's Avatar
Thanks for your reviews, i had solved my problems.Blu ray player software
Posted: 7 months 3 weeks ago by wbree #168072
wbree's Avatar
That's also my question: When can we expected OpenElec based on Kodi 17.0?
Posted: 8 months 1 week ago by gmember #168019
gmember's Avatar
Never heard of it, whats the difference with openelec??
I found the site, still kodi 17 Beta.....

Ah....just found a dutch site with the explanation between both LOL
So much easier for me to read, thnx for the heads up......Final release is on it's way ;)
Posted: 8 months 1 week ago by gmember #168017
gmember's Avatar
When can we expect kodi 17 openelec???
Posted: 8 months 1 week ago by vitorp07 #167980
vitorp07's Avatar
xbmchermit wrote:
Is it possible to roll back to 6.0.3?
Just copy the 6.0.3 .tar file in the update folder and reboot.
Posted: 8 months 1 week ago by xbmchermit #167968
xbmchermit's Avatar
I recently updated to 7.0.1 from 6.0.3 and I am not liking it so far. Two glaring issues:

1. When resuming from suspend, the audio no longer works (and I mean, no audio, no system sounds, no media audio). Since I have to use suspend to be able to power on with my remote, this means that every single time, I have to power it up, then reboot it to have sound.

2. For some reason, OE can no longer properly render my old XVID files. The video is garbled and mangled. They played perfectly fine with 6.0.3.

Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5

Is it possible to roll back to 6.0.3?
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by RogerJT #167950
RogerJT's Avatar
I just recently discovered Openelec, I have been using some of the Android M8S+ boxes and WD units, but now solidly hooked on Openelec.
I installed on a NUC MSI Cubi N-010BUS, and the install was flawless, been running now for a couple of weeks, and used daily by all family members, far far superior to any of the Android boxes and even the WD TV units I had. The video quality is even noticeably better and everything is smooth and FAST! Looking at building a few more for family. Just wanted to say thanks for all your work with Openelec.

P.S. I created a "how I did it pdf" if anyone is interested.
Not sure if this was the right place to post, but thanks again....
Posted: 8 months 2 weeks ago by GeekNathan #167901
GeekNathan's Avatar

I'm still rolling the latest 6x and have tried updating it to 7.0.1 without success. My machine is an old laptop running the x86 version of OE. I resized the partitions easily enough (using gParted) and I have tried dropping the update file into the Update folder via SMB and the ./Update folder via WinSCP and rebooted. It doesn't seem to "take" though.....There doesn't appear to be any issues displayed with the system reboots.

I know I could always do a fresh install but I was hoping to avoid that with the plugins and customisation I have running.....

EDIT: Ok, so forget everything I said. It did update, just took an extra reboot for some reason.

Nice :)
Posted: 9 months 5 days ago by jpollard #167646
jpollard's Avatar
Update - I finally found the problem - and yes, it was on the server.

An update about a month ago didn't properly handle the firewall - but the OpenELEC kit running on the pi2 had no issues until it was rebooted during the 7.0.1 update, THEN the problem showed up. It appears that a firewall patch (or a patch to rpcbind) blocked mountd from accepting the mounts. Once I disabled the firewall, AND restarted the NFS services the problem went away.

The odd routes added are still there though, as well as the non-working rpcinfo -p host-ip.

The the files are now accessible.
Posted: 9 months 5 days ago by Protocol Zero #167638
Protocol Zero's Avatar
I managed to get my display working by setting my BIOS to only display on the LCD screen of the laptop, ignoring any HDMI detection. Then after Openelec is booted, I set the video settings to display HDMI and it finally worked! The only real difference now is when I first boot the laptop, I don't see the usual BIOS info that I usually see, and my TV is blank until the Openelec logo displays. But that isn't a problem at all. Thanks everyone for your hard work on this!
Posted: 9 months 5 days ago by Protocol Zero #167637
Protocol Zero's Avatar
I just ran the update on all 4 of my installs, three of them are just custom built HTPC boxes made with spare parts I had laying around, and all 3 installed perfectly using the "Upgrade/Repair" (option 2) from the USB stick. But I need help with my 4th upgrade.

My 4th machine is a laptop that has never given me an issue up until this point. I initially installed Openelec 4.x and have upgraded everytime a stable upgrade has been released. However, this time the upgrade successfully installed, but if I have the laptop connected to my TV (via HDMI) the TV is blank after the openelec logo. The system has loaded and I get sound from my TV if I press buttons, but no video. If I boot the laptop without it being connected to my TV, it starts right up and works fine. Is there a setting I can adjust to fix this issue?

Thanks!
Posted: 9 months 6 days ago by RacerX #167636
RacerX's Avatar
Upgraded Asus AT3N7A-I (ion) from OpenELEC 6.03 to OpenELEC 7.01 works fine...
Posted: 9 months 6 days ago by jpollard #167635
jpollard's Avatar
Just did the manual update on Pi2...

How does one get NFS mounts to work? It was working in 7.0.0, but doesn't work with 7.0.1.

The only issue I had with 7.0.0 was that the systemd run unit didn't work in one instance (I had one for audio files and another for dvd iso files) In 7.0.0 "systemctl enable" gave a bogus error - for a quick test I manually created the symbolic link, rebooted... and it mounted without errors. The other run unit (exactly the same form, only replacing the source directory and target directory) worked fine with the systemctl enable and start (worked after reboots as well).

With 7.0.1 I get a
pallas:~ # mount 192.168.0.8:/mnt/mmedia/Audio /storage/shit
mount: RPC: Remote system error - No route to host
mount: mounting 192.168.0.8:/mnt/mmedia/Audio on /storage/shit failed: Bad file descriptor
when trying to manually mount. No changes on the server. Pings to the server work just fine. rpcinfo doesn't work either:
pallas:~ # rpcinfo -p 192.168.0.8
192.168.0.8: RPC: Unknown host
which doesn't make any sense either when pings work:
# ping 192.168.0.8
PING 192.168.0.8 (192.168.0.8): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.0.8: seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.827 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.8: seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.954 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.8: seq=2 ttl=64 time=1.110 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.8: seq=3 ttl=64 time=1.259 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.8: seq=4 ttl=64 time=1.452 ms
^C
--- 192.168.0.8 ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0.827/1.120/1.452 ms
The other odd thing doesn't seem to make any difference:
pallas:~ # netstat -rn
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
0.0.0.0         192.168.0.8     0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0 eth0
8.8.4.4         192.168.0.8     255.255.255.255 UGH       0 0          0 eth0
8.8.8.8         192.168.0.8     255.255.255.255 UGH       0 0          0 eth0
192.168.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 eth0
192.168.0.8     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH        0 0          0 eth0
The routes shown for 8.8.4.4, 8.8.8.8 and 192.168.0.8 (the netmask doesn't exactly make sense) and deleting these entries made no difference. The same IP numbers are accessible even after deleting them.

The problem is access to the media files by NFS.
Posted: 9 months 6 days ago by dexmot74 #167632
dexmot74's Avatar
tom2014 wrote:
dexmot74 wrote:
Whats the process for updating via the USB stick? I am trying to go from 6.0.3 to 7.0.1 x86.

Thanks

I've used Imagewriter to put the image onto an USB stick. Reboot NUC / boot from Stick.

And then I've done a complete reinstall. You may need to power down the NUC after installation in order to
make "power on" from the remote work again (the nuvoton chips need a re-init).

The biggest problem was to find out which FKey ist for "boot Menue". F10 on the NUCs.

And there ist not much to re-configure:
- IP
- localization
- user/pass for webinterface
- remount the smb shares.

I'm using a (cheap) one-for-all remote, where everything works out of the box, so no need to tune the remote.xml file.

//Tom

So it wasn't really an upgrade. Was more of the reinstall B) Thansk for clarifying :)
Posted: 9 months 6 days ago by tom2014 #167631
tom2014's Avatar
dexmot74 wrote:

Thanks

make "power on" from the remote work again (the nuvoton chips need a re-init).

And there ist not much to re-configure:
- IP
- localization
- user/pass for webinterface
- remount the smb shares.

//Tom
Posted: 9 months 1 week ago by dexmot74 #167617
dexmot74's Avatar

Thanks
Posted: 9 months 1 week ago by tom2014 #167606
tom2014's Avatar

I've testet the upgrade from 6.0.3 -> 7.0.1 on an Intel NUC (D34010WYK).

a) Upgrade via "UpgradeDir"
- copy tar file to update dir / reboot
expected result : NO UPDATE (the partition scheme has changed; the installer shall not change the partition sheme without explicit approval; approval ist not possible while doing "automated update")
seen result: Installer does nothing / OE reboots into old system
--> perfect

b) Upgrade with USB stick

reboot; find key for BOOT Menue -> approve usage of complete disk -> installation took several seconds
-> reboots into 7.0.1
-> update addons
-> enable Tvheaded
-> Done: works perfect
--> perfect

Complete update took around 4-5 minutes/ remote works / tvheadend works / etc.....

Great - perfect work !

THANX,
Tom
Posted: 9 months 1 week ago by source #167592
source's Avatar
manual update from ssh for Raspberry Pi 2 and Pi3

pass openelec

Posted: 9 months 1 week ago by RacerX #167586
RacerX's Avatar
Tested OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.1.img.gz per request

ASUS Asus P5N7A-VM with spare HD. Installer works properly, error appears on shutdown.

"fbset ioctl 0x401 failed"

Thanks
Posted: 9 months 1 week ago by WonderStivi #167566
WonderStivi's Avatar
Does the kernel in this release have support for Skylake chipsets?
Posted: 9 months 1 week ago by sraue #167563
thanks much :-)
Posted: 9 months 1 week ago by Haris1977 #167562
Haris1977's Avatar
Nice to hear that..;) Only few changes for 7.0.1 but nice to hear that OE is back.

Always preffered OE over other versions..Keep up the good work guys:)
Posted: 9 months 1 week ago by sraue #167561