The OpenELEC team is proud to release OpenELEC 3.0.6
This is a maintenance release with fixes for bugs introduced in OpenELEC 3.0.4 and not solved with OpenELEC 3.0.5. together with some XBMC upstream fixes and driver additions. You must upgrade from any previous 2.9x.x or 3.x release to 3.0.6.
We would like to thank our users, team members and partners for testing, reporting and fixing issues, creating how-to documents, developing new features, and their donations of hardware and funds to the project. We appreciate your continued support!
If you want to contribute to the OpenELEC project, you can make a donation using PayPal, Bitcoin or Flattr. Donating is easy, takes only a few minutes and you do not need a PayPal account to make a donation. We have not set up our PayPal donation page to suggest a donation amount; please just donate what you feel comfortable with.
Be social, join our community now!
We invite everyone to actively participate in the OpenELEC community. In a short time we have become a bustling project with many keen users of all skill levels helping out daily. OpenELEC is for everyone and following us on social media not only keeps you up to date but helps the project by letting more people know about us.
- Forum: http://openelec.tv/forum
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/openelec
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OpenELEC
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+openelec
- IRC: #openelec on freenode.net (also avaible via our webchat)
- xbmc: add PR2861
- AE: add upstream fixes by elupus
- Added AUGUST DVB-T205 usb stick ID in rtl28xxu kernel module
- atvclient: add support for macmini and macbook ir sensors
- xbmc: change RSS feed URL
- bcm2835-bootloader: update to bcm2835-bootloader-0d1b1d8
- bcm2835-driver: update to bcm2835-driver-0d1b1d8
- busybox: depends now on rpcbind to do manual mounts
- Revert "rpcbind: remove package 'rpcbind', should not more be needed with recent libnfs"
- Revert "libtirpc: remove package 'libtirpc'"
- Revert "libgssglue: remove package 'libgssglue'"
- avahi: depends on dbus, so wait for it
- xbmc: depends on dbus, so wait for it
- udisks: depends on dbus, so wait for it
- ConsoleKit: depends on dbus, so wait for it & respawn
- connman: depends on dbus, so wait for it
- dbus: add wait_for_dbus() & respawn
- avahi: be quiet on startup
For a full changelog on what's new, follow the link below:
You can find the new release of OpenELEC 3.0.6 on the downloads page
OpenELEC 3.0 is recommended for new installations, and as an upgrade to existing OpenELEC 2.0 installs. However, please note that OpenELEC 2.0 will not automatically update to 3.0. This is a deliberate move as we have observed a small number of issues with Frodo updating Eden databases; we want the timing of an upgrade to be something you choose (i.e. after you made a backup of your Eden configuration). Please ugrade to OpenELEC 3.0 using the manual update process:
OpenELEC 3.0 will be the penultimate release for ION 32-bit and Intel 32-bit users. Support for these images will cease with the OpenELEC 3.2 or 4.0 release. If you are currently using one of these builds the correct migration path is:
- ION i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) => Generic i386
- ION i386 (with 64-bit capable hardware) => ION x86_64
- Intel i386 (with 32-bit capable hardware) => Generic i386
- Intel i386 (with 64-bit capable hardware) => Intel x86_64
Further reminders will be issued with the 3.1 release. If you have any questions, please ask in the forums.